Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 19, 2011

Read all about it

Okay....so it has been another year of reading for the old Corey Lady. If you remember, I started reading in earnest back in September of 2009. That first year, I read 56 books, and boy oh boy, was I HOOKED. I couldn't remember why I had quit reading in the first place. You can see a list of all the books I read HERE.

It has been another year, and I managed to read 65 books this time. It has been such a wonderful year of reading. Here is the list in it's entirety, and I'll mention which ones were my favorites at the end.

From 9/14/10 to 9/14/11:

“Hare Today Gone Tomorrow” by Cynthia Baxter

“Something Blue” by Emily Giffin

“Right From the Gecko” by Cynthia Baxter

“Push” by Sapphire

“Baby Proof” by Emily Giffin

“Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen

“Sugar Cookie Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“Bitter is the new Black” by Jen Lancaster

“Who’s Kitten Who?” by Cynthia Baxter

“Love the One you’re With” by Emily Giffin

“The Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom

“Peach Cobbler Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“Rosie Dunne” by Cecelia Ahern

“The Crying Tree” by Naseem Rakha

“Heart of the Matter” by Emily Giffin

“Such a Pretty Fat” by Jen Lancaster

“Monkey See, Monkey Die” by Cynthia Baxter

“Riding Lessons” by Sara Gruen

“Cherry Cheesecake Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“Murder Had a Little Lamb” By Cynthia Baxter

“Siblings without Rivalry” by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish

“Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini

“The Death and the Life of Charlie St. Cloud” by Ben Sherwood

“Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons” by Blaize Clement

“The Shadow of the Wind” by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

“Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal” by Christopher Moore

“Key Lime Pie Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“Room: A Novel” by Emma Donoghue

“Flying Changes” by Sara Gruen

“A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Khaled Hosseini

“Sunday’s At Tiffany’s” By James Patterson

“Candy Cane Murder” By Joanne Fluke

“Crossing the Lion” by Cynthia Baxter

“Ape House” by Sara Gruen

“If You Could See Me Now” by Cecelia Ahern

“The man who ate the 747” by Ben Sherwood

“Practical Demonkeeping: A Comedy of Horrors” by Christopher Moore

“The Wee Free Men” by Terry Pratchett

“Still Missing” by Chevy Stevens

“Coyote Blue” by Christopher Moore

“Slammerkin” By Emma Donoghue

“The Idiot Girl’s Adventure Club” by Laurie Notaro

“The Carrot Cake Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“A Hat Full of Sky” by Terry Pratchett

“Murder Packs a Suitcase” by Cynthia Baxter

“The KenKen Killings” by Parnell Hall

“Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story” by Christopher Moore

“If I Stay” by Gayle Foreman

“Supporting your Socially Vulnerable Child”

“The Book of Tomorrow” by Cecelia Ahern

“Promise Not To tell” by Jennifer McMahon

“Wintersmith” by Terry Pratchett

“Where She Went” by Gayle Forman

“Knit One, Kill Two” by Maggie Shefton

“Island of the Sequined Love Nun” by Christopher Moore

“The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak

“Too Rich Too Dead” by Cynthia Baxter

“Never Knowing” by Chevy Stevens

“Needled to Death” by Maggie Shefton

“An Invisible Sign of my Own” by Aimee Bender

“I Know This Much is True” by Wally Lamb

“A Stolen Life” by Jaycee Dugard

“The Cream Puff Murder” by Joanne Fluke

“The Gift” by Cecelia Ahern

“A Deadly Yarn” by Maggie Sefton


I bolded some of my favorites of the year. While I love to read a good ol' "cozy murder mystery", I really like to sink my teeth into some heavier stuff as often as I can. I don't read non-fiction all that often but, "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard was AMAZING. She is not a professional writer, but her story is so darned unique, and her spirit is beautiful. I have so much admiration for her.

"Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen is easily on of my favorite books of all time. It is a must read.

"The Kitchen House" by Kathleen Grissom was unbelievable as well. I'm so glad I ran across this book.

Now, >“Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal” by Christopher Moore is NOT FOR EVERYONE. I had an open mind while reading it, and in ways....it has made me a better person.

“Room: A Novel” by Emma Donoghue was utterly and totally life changing for me. It made me think in ways I never thought possible. What a trip.

and “Still Missing” by Chevy Stevens was so intense, and when I finished it....I literally yelled out, "GENIUS!" love this book.

I didn't bold the individual books, but the series I'm reading by Terry Pratchett has been such a joy. I start on the 4th and last book tonight, and I have been purposely been putting it off, as I know I'm not ready to be done with these characters. I just love me some Wee Free Men. :)

I am looking sooooooooooo forward to this next year of books. I have over 85 books in my "to read" list....and I'm sure I'll be adding more. There are just too many books....and so little time. My house might be a mess....but I don't regret it one bit. Each book I read, changes me a little, and I love to grow.

2 Live It or Love It:

Jen said...

Wow. That is an impressive list. I go through reading phases. Right now I am reading the Hunger Games and all I want to do is read.

Ελλάδα said...

The Kitchen House was outstanding! The writing was superb and this was a book I couldn't put down. The story is about a young Irish girl named Lavinia who becomes orphaned on a ship heading to the United States. She is taken home by the captain to live with his slaves in the kitchen house as an indentured servant. Under the care of the slaves, she quickly becomes family. The relationships between the slaves and Lavinia is heartwarming as all she wishes is to belong and to have their love. However, the horrors of slavery and the hopelessness of the situation make this book very difficult to read. The atrocities the slaves suffered under the evil hands of their owners was at the same time disgusting and terrifying, particularly upon realizing just how helpless they were.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP