Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 15, 2007

She Moves Me



Tonight I sit here staring at the latest batch of photos I edited. Sad to say they are from late May. Oh my yes.....how horrible behind I am. I find that I jump around editing the pictures that speak to me at the time, but often have to remind myself to go back to the oldest unedited ones and take care of those, or else I will lose interest, and there they will sit. These photos were ones that I was so excited the day I took them, but they sat on my hard drive untouched for months. Soon, I wasn't really in the mood to deal with them, as on a whole, they had so many technical issues, and were very much not what I had hoped for the day I took them. I was using a borrow camera, and was still in the process of learning all the settings. It was a bright sunny day, and the harsh light was a challenge. This leads to photos that certainly document the moment, but on the surface don't really speak to me.



However, underneath the mistakes and the flaws they somehow say a great deal. On this particular day, Sugar was in the mood to go, go, go, and per usual, mama was feeling lazy. In fact, that is pretty typical. Long before Sugar came along, I fell into a fabulously lazy existance. I lived for the weekends, where I could lay in bed all day, and read a good book. Really....truly, I do love the outdoors, but usually I need a big kick in the fanny to take the steps out the door.



It is Sugar that "moves me!" She is the reason I go outside. She is the reason I explore. She is the motivation I need to experience life. If not for her, I would never have walked down our road to spend several minutes admiring the recent addition of a foal in our neighborhood. I would have just driven by, glancing, and keep on moving. I would not have taken the time to really appreciate the beauty of new life.



If not for Sugar Bear, I would not slow down long enough to notice the smallest details. I would walk on by without a second glance, and possibly miss out on something special. In Sugars world, even a beetle bug deserves a moment of her time. There are questions, and answers.....thoughts and feelings to discuss. I would miss out on the insight only the purest heart can share.



Sugar is not afraid to plead her case, and go for what she wants. She beleives wholeheartedly in her opinions, and rarely gives up. Without her influence I would sit back, and let the world pass me by. I would let desires, and wants go unattended to. I would not stand up for myself.



She reminds me that there is always time to sit back and relax....share some love. To smile and laugh, and entertain those around you.



And there are times to let loose, and run....compete.....and find the joy in movement. With out her, I'd surely be laying in bed, sitting at the computer or holed up on the couch watching TV. She teaches me that there is great joy in being active. Everyday should be "racing day", and we ALL win.



Mostly, I stand back and observe this incredible force that is Sugar. It always amazes me how well she blends with nature. Even though she appears so small in a big, big world, somehow she also seems to grab it by the hand and lead it to places beyond my wildest imagination.



Just when I feel she is getting out of reach, she always turns and comes back. Eager to offer me her free hand, and lead me into her journey. It is I that gives her the freedom to explore, but Sugar that gives me the reason to do it.



This Sugar Bear....the force of nature.....SHE MOVES ME! and I am glad.

14 Live It or Love It:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous pictures again today, Corey. I LOVE that one of Sugar Bear reaching for the beetle. That one looks like it should be in a magazine! Isn't it fun to document our children's lives through pictures? :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet.
I, too, love the picture with the beetle!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful sentiments! I too find myself just wanting to six back and relax, and it is my little ones who remind me that I need to get up, get going, and explore the world around me. Your post reminded me of that as well - thank you!

Deb said...

I tend to be lazy as well, when I can - thank you for the wonderful reminder to get up and outdoors with the kids! Beautiful photos as always - you capture things so well... :)

The Egel Nest said...

The beetle pic is my favorite also...I can't believe you are backed up since May! I couldn't wait that long to publish my pics! Maybe that is why yours are SO amazing!


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous said...

Darling photos! I love the Sugar Bear's smile against the big blue sky....down to the precious child's finger trusting the beetle to crawl up it! Amazing photos! Like Julie said, you should be photographing for magazines!!!!

Cynthia said...

You really take amazing photos...in a rush, just wanted to tell you that!

Bradley's Mom said...

Your little girl is just darling, and your photos are fabulous!

Isn't it wonderful to look at life through a child's eyes? Everything is so new and wondrous to them......all the things that grownups take for granted.

Enjoy every moment with her!!

Linda

david mcmahon said...

Been sick (and VERY quiet) for two days - but I'm back!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Again, she is beautiful and so are your photos. FANTASTIC COREY!

Michelle said...

isn't it so true how kids make us stop, slow down, and notice the little things?

Real Life Sarah said...

How positively inspirational! Thanks for the beautiful pictures and the smile on my face!

Rebekah said...

Beautiful pictures. I love her little piggy tails

Julie Arduini said...

What a great pictorial on what your daughter teaches you, and I can relate. There is so much I never would think about that our 4 year old so slowly and lovingly stops for, which of course makes me look too. And then they are off and running again, aren't they? Thanks for a great read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP