Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday~My First Home!



This week Annie ask us to share about our first home!

It makes me sad that I don't have any pictures to share for this week's theme. I know I could have stumbled out of my house today, and quickly snapped a shot of my house...but I didn't. It was icky out. I was in my jammies all day. I have a horrible cold. Thus...no picture. SIGH....

Yes, I am currently living in my first home. This past summer marked 11 years here. I honestly can not believe it has been that long. My doesn't time fly? It seems like only yesterday, I was helping my soon to be hubby look for a home that would suit us. I was the one who spotted it in a local Free Shopper ad. Hubby checked it out, and soon brought me to see it. We both loved it instantly.

Our home is a 1400ish square foot single level stick built home, on a little over 5 acres. We LOVE where our home resides. It was the perfect size for a newly married couple, but as a family of 3 now, I find it a bit small. We make due, and I am not certain we will ever move. I'd love to build on though.

I remember fondly that first year....how I loved bringing my wedding presents into the house and deciding where they all should go. It was a challenge at the time, as hubby's sister lived with us for the first 3 months or so. However, once she moved out...I set about making it our home. I was a stay at home wife, and I found great pleasure in making our home homey, and orderly. I loved to decorate for each holiday, and find special ways to make it ours.

After all these years, we have succeeded in paying our home off. I have to say, that nothing feels better than knowing that we are debt free, and no one can ever take our home. That is freedom. I am sad to say though, that we have not really done any remodeling either. Our house at times SCREAMS 1980. It is my hope that I can convince hubby that it is soon time to start making improvements. I'd love to update so many things. Believe it or not, I have NEVER painted a wall in this house. Hubby only likes white walls, and lets face it....painting white over white just isn't that motivating. sigh....

Regardless of it's retro look, I love our home. There was a brief time 3 years ago when I had to contemplate leaving our home. It was then, that I realized just how attached I have become to this place. I can NOT imagine anyone else living her. It is ours....and I am blessed!

13 Live It or Love It:

Nancy Face said...

We lived in our first home for 11 years, too! We didn't want to move, but gang members moved into our neighborhood, so we left!

I totally agree with you about white walls not being motivating, haha! This was fun to read! :D

I'm sorry you're sick! :(

Anonymous said...

We're also in our first home. It's going to be 3 years on the 15th of this month. We could also use more space. By the way, what City and State are you in?

Anonymous said...

I would so love to have our home paid off. We are working on it, hopefully no more setbacks for us.

Mary Ann said...

I can't believe you have your house paid off so soon. That is great! I loved reading your post. It brought back many memories of when we were married and organizing all of our wedding gifts. Such fun times...

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Do I hear a tone of Dave Ramsey in that voice of yours????

Awesome post!

Anonymous said...

How neat to have lived in the same home all these years! I've missed that our children don't have the "old homestead" to remember and return to. We've moved a few times due to husband's job. But I hope, I trust they'll remember the happy family times wherever we were.

Enjoyed your TTT!

Anonymous said...

Wow! To have a starter home on five acres! How wise to have paid it off and now you can add on and not have to move!
Love your siggy and your header!

KC said...

Sounds perfect. Our 1st home was a 3 bedroom apartment. Our 1st house we bought was a 1400 sq foot ranch, with 3 bedrooms. We bought it when we were a family of 3, Now we are a family of 6 and still living in it, 10 years later.
Great TTT

Maude Lynn said...

5 acres! Oh, how I would love to have 5 acres!

david mcmahon said...

It was meant to be yours. Painting? Gimme a yell - I'll fly over and help you.

Michelle said...

that must be wonderful to know that your home is paid for and you know own it outright! Sounds like you guys have made a beautiful home together and how neat that you're still in your first home 11 years later! One day I'll know that feeling :)

Shawna said...

How awesome to be debt free!! I'm slowly painting the walls in our home. We went with all one color when we first moved in since we had to redo everything so quickly. We are still in our first home, too.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Wow, I agree with Mama Zen, 5 Acres would be amazing.
And you've paid for it.
Hopefully one day that will be us.
:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP