Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Year of Books

You might know that last September I started on the journey back to pleasure reading. It has been a wonderful year. I am grateful for all the simple joys this list of books have brought me. All 56 of them. I really did not come close to imagining that I might read so many books in one years time, but I have a bit of an addictive personality, and once I start something...I get hooked. I'm not sure there were more than a handful of days that I didn't pick up a book for at least a few minutes.

I am a HUGE fan of the library. I can not imagine the cost if I had purchased each of these books. My guess would be over $500. Gotta love the FREE of the library.


"Little Alters Everywhere" by Rebbeca Wells

"Getting Over Jack Wagner" by Elise Juska

"The Shack" by William Young

"N is for Noose" by Sue Grafton (♥ this series. picking up where I left off.)

"O is for Outlaw" by Sue Grafton

"Resistance" by Anita Shreve

"P is for Peril" by Sue Grafton

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson

"South Bound" by Susan Rebecca White

"Q is for Quarry" by Sue Grafton

"A Clue for the Puzzle Lady" by Parnell Hall (I'm hooked!)

"Last Puzzle and Testament" by Parnell Hall

"Puzzled to Death" by Parnell Hall

"Deafening" by Francis Itani

"R is for Ricochet" by Sue Grafton

"Midnight in the Garden of Good And Evil" by John Berendt

"A puzzle in a Pear Tree" by Parnell Hall

"With This Puzzle, I Thee Wed" by Parnell Hall

"S is for Silence" by Sue Grafton

"Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter" by Blaize Clement

"Duplicity Dogged the Dachshund" by Blaize Clement

“And a Puzzle to Die On” by Parnell Hall

“Stalking the Puzzle Lady” by Parnell Hall

"Even Cat Sitters Get the Blues" by Blaize Clement

"Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof" by Blaize Clement

“T is for Trespass” by Sue Grafton

“You Have the Right to Remain Puzzled” by Parnell Hall

“Raining Cat Sitters and Dogs” by Blaize Clement

“The Sudoku Puzzle Murders” by Parnell Hall

“A New Leash on Death” by Susan Conant

“The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder” By Joanne Fluke

“Dead Man’s Puzzle” by Parnell Hall

“Strawberry Shortcake Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“Dead Canaries Don’t Sing” by Cynthia Baxter

“U is for Undertow” by Sue Grafton

“The Puzzle Lady Vs. The Suduko Lady” by Parnell Hall

“A Bite of Death” by Susan Conant

“Blueberry Muffin Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“She’s Come Undone” by Wally Lamb

“Lemon Meringue Pie Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“The Girl who played with Fire” by Stieg Larsson

“Ellen Foster” by Kaye Gibbons

“The Fudge Cupcake Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“Putting on the Dog” by Cynthia Baxter

"What Looks Like Crazy on an ordinary day" by Pearl Cleage

“Paws Before Dying” by Susan Conant

“The Lovely Bones” by Alice Sebold

“Lead a Horse to Murder” by Cynthia Baxter

“There’s No Place Like Here” by Cecelia Ahern

“Gone To the Dogs” by Susan Conant

“The Almost Moon” by Alice Sebold

“The curious Incident of the dog in the night time” Mark Haddon

“A Virtuous Woman” by Kaye Gibbons

“The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest” by Stieg Larsson

“P.S. I Love You” by Cecelia Ahern

“Something Borrowed” by Emily Giffin


As you can see, I like a variety of types of books, but lean pretty heavily towards mystery novels. While each one of these books brought something special to my life, certainly there were some favorites.

I really enjoyed the Stieg Larsson Trilogy. It took me quite awhile to get into the first book, but once I did....I just couldn't wait to see how it, and the other two books ended. I wasn't disappointed and even though there were like 1500 pages between the three books....I still wish there was more to the story. Love the characters.

The pet sitter mystery books by Blaize Clement were such fun, easy reads, and I can't wait for more books in that series to come out. I feel invested in her characters, and can't wait to see what comes next.

"There's no place like here" by Cecelia Ahern just blew my mind. What a wonder concept. It really made me admire such a creative mind. I have never read a book like this one. You've gotta read it.

"Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin was the last book I read this year, and let me just say......OH.MY.WORD was I HOOKED on this book. I could not put it down. The story really isn't all that different, or special, but me oh my.....I just HAD to know what was going to happen. LOVED IT! I'm so excited to read the rest of her books this year.

I could go on and on...but I should stop here. I have a pretty long list of books to read this coming year, but I'm ALWAYS interested in more recommendations. Have YOU read a good book lately? Tell me....tell me!

7 Live It or Love It:

Gayle said...

I can honestly say I haven't read that many books in my lifetime. I do like to read, but if I have free time I ususally knit. Good for you for meeting your goal.

Aspiemom said...

I enjoyed looking over your list. I just love to read and usually have one book going, plus one audiobook going. Sometimes I get the storylines mixed! lol

I've either read or heard most of the Grafton series. I LOVE Michael Palmer (Recommend First Patient) and also John Grisham. Lee Child is another of our favorite authors. Iris Johanson, too. Those are all mysteries. I really like Nicholas Sparks and Debbie Macomber, also.

I go through several books a week, so it's hard to remember them all - I just finished Karen Kingsbury's "Take Four" and am listening to Lee Child's "Gone Tomorrow."

Tabitha Blue said...

I'm SO inspired by you. This is awesome! I haven't picked up a book recently and I'm missing it. I have to say that I loved The Shack. I'll have to go off of your recommendations on the other ones... haven't read those yet :) You rock!

~Tabitha

Autumn said...

Oh that list is awesome! I've only read one book this year. You may or may not like it "Out Stealing Horses" by Per Petterson. It isn't a mystery but there is a mysterious element to it. The author weaves in and out of current day and the past. Let me know if you want to read it and I will send it to you. :)

Jen said...

Wow. You have been busy. I love reading, but only squeeze in a little time before bed. You inspire me to spend more time rading.

Christina said...

What a tremendous accomplishment, and so many hours of enjoyment represented in that list! I took notes on your faves! I love the library too...good for us cheapskates. ;o)

Deb said...

Wow, that's a great accomplishment! I've been reading more too, but not that many books (yet?). :)

I'm curious about the Stieg Larsson books though - I tried starting the first one and just couldn't get into it at all. Does it really get better further on?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP