Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tell Me Thrusday~ She is always thinking

Yesterday, I posted photos of my Sugar Bear striking a pose. That day....she certainly decided to work the camera. THIS is totally unlike her. It was a fleeting moment, that hasn't repeated itself since.

I had just arrived to pick her up from Daycare, and we were heading out to our truck. She wanted to stop and look at some flowers. I happen to have my camera in my truck, and I can never pass up a photo opportunity. I thought I might get a few shots of her with some pretty azaleas. She had different plans. As soon as I whipped out my camera, she lit up, and began to show me her best pose. I snapped away, as my mind raced wondering where she had learned such behavior.

Soon, I put the camera down, and asked, "Sugar, where did you learn that?" She didn't answer me right away. In fact I had to repeat the question about 4 times. Finally she blurted out,
"Franklin!" Perplexed, I questioned, "Franklin???? you learned that from Franklin?" She began to giggle, and replied with a quick, "YUP!", and went back to playing on the stairs.

I stood there for a minute, with my mind whirling through the episodes of Franklin that I have sored in there, and not one gave me a single inkling of such posing. I finally shook my head of it, and called out for Sugar to come get in the truck. I lifted my camera as she peeked around the corner, and got the type of shot, I had originally been expecting.


Apr0909_0011ew

That day became a distant memory, and Sugar never posed like that again when my camera was on her. Then one day, as we were playing in the living room, with the TV on (bad mommy), a The Suite Life of Zack and Cody episode came on. We were not actually watching it, but it was there, and caught our attention every now and again. All of a sudden, Sugar Bear pointed to a character and said, "See....there is London! She poses like THIS (as she jumped up and posed) for the cameras." And......the light bulb went off in my head. "Sugar Bear...is THAT were you learned to pose for the camera?" She hung her head a bit, and said, "Yes Mama! I know I said Franklin, but I meant....London!" I simply said, "Oh Okay!" and we went about our play.

The interesting thing about all it this to me, is that fact that Sugar Bear is not the type to fib. I have wrestled back and forth what happened here. There are two possibilities:

1. Her little brain meant to say "London" but "Franklin" came out. I mean those words do have some similarities.

or

2. Sugar Bear has my number. She knew that I was surprised by the posing, and clued into the fact that I thought it wasn't exactly age appropriate, and was worried to tell me where she learned it. She knows that Zack and Cody isn't my preferred TV watching for her, and could easily figure out that if I didn't like what she was doing...I might not let her watch it anymore.

I personally believe this last scenario is the correct one. She is a smart cookie, and I am often changing the channel or turning the TV off when the "older" shows come on. She asks me why, and I tell her that they are for older kids. She sometimes sees it anyhow, if I am being spacey or if she is at grandma and grandpa's house. Sugar Bear gets me. She knows me all too well, and I do think she was worried to tell me where she learned it. I'm not sure how I feel about all this. I do not want her to feel like she can't tell me things, even if she thinks I be upset (which in this case, I wasn't). It is my hope that because I didn't over react in this situation, she will take this experience and conclude that she can tell me the truth. Who knows....but it certainly has given this mama something to think about.

7 Live It or Love It:

mrsmouthy said...

...and it also gave Mama something to blog about! The fact that you're aware of how your interactions may affect Sugar Bear in the long run is all you need. I'm sure you'll always be close!

Aspiemom said...

Either way, she's great at posing and is very photogenic. Great picture!

Christina said...

I find myself asking Nadia "where did you learn that??" so often! It's amazing what their little brains soak up. According to her, she learns everything "at school." :o)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I totally get this. Sugar Bear sure know hows to make every picture priceless with that smile.

Tanya said...

That picture is brilliant!! She is so gorgeous!

Deb said...

I have the 'where did you see that?' question come out of my mouth a lot - and lately the answer's usually school. We do limit the 'older kid' tv, but I'm finding that hanging out with kids who are watching those shows doesn't really help. Sugar's definitely a smart cookie for sure - and I love the 'peeking' photo! :)

Anonymous said...

I think the calm reaction is DEFINITELY the way to go. If she gets a huge reaction, she'll be less likely to share in the future.

They do definitely figure out how to work situations though. The Bean has recently figured out that things work a little different when she's sick. We've had a couple of incidents of saying "I'm sick" when she's obviously not. I'm sure it will get harder to tell for sure as she gets older.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP