Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 6, 2008

Photostory Friday~When I knew...


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



I took this photo the day after I received my DSLR camera. Making the decision to splurge on such a large ticket item was NOT an easy one for me. You see....I have a fear of spending money, and it sometimes can be very disabling. The agony I endured over purchasing something I truly didn't NEED was immeasurable.

This second day of ownership, which interestingly enough will be one year ago on Sunday, I held this treasured piece of technology, and eagerly aimed it at anything and everything. I was in a frenzy of shutter pressing. I was desperate to take this new camera through the paces. I do believe that deep down I was testing it's abilities in a wild attempt to justify my ownership of it.

As soon as I uploaded this particular image onto my computer, I knew......I just knew.....my seemly selfish spenditure was worth it. It was all so very worth it.




Not one day, in the last year, have I regretted taking my photography to the next level. What a blessing it has been in my life. As always.....LIFE IS GOOD!

22 Live It or Love It:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

If this isn't the perfect PSF entry, I'm not sure what is. That shot is powerful for so many reasons.

When I upgraded from my P&S to my SLR I had guilt pains for week. Looking back, it was my best 'material' investment to date.

And, of course, thank you for playing PSF Corey - a very welcomed addition.

Cecily R said...

I'd say you spent that money VERY wisely!! The shot is gorgeous and I echo Mama Geek...you are an extrememly welcomed addition to PSF!!

Upward Falling Autumn said...

Definitely worth it! Goregeous shot!

Irene said...

Oh so gorgeous!!!!! Yes, I know what you mean. I was sick when I actually clicked the little button to buy my camera. Did I do the right thing? Its not like we have lots of extra money sitting around.

But then I took my first pictures....YES....so worth it.

She Rose Up said...

WOW - WOW! Beautiful!

So glad you took the leap! Clearly this was something you are meant to do!

There is something so uplifiting and liberating in any sort of experiential beauty (I don't even know if that is really a word - but hopefull you know what I mean! :)

Great meeting you!

Happy Friday!
Maria

Unknown said...

Stunning photo!! I must agree the DSLR was a fab purchase for you!

Anonymous said...

Lol... well, I think ALL your readers would agree it was well worth it!

I can see why that shot convinced you... it's beautiful!

Maude Lynn said...

I'm sure glad that you splurged. That is a stunning picture!

KATE said...

Love the picture! & I'm glad you went ahead & spent the money, so we could all enjoy your pictures! They are gorgeous!! Great PSF!

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't have any regrets at all... this expense captures rare and precious memories. Good decision.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Corey it was so worth it. You are amazing my friend. :D

holly said...

not getting this camera would have been like not letting beethoven have a piano. i'm sure there's a better example out there but i'm way too tired. this one is the one i'm sticking with.

you are fab. :)

Anonymous said...

I only wish I had felt that guilty about spending so much money on something for me...but alas I am a spender at heart. Although I am makigna valient effort at change! It is quite obvisous that a DSLR is a necessity for someone with your photography talent! That is a pretty darned spectacular photo to have taken on your second day with a new camera! It took me months to get a half decent shot with mine...somedays I still wish I had my old P&S!!

Christina said...

I went through a similar inner debate about buying my DSLR. But since the first time I held it in my hands, I have not regretted that purchase. It was worth it, and so much more. My first few shots were not as impressive as yours, tho!

Jules said...

Oh so beautiful!!!

I quite clearly remember when you purchased this camera, and I am SO glad you did. Your work is so inspirational and gorgeous!

Carolyn said...

YIPEEEEEE! Great post. I SO know what you are talking about. Luckily my DSLR was a hand-me-down, but I certainly relate to the excitment of getting one and taking your photography to the next level. I've been biten by the photography bug too and I'm LIVING AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

Extraordinary photo too. I completely understand why your expenditure felt suddenly justified. Great catch.

raising4boys said...

Money well spent when you take great shots like that. That is calendar material :)

Anonymous said...

Heya there!

Do you remember me ??

Happened to glance at your blog after a not so long break.
And must say, you made a good choice. The photos we get to see now, are amazingly excellent.
One more thing, your daughter is soooo cute & beautiful. Give her hugss from Cuckoo.

Cuckoo

AnnD said...

I hadn't heard of Photostory Friady before. I might just start that. I am not much of a Haiku person so I kind of opted out of the whole "Haiku Friday's." But, I seriously LOOOOOOVE that photo. I also tend to be on the more frugal side but I've told people without hesitation that if you are serious about your photos and are willing to take the time to learn how to use a DSLR, it will be the best money you will ever spend. Mine has paid for itself over and over and over again!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided to take that step -- your photos are really great!

BTW, I have been looking for a Friday photo meme, so I'm glad you participated in this one!! :)

Amy said...

Good call!

Anonymous said...

One stunner of a shot Corey! I've always loved Callas and you've given me yet another reason to :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP