Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A year of books

As some of you know,  I a bit of a reader.  I read mostly as night after everyone else is asleep.  If I'm in a really really REALLY good book, I'll read on the weekend a bit.  I'm really surprised at how many books I can get through in a year.  My year of reading starts on my birthday.  This year I managed to read 71 books.  WOW!  For the first time, I included some of the chapter books I read to my Sugar Bear as well.  I only included the LONGer ones, though.
 
A list of all the books I read this past year is as follows.  The bolded ones are my favorites of the year.

From 9/14/11- 9/14/12

“The Help” by Kathryn Stockett


“I Shall Wear Midnight” by Terry Pratchett


“The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove” by Christopher Moore


“A Killer Stitch” by Maggie Sefton


“Who by Fire” by Diana Spechler


Island of Lost Girls” by Jennifer McMahon


“Plum Pudding Murder” by Joanne Fluke


“Thanks for the Memories” by Cecelia Ahern


“Fluke, or I know why the winged whale sings” by Christopher Moore


“Dyer Consequences” by Maggie Sefton


“Garden Spells” by Sara Addison Allen


“The Chocolate Cat Caper” by JoAnna Carl


“The Stupidest Angel: a heartwarming tale of Christmas terror” by Christopher Moore


“The Chosen One” by Carol Lynch Williamson


“A Visit from the Goon Squad” by Jennifer Egan


“Fleece Navidad” by Maggie Sefton


Start of 2012


“My Lobotomy” by Howard Dully


“The Apple Turnover Murder” by Joanne Fluke


“The Glass Castle” by Jeanette Wells


“The Sugar Queen” by Sara Addison Allen


“Bone by Bone” by Carol O’Connell


“History Lesson for Girls” by Aurelie Sheehan


“V is for Vengeance” by Sue Grafton


“The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins


“The Chocolate Bear Burglary” by JoAnna Carl


“The Chocolate Frog Frame up” by JoAnna Carl


“A cure for Dreams” by Kaye Gibbons


“Catching Fire” by Suzanne Collins


“The Cat Sitter’s Pajamas” by Blaize Clement


“Mockingjay” by Suzanne Collins


“The Secret Life of Bees” by Sue Monk Kidd


“Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” by Ransom Riggs


“Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?” by Steven Tyler


“Gingerbread Cookie Murder” by Joanne Fluke


“The Big Over Easy” by Jasper Fforde


“The Girl Who Chased the Moon”  by Addison Allen


“Dropped Dead Stitch” by Maggie Sefton

“The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane” by Kate DiCamillo


“Dismantled” by Jennifer McMahon


“$10,000 in Small Unmarked Puzzles” by Parnell Hall


“A Dog’s Purpose” by W. Bruce Cameron


“Chocolate to die For” by JoAnna Carl


“The Wise Enchanter” by Shelley Davidow


“Gods in Alabama” by Joshilyn Jackson


“A Dog’s Journey” by W. Bruce Cameron


“Devils’ Food Cake Murder” by Joanne Fluke


“Little House in the Big Woods” by Laura Engalls Wilder


“A Dirty Job” by Christopher Moore


“The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet” by Reif Larsen


“Skein of the Crime” by Maggie Sefton


“Stuart Little” by E. B. White


“The Peach Keeper” by Sarah Addison Allen


“Unraveled” by Maggie Sefton


“The Secret Garden” by Frances Hodgson Burnett


“Good Omens” by Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett


“You Suck: A love story” by Christopher Moore


“Henry Huggins” by Beverly Cleary


“Bite Me” by Christopher Moore


“The Dressmaker or Khair Khana” By Gayle Tzemach Lemmon


“The Chocolate Bridal Bash” by JoAnna Carl


“The Weight of Silence” by Heather Gudenkauf


“Before I go to Sleep” by S.J. Watson


“Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close” by Johnathan Safran Foer


“The Chocolate Jewel Case” by JoAnna Carl


“The Time Traveler’s Wife” by Audrey Niffenegger


“Cast On, Kill Off” by Maggie Sefton


“The Perks of Being a Wallflower” by Stephen Chbosky


“The Knife of Never Letting Go” by Patrick Ness


“Gregor the Overlander” by Suzanne Collins


“The Ask and the Answer” by Patrick Ness


“Fool” by Christopher Moore

1 Live It or Love It:

Beth Cotell said...

WOW! That's quite a list. Perhaps I need to start reading again in my spare time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP