Saturday, January 31, 2009
So....Sugar has been a bit sick, so I've not been blogging like I usually do, but I did take a tad too much time Thursday night coming up with 25 random things about me on FaceBook. Since I am up to the tippy top of my heart with snuggling a sick Sugar, I decided to be really lazy, and just post it here as well.
1. In my entire life, I have NEVER won a speling bee.
2. In first grade, in an effort to curb my talkative nature, they sat me next to the deaf child. If you could see me RIGHT NOW, I'm saying "I have to go potty" in sign language.
3. There is a dead bear that appears to be coming out of my living room wall. I thought since I didn't do the shooting, it wouldn't have hard feelings, but it ripped a big chunk of hair out of my head once. I'm about 99.8% I did nothing to deserve it.
4. I used to sing soprano in the school choir, but 6 years of cheerleading brought me down to an alto....I think it was the tight briefs I had to wear.
5. When I was 7, I had a worm farm....and one day my brother and his friend went fishing with my little friends. :( I probably only mentioned this so you'd feel sorry for me. I'm pretty sure I'm over it by now....well...mostly.
6. I may, or may not, have a toenail fungus on my pinky toe. I'm not saying....and you're not here to look, so we'll all just have to lose sleep wondering about it. I did read the other day that while Vick's Vapor rub might be harmful to young children, if might cure toe fungus. I may, or may not, have been interested in that little piece of information.
7. I really like to use commas, and sometimes, or most of the time, I use them without knowing for sure if they are needed, or not, but I can't seem to stop myself, or at least, I don't really want to.
8. I once spent like 10 minutes photographing a really cute mouse in my yard, then proceeded to run and scream like a girl when it decided to come towards me.
9. This one time, I was naked, and sitting on an exercise ball, in the shower, and my friend Kim was in there spraying my back with hot water, and ball was covering the drain, and we flooded the entire bathroom, and out into the NEXT room, and my friend Thom came, and heard us giggling, and left a present on the chair and slowly backed out of the room. It was either my 21st birthday party, or when I was in labor...you decide.
10. There was a time in my life, when I MAY have been a boobie pusher, and if my daughter ends up being lesbian, I'll forever wonder if the endless days of nursing while laying on the couch watching "Ellen" had anything to do with it. For the record....I'll love her just the same.....oh and you know....I'll love my daughter too. Let's Dance!
11. When I was in 6th grade, I got a huge sliver in my bum, but didn't want to admit I was dumb enough to slide across a wooden picnic bench with short shorts on, so I let it fester until it just came out on it's own. I wonder if I have a scar?
12. I once told my husband that cats were MORE affectionate than dogs. I think I mistook all the feline butt-licking for foreplay. (okay...so that is just wrong....who is writing this stuff?)
13. Talking about kittens, and angels, and fat little baby cheeks might help you forget about number 12. It isn't likely, but don't say I didn't try.
14. I once spent 2 hours re-routing a creek with my aunt, and had nothing to show for it but broken fingernails, and extremely exfoliated feet.
15. I probably didn't eat an entire bag of circus animal cookies in a period of two days. yeah...I probably didn't do that.
16. In the 8th grade, I had a pet spider in my pencil box for a month. Did you know that spiders need food, and pencil shavings AREN'T appealing? Me neither!
17. I am the most forgetful person on the planet. If I need to remember to do something, I call my house and leave myself a message. I'm telling you...this really works. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME, I come home and I'm all, "ooooo someone left me a message!" and then get disappointed when I realize it was only me. The disappointment doesn't last long, because I always make sure to say, "duh, Corey...you may be forgetful....but you are darn cute!" when I'm leaving the message. It really softens the blow.
18. Do you ever wonder why your thighs look like they were caught in a horrible hail storm? Yeah, me neither.
19. This one time at band camp.........okay so I never went to band camp, but I did play the alto saxophone in school for five years. If I picked up one today....I'd hardly know which end was what.
20. My husband once told me my boobs were racing for my knees. After the initial shock of it all, I had to admit that the right one is winning, and the left one is jealous.
21. I secretly think that I can easily keep a secret secret...but unless it's anti-perspirant,I might be wrong. My friends don't know this.........DAMN!
22.My dog predicted my going into labor by growling and staring at my crotch....that had never happened before....at least not that I ever wanted to admit.
23. My husband has delightfully brought home the following animals without discussing it with me first: an iguana, a chicken, two giniea pigs, one rabbit, a three legged turtle, one horny toad, two more rabbits, two more iguanas, and a miniature horse. Okay... so I'm exaggerating. One of those he didn't bring home....lucky me.b
24. I was once voted most likely to come up with 25 completely idiotic things to say about myself. They gave me a golden toilet plunger. My parents were so proud.
25. I only participated in this silly "25 things about me" thing because my friend Caitlin was whining about it. Whining pushes my buttons, so she worked me GOOD!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
1. If I didn't bring it....I don't eat it! (this is for work, designed to stop the endless snacking on candy and cookies...and such around our office. The photo from yesterday's post is a basket of chocolate in on of my co-workers's office.)
2. NO eating past 9pm. (designed to stop the horrible munching I do at about 10:30 pm each night)
All went GREAT for two whole weeks. It was hard, but I stuck to the rules. I even saw some change in the scale. woo hoo for ME! Then....then......a combination of PMS, and life stress, and all hell broke loose. I ate anything and everything that crossed my path for a week straight.
Monday of this week, I set myself up to resume my former rules. I was picking myself up off the dirt, and hurling myself back on that wagon. Monday was GREAT!
Then Tuesday came along, and it began innocent enough. In the late afternoon I was minding my own business, happily working at my desk when THIS suddenly appeared on my desk:
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Have you noticed that my blog has been ....umm....boring lately? Yeah....me too! I have been crazy busy or shall we say pre-occupied with life stuffs, and I am hardly finding the time to do anything. I simply throw a few photos at this place, and run....off to the next thing on my list. I am not liking it, and I know I have been whining about it for awhile now, and it is getting so old, and......I have no more excuses. I will be PUMPING UP THIS PARTY!
Oh yes, I will....you just WAIT!
Cause it ain't happening today!
Today, I only have like 5 minutes to get a post up, and I.HAVE.NOTHING!
However, a week ago, I opened up this here Bloggity Blog (why do I like that phrase?) to some questioning, and I fully intend on holding up my end of the bargain with some answers. You all asked some darn good questions, and I have lumped some of them into categories (because I am anal like that), and have come up with at least 6 different blog post ideas. There were a few stragglers that I couldn't seem to fit into a category (oh and I tried.....), so I will quickly address them here.
First off, my lovely, and fairly new blogging buddy Marcy inquired as to whether I have every had a dancing lesson. Ummmm...NO! well......YES......ummmmm sort of. I have never had any real dance training, if that is what you mean. However, my first experience with dance was in First Grade, when we spent a few weeks partaking in the art of SQUARE DANCING. Oh how I loved me some square dancing. Unfortunately, after a few "Corey is talking too much in class" meetings with my mother, they made up their minds that if I couldn't be quiet in class, I had to sit out in the dancing. Well, if you know me.........you won't be surprised to hear that to this day, I know NOTHING about square dancing. le..sigh....
Secondly, Marcy also wondered what makes me mad. Well, isn't that a loaded question? I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it. I can go on and on and on about the injustices of the world, but if I'm really honest, most things don't make me MAD. I tend to get SAD about things instead. I am a tender hearted lady, and I find myself getting sad about the problems with this world. I am not saying I don't ever get MAD though, cause I do, but usually it takes something rather LARGE to do so. OR....anything or anyone messing with my Sugar Bear's happiness. You don't even want to see me then. I'm a pretty fierce mama bear.
OH Hey....I just thought of something that makes me MAD.....my darling friend Kimi, queried me on what was for dinner. ARGH! and yet again, I don't know! THAT just plain makes me MAD. I tell myself all the time that I will start menu planning, and I NEVER do. I get so mad at myself about that. Each night at 6 pm-ish, I tiredly trip into our house with about 40 bazillion things in my arms, and a very tired, and hungry Sugar Bear at my feet. I stumble around my kitchen taking note of the food we have, and TRY to come up with a plan. All the while, Sugar is NEEDING me, and the Hubby is NEEDING me, and all I want to do is yell out, "Cold Cereal for dinner, AGAIN!" and half the time I do. It isn't that we don't have food, or that we don't have recipes that we like. It is simply poor planning, and a lack of time that forces us into this frustrating cycle. Oh yes....it needs to change.
Breathe in.....breathe out....breathe in....breathe out......(calming down)
It's a darn good thing my ultra fabulous friend Jo is here to save my sanity by asking the following question:
"if you were a penguin, what would your favorite colour be?"
I love that this question assumes that I am NOT a penguin, when in reality....are we certain that I am NOT? hmmmm.....anyhow, the answer is yellow. Yup, yellow.....I have no idea why, because yellow snow is just plain nasty. Am I right or am I right?
Gotta run.....or I'll be late for not knowing what we'll be having for dinner tonight, and we wouldn't want that, now would we?
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
The other day, I was over at Megan, of Fried Okra's blog (who by the way happens to be a really awesome blogger, and a topnotch person to boot), when she announced that her 500th post was coming up. I feeling sassy and was all about making fun of her obvious lack of a LIFE, until I came back over here and realized that I only had 4 post to go to be right there with her. SNAP.....now who needs a life? It's ME....It's ME!
Off and on, over the past few months, I have toyed with the idea of a post where I open it up to all of YOU to ask ME all the burning questions that have been keeping you up at night. I'm sure you have some, right? Well, now's your chance.......all you have to do is ask me! Who knows what we'll find out....do I wear boxers or briefs? What are my thoughts on Yo Gabba Gabba? Is my lawn mower electric or gas powered? You ask....and I'll do my best to answer them in a follow-up post or two (depending on the amount of questions, and how...ummm....interesting they are.)
Please help me celebrate this momentous occasion, and leave me a comment with YOUR burning question. Come on...don't leave me hanging here, looking like a girl who doesn't have a life, AND has no friends. Now THAT would be embarrassing!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
I mean seriously....can you hardly stand it?
Friday, January 16, 2009
For a nice change of pace, I actually knew exactly which photos I wanted to post this week, upon reading the theme. Whew....no frantic looking for something suitable, or desperately trying to find the time to get a photo to match. LOVE .IT!
Back in December, Sugar Bear's Cousin, had an amazingly fabulous Birthday Party. It was simply an intimate gathering of four beautiful young ladies, enjoying an afternoon tea. Each participant was given the opportunity to have a special styling session with Miss Amy (the birthday girl's mama). It was such a treat to see their proud faces as they made their way down the hallway into the living room, in their finery. Here is Sugar Bear, and the Birthday girl in their pretty dresses, and HATS!
Sugar doesn't often play dress up, so it was a delight to see her really getting into the process, right along side the other party goers.
Aren't they a fine looking bunch? Such style....such glitz. As for the one in black.....such attitude. Cousin K wasn't feeling it....she wanted to be wearing something one of the other girls had, so it was killing her party mojo....sigh....
...which nearly killed the entire party's mojo....cause a bit of a "sharing lecture" was presented by Miss Amy. You can totally tell they were luvin' it, huh? tee hee
Soon, things perked up, with the announcement of
punch tea and cupcakes crumpets. A quick lesson in how to properly hold their teacups, and they were eagerly practicing. Pinky OUT!
bride birthday girl enjoyed a lovely serenade by the party goers, whom had mustered some of the fading mojo. It was a hearty song of birthday wishes.
And my Sugar.....as a true LADY through it all! She managed to keep her HAT firmly in place the entire time. Including the tense moments following her demonstration of how slippery those darn plastic high heel shoes are on linoleum floors. Her HAT barely moved, but her bottom was bruised. Poor little Sugar!
Thank you for coming by my blog this week! I certainly look forward to browsing around and seeing all your HATS!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Holy Toledo, Folks! I went to bed at 9PM last night! That is about 2-3 hours earlier than I usually do, and 4 hours earlier than I did all last week. As I stumbled into the bathroom this morning, it became painfully obvious the amount of shock this put on my body. My face is horribly puffy, my hair is standing on end, and I feel like my muscles don't remember how to work. I guess 10 hours of sleep is enough to thoroughly MESS.YOU.UP!
I hadn't intended on going to bed so early, but pure exhaustion had taken it's toll, and I fear that I am coming down with my FIRST illness of the winter season. My throat hurts, and I feel a bit like death. One of my first defenses against illness is sleep, so I trudged off to bed in hope of helping my immune system fight this puppy off!
We have a bit of "found time", this morning, as Sugar Bear has her four year Well Child Check today. I am spending it HERE, as Sugar is getting a bit more sleep as well. I'm hoping she isn't getting this cold of mine. She has been so very healthy this year. Cross your fingers for us, if you will.
Since this post is a bit blah, and I don't even have photos to show you, I'll direct you over to Blissfully Domestic, and my newest article in the Photo Bliss Section. At least there, you'll get to see Sugar Bear enjoying a bit of the last days of summer. Those were the days......
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek