Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Summer Evening at the River....just us girls.

Jul1010_0078ew

No doubt....the BEST time to take pictures in the summer is the hours before sunset.....there is just something so very special about the golden light. Sadly, I rarely get to take advantage of this wonderful light, because I'm a real stickler for routine and bedtime. However, not too long ago, Sugar Bear and I were up visiting my parents at the farm and it was a good 25 degrees warmer than we usually get at home. After a long, sweltering day at a family reunion, Sugar Bear and I headed on down to the river for a quite cool off.

Jul1010_0015ew

While Sugar Bear splashed around in the water, I relaxed on the beach with my book (well, in between taking pics, and keeping a VERY close eye on my girl, that is.)

Jul1010_0018ew

Her recent success at swimming lessons helped give Sugar the confidence she needed to splish splash the evening away.

Jul1010_0021ew

It was just all so very perfect. There was a slight breeze, the water was warm, and the bugs weren't.....well buggin' us!

Jul1010_0044ew

I'm telling you.......it was delightful.

Jul1010_0008ew

and action packed. The library MIGHT be wondering why there is a little bit of sand in the book I just returned.

Jul1010_0024ew

As we made our way back up the creek, so climb the bank to our vehicle, the light coming through the trees was so very serene.

Jul1010_0088ew

I had to get my camera back out of my bag. I didn't want to miss this light.

Jul1010_0085ew

It was incredible. Sugar just happened to stand in the perfect spot to get a dramatic lighting affect.

Jul1010_0107ew

She was breathtaking. I have not done anything to these pictures beyond my normal edits. The contrast is all true to the moment.

Jul1010_0106ew

The glow in her eyes....it was all there.....and made me smile.

Jul1010_0109ew


Gosh....I love this kid. and the golden hour......well, it is well worth missing dinner, and have a late bedtime. What a lovely evening.....just us girls.

8 Live It or Love It:

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous Corey!
I possibly couldn't pick a favourite because all of them are.
Stunning!

Aspiemom said...

Corey, these pictures are just beautiful! WOW! They are incredible!

Maude Lynn said...

What brilliant captures! Sugar has the most lovely eyes.

Autumn said...

Love the last two shots of Miss Sugar. I just announced to my husband that with or without him I am going to retire on a place on the river. Even after all these years, every time I go back I feel like I'm home.

Gayle said...

I would love to walk in that creek! Great photos of Sugar and your time together. I wish I had moments like those. Seems we are always so busy....

Marka said...

Great photographs! I, too, am a fan of splashin' in a crick.

Marcelle said...

Sugar Bears looks like she was having such a fun time...oh to be a child again..no stress or worries!

Christina said...

oooh! that light really is breathtaking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP