Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 11, 2010

The creative side of life



Aug0510_0026ew

"I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel that there
is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." Vincent van Gogh

Aug0510_0021ew
If the above quote is true....then I must be the most artistic person alive. It has been a long time since I've taken time to write about my deep love for being a parent. In truth....I have been far to entangled in the every day doings of being a parent, and not spending enough time appreciating the gift that parenting is.

Aug0510_0007ew
Back in August, I found myself enjoying the sight of my little Sugar Bear being creative. I relish these times. You see, Sugar Bear might be a lot of things....but she is not inherently creative. She is a puzzler....a thinker......a figure it all outer sort of girl. She can read....add and subtract.....ride a bike, and hula hoop like a champ, but....she isn't creative. She struggles with solitary play, and isn't the type to sit down and create. She has never been into coloring, or drawing, and really doesn't enjoy the process of writing. AND all of that is okay, because I know and understand that we all have our own interests and talents. What she loves.....she is good at. The rest....will come with practice...or simply won't play a major role in her life. That's okay.

Aug0510_0017ew
Regardless of all that....I still get a little giddy when Sugar Bear does decide to let a bit of her creative side show. I just don't know what it is about art that gets me all emotional, but it does. Watching her wipe her slate clean in preparation for her newest creation always gets me worked up with anticipation.

Aug0510_0033ew
It's like getting a glimpse into her soul for a little while. I can see and feel who she is. Watching her hands guide the brush......

Aug0510_0043ew
Seeing her brain working with her hands as a team.


Aug0510_0046ew
Looking into her eyes, to catch a small look at where she has been, and where she is going.

Aug0510_0030ew
Sugar Bear is a quiet painter. Other times, she is loud and boisterous. It is as if the silence allows her hands to hear her heart.

Aug0510_0036ew
Sometimes her hands fail her, and I watch as she struggles to deal with the great emotion that causes.

Aug0510_0058ew
Sometimes she needs gentle reminders that she just needs to keep trying.

Aug0510_0035ew
I relish in the moments of concentration.......and determination....

Aug0510_0034ew
To get it just RIGHT!

Aug0510_0060ew
There is nothing as beautiful to me......as my Sugar Bear. It's times like this that give me a peek into the future. I begin to see who she is becoming.

Aug0510_0068ew
There are times when I just wish I could nestle myself in Sugar Bear's mind, and soak up all that is her. Make my home her being. Life is good in there....life is pure, and sweet.

Aug0510_0064ew

In recent months, I haven't taken the time to admire all that she is. That is a mistake. She deserves admiration.....devotion......unconditional awe.

Aug0510_0053ew
Sugar Bear, you are: Smart, Funny, Stupendous, and Real!

Aug0510_0052ew
You are: Amazing, Kind, Tender, and True.

Aug0510_0050ew
You are: Boisterous, Energetic, Devoted, and Attached.

Aug0510_0049ew
You bring out the best in ME. All that makes me creative is inspired by YOU. You are my creative side. Thoughts of you send my mind to wandering through all that is right with the world.

Aug0510_0048ew

Your laughter is the blood that runs through my veins. You give me life.....and.......LIFE IS GOOD!

7 Live It or Love It:

Autumn said...

Sweet post Corey. Sometimes it is hard to remember to appreciate the moment. These times are so fleeting! Your description of Sugar reminded me of a questionnaire that Bugs teacher sent home. The questions were about your child's personality, strengths and weaknesses. I found myself fighting to stay in the spaces allowed! It made me truly think about who he is as a person and it was a great exercise in appreciation. :)

April said...

I love your post :)! It is so lovely to set out to remember all the yummy detail that make our children amazing!

Aspiemom said...

I love that last picture!

Jen said...

Beautiful post Corey. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy being a parent.

Cynthia said...

Look how BIG Sugar Bear is! Can you believe our kiddos are growing up?

Christina said...

This is a beatiful post! I love your worrds, you girl, and her art. I love how present you are. Good stuff.

DJ said...

Aww, that's such a lovely post and one I can wholly empathise with! It's all too easy to see the differences between our children and ourselves as failures or weaknesses - better to understand that we all have our own talents and ways of interpreting life, and to appreciate the moments where we connect through a common ground rather than bemoaning the times we don't! Your love for your Sugar Bear is tangible as I hope mine for my two stinkers is!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP