Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Camera Critters~ Tiny Reflections



Camera Critters


For Sugar Bear's 3rd birthday, her daddy bought her a pony. Well, actually a miniature horse, but she likes to call Tiny her pony, so we go with that. If you click through to the link, you'll see that Tiny was sporting a heavy winter coat when we got her. She was pretty shaggy.

June2908_0003ew

It was fun to see her transformation happen in the late spring/early summer. She shed a mountain of hair, and is now a very sleek little honey. Looking back at the first pictures of her, I can hardly recognize her.

June2908_0005ew

Since owning a horse was Hubby's idea, nearly all the responsibilities for caring for her is HIS job. He is a BIG animal lover, so he takes to this chore quite easily. The other day he had her tethered to walnut tree in our front yard and was cleaning and filing her hooves. I was a gorgeous day, and I could resist taking a quick snap of her.

July1808_0147ew

I am always wanting to "get closer" with my photos, so I zoomed in a bit more, and from a different angle.

July1808_0158ew

Then I wanted a shot of her lashes. I couldn't help but notice how they grow downward to protect her eye.

July1808_0152ew

While I was at it, I decided to get a different angle on the eyelashes because.....ummmm.....well, I'm just weird like that, I guess.

July1808_0171ew

I then noticed a little something....and had to do THAT again!!!!

July1808_0155ew

If you look at the last two photos closely, you'll see the reflection of our yard. Mostly Hubby standing there in the grass, and our picnic table. How cool is that?

Thanks for coming by my blog this week. Have a super great Sunday!

35 Live It or Love It:

Gemma Wiseman said...

O these pics are like meandering through a fairytale! I so love them!

I think my favourite is the one in the field of white flowers! That is super magical!

Have a wonderful weekend!

bobbie said...

Tiny is just gorgeous! And your photos are really wonderful. Can't even choose a favorite.

Anonymous said...

lovely photos.

i beati said...

Lucky Sugar Bear, Lucky Pony Isn't it pretty name ?? sandy

i beati said...

oh I see he;s Tiny !!We need to see lots of this guy !! sandy

Aunt Julie said...

My SIL, Aunt Julie, had a horse when she was growing up. We didn't have room, since we lived in the suburbs. Again, I have to compliment you on your artistry! And I'm glad we were able to clear up some of your confusion about our family! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I always love your photos! :D Cute phony:)

Anonymous said...

It never fails to impress me how you are able to get shots within shots!

She's a beautiful horse!

Teena in Toronto said...

What a gorgeous animal!

I played too :)

Michele said...

Very pretty... gorgeous pony... wonderful work of the camera!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the shots of her eyes :-)

Maude Lynn said...

She's so beautiful! I want one!

Autumn said...

Oh Tiny is so cute. She's filled out a lot since you got her. I love the eye shots, there is something about a horses eyes....

Cathy said...

These pics are awesome. I like the on of his eye.. looks like he has eye liner on. Thanks for visiting my site.

ratmammy said...

very lovely photos

Forgetfulone said...

What a lucky gal! A miniature horse! Doesn't every girl want a "pony?" She's beautiful, too. I love your photography.

Unknown said...

What great pictures!I love them all.

Anonymous said...

Tiny is beautiful! I can just imagine how much Sugar loves her. The Bean asks for a pony every time she wears her cowboy hat. What's funny is that that is the only time she asks for a pony. She's a silly Bean.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Lovely montage, and those fimal closeup are spectactular.

Christina said...

I didn't know you have a pony! Wow, what a story behind Tiny. LOL. She is a beauty, though, and looks like she's become a beloved member of the family. :o) Your pictures are gorgeous, love the focus on her eyes.

Cath said...

That's cool! I love how you experiment. Great shots. Beautiful critter.

Michele said...

Hi Corey,
You asked the camera I used... nothing fancy... a Canon Digital Rebel XT and the majority of the time the 50mm f1.8 II lens(coz it's cheap but it works like a charm!) and occasionally my other camera-- the Canon point and shoot- PowerShot Sx100 only when I haven't access to my Rebel. I'm dreaming of a Macro lens for my Rebel but I don't think that will ever happen in my lifetime! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh Corey, this is a touching set! I just love them all.

Kat said...

I want a pony for my birthday too!!! That is fabulous. And what a beautiful pony. Awww!!!

Gorgeous photos!

Thank you for stopping at my blog and commenting. I appreciate it!

david mcmahon said...

I was going to say the fourth shot was my favourite, Corey - then I saw the sixth shot!

Great angle. Great photo.

CMB said...

WOW! Those are some gorgeous photos. That is so cool that your daughter has a horse! We just could not do that where we live. Such an awsome experience for her.

Rachel said...

I need to send my sister over here; she would LOVE your horse pics.

Thanks for stopping by the other day. :)

Laura said...

That is SUPER cool!! What a pretty pony!

Killlashandra said...

Those are wonderful pictures! She is a very lucky girl to get a mini from her Dad. My husband keeps looking for horses for his daughter too. Must be something about that one.

The reflection in the eyes is wonderful. Really great close up.

holly said...

this is fantastic, and you MUST promise to take a photo of this horse's eye whever a crime is being committed, because then csi can use the photo (by *enhancing* it) to get the identity of the killer. niiiiice.

Anonymous said...

Sugar is one lucky kiddo -- a pony for her birthday? Wow!! Such a cute pony too, and those reflection shots are fabulous :)

Akelamalu said...

Oh she's a beauty!

Congrats on Post of the Day at Authorblog. :)

Anonymous said...

You have captured her so beautifully. Given her the grace she so deserves.

Crystal Jigsaw

Jo Beaufoix said...

She is so beautiful and your pics really give the essence of her. Looks like hubby is doing a great job.

Misty DawnS said...

Hi Corey! Sorry I'm late. Tiny is beautiful and adorable all rolled in to one!

I enjoyed your eye shots and your commentary of them, because... well, because I'm weird just like you. My dogs are always like "Moooom get that thing outta my eyeball!" hehe Yeah, I love the eye-reflections too ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP