Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sometimes you just need to be brought back to what's important

Some of you might know that back in July started a series on Child Sex Offenders. I wrote several articles on it, to mixed reactions, and then I just needed a break. I've been wanting to get started on them again, but have felt that I haven't had the time to devote to the posts. Such posts take a lot of time, and even more emotional energy. This information is never far from my thoughts, but I just couldn't find the stimulus to get moving on it again. TODAY, I got that motivation.

I don't watch daytime TV, so it was news to me that Oprah had a very special episode on. While perusing the Internet, I ran into a friend that pointed her readers to the video of a very important Oprah interview. I am THRILLED to see this subject getting such national/Global publicity, and I simply can't put this subject on the back burner again.

If anyone learns ONE single thing from these posts, I will have done something good. So this is the post to announce that I will be continuing with this series, and I will not stop until I'm done, even if it gets hard, I'll persevere.

If you have not read my previous posts, or would like a reminder of what has been already discussed, I'd like to invite you to read them.

Protecting the children

Defining Sexual Abuse

Defining Sexual Abuse continued

Who is the Typical Child Molester?

What Goes Wrong?


Please take the time to watch the OPRAH interview. Cory Jewell Jensen, the amazing woman whom I have received training from, spoke on the Oprah show years ago, and while this most recent interview is not related to Cory Jewell Jensen, nothing on the video is news to me. What is shown is right on track with what I have learned, and what I want to share with you all. The videos are long, but so worth it. It will be hard to watch, and for some of you, impossible as you have been touched by this horrendous problem, but as many of you that can.....please don't click away. Please watch and learn. Please protect the children.

2 Live It or Love It:

Autumn said...

Thank you Core, as much as watching Oprah yesterday made me want to vomit. I knew it was important. We can't shove our heads in the sand, we must talk about this and protect as many children as we can. (((hugs))) to you for blogging about it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Corey - I am so grateful you posted this- and I read it.

Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP