Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Photostory Friday~ 1825 days......in a moment.

It only seemed to take a moment.....and suddenly 1825 days had past. Somehow....someway, FIVE years have slipped through my fingers, and I went from having an empty hole in my heart, to being the luckiest mother, of a 5 year old angel, in the entire world. How I came to deserve this I do not know, but I will be forever grateful. There are simply not enough words to describe this journey I have been on. Sugar Bear is, by leaps and bounds, the best thing that has ever happened to me. No single being has changed me so much in such little time. I am who I am because of her.


Jan1010_0005ew


Back in May of 2009, I went to a local pottery place to spend an afternoon with my co-workers. It was what we call our yearly "Wellness Day." For my project, I chose to make my little Sugar a birthday plate. It was my intention to save it for her next special day, and surprise her with her favorite breakfast on it. Now let me say.....it is a long time between May and January. I have been so excited to finally get the opportunity to use it.


Jan1010_0001ew

Recently, that time came, and boy oh boy was it such a special moment for us both. Sugar was so very surprised, and I was joyous to see the look on her face. She was so complimentary on all the hard work I had put into it, too. She knows how to butter up this Mama, that's for sure. I explained that every single year from here on out, this special plate will hold a birthday meal just for her. How very excited she was. She quickly gobbled up her pancake with strawberries and whipped cream to see the picture on the plate. I neglected to get a photo of the plate without the food on it, but the center has a birthday cake painted on it. I am NOT an artist....this plate took me hours and hours and hours, but in the end....I was pretty pleased with it....
.....and I think Sugar Bear was, too! ♥


Jan1010_0002ew
Happy Birthday my little love bug! May the next 1825 days go alittle more slowly.
Stay tuned for a few (okay, a lot) more photos of her big day.
P. S. Several of this week's shots were taken on her big day, as well. If you see the brown pajamas....then it was taken on her birthday.

21 Live It or Love It:

Jeanette said...

HUGE birthday wishes!! That plate is absolutely gorgeous, you are such a clever mom!

Janet said...

Delightful! Absolutely delightful! Happy Birthday Sugar Bear! Your smile brings so much joy! :)

Autumn said...

What a great idea with the plate. It turned out excellent. Kids sure love traditions, I'm sure Sugar was tickled. I just can't believe she is five. It seems like just yesterday I was looking at that first picture of her and showing everyone I knew the picture of the most perfect baby (ahem besides my own of course) that I had ever seen. :)

bBchronicles said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY, youngin'!!!!!

Deb said...

I feel similarly about Becca's birthday coming up next week - where DID the past 4 years go???!!

What a fun idea for a birthday plate and a cool tradition to be starting with it. Plus I'm totally impressed that you managed to save it for so long. :)

Happy Birthday, Sugar Bear - can't wait to see more pictures from her big day!

Cecily R said...

Now THAT is so cool! I want a special plate too!!!

Happiest Birthday to Sugar Bear!!!

Marcelle said...

My favorite blogging girl turned 5 and I didn't know this!!!!!!!!!
SHE IS THE BEAUTIFULEST 5 YEAR OLD.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGAR BEAR
YOU PUT A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE DAILY, YOU HAVE TOUCHED SO MANY PEOPLE'S LIVES VIA YOUR MOMMY WHO SHARES YOU WITH US ALL SO LOVINGLY.

Beautiful and special plate!!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Happy Birthday to your Precious and Wonderfully fantastic Sugar Bear! I LOVE her Birthday plate. And I love how much you love her.

Heidi said...

Happy Birtday Sugar Bear!
You did a such a great job on that plate! I wouldn't even know where to start on something like that. You are so artistic.
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I may have to do a birthday dish for our family. I just got some coupons for the local paint your own pottery store. Thanks for the inspiration, and Happy Birthday, Sugar!!!

Gayle said...

Great plate...great idea. Olivia would just love something like that. You are such a good mommy.

AnnD said...

I am sure Sugar Bear had a fabulous birthday!

I feel like I've been reading your blog forever and I haven't but even I can see how much older she is getting and how quickly it is happening! She just gets more beautiful and spirited each year!

We both have January girls!

Beth Cotell said...

Happy, happy Birthday to Sugar Bear!!

And great job on the plate. What a sweet tradition you've started!

Kacey said...

She is beautiful! Happy Birthday!

Christina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sugar!! Wow, five years old - a whole hand. She just radiates joy and beauty. The birthday plate is fantastic too- nice job, Corey!

P.S. Why did I think her bday is in March?? My brain is on the fritz.

Kristi said...

Happy birthday to that little sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

I am TOTALLY stealing this idea.

BRILLIANT!

Happy Birthday to her and Happy Birth Day to Sugar Bear.

LOVE

Anonymous said...

That's something very special that she will treasure forever I'm sure. Very nice idea!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cool idea.
Happiness to her for her birthday!
The days, months and years seem to so much faster when you are watching your kids grow.

mrsmouthy said...

Every day I am so blown away at the power and grace and love of the mother-child connection. Then I think of all the billions of people in the world and the trillions of people in the world's past and I wonder how something that is so commonplace and widespread can be so unbelievably profound.

Happy, happy birthday to the Internet's sweetheart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP