Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Photostory Friday~ This girl is Fierce...and Fun!


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


A few months ago....my girl asked me if she could be a cheetah for Halloween. Being the crazy mama I am I said, "Sure.....I'll make a costume for you!" And the planning began with a trip to the fabric store. I found the perfect fabric, and then just wandered around aimlessly hoping for inspiration. Soon I had a few ideas....and away I went with supplies in hand. In the end it was a snap to make. I didn't use a pattern. I just winged it. wang it...wung it! (whatever) :)

The spirit of a cheetah really does fit my girl, at. She can be a real go getter. She is sassy, and fun. However, a lot of the time she is shy, and sits back observing from afar. She takes it all in, and makes sense of it all before jumping in. Oh, and she is really proud of how fast she can run. :)

The other day, when I finally completed all the pieces of her costume, she took a moment to try it on. She looked so cute, I couldn't help but snap a few photos. At first...she was holding back...


Oct2409_0040ew

and a bit sassy, a bit feisty, a bit like a teenager (eekkkk)...

Oct2409_0034ew



Oct2409_0031ew


Oct2409_0032ew

And then....she just broke down, and remembered that she is a delightful four year old girl, and it got better and better.



Oct2409_0018ew


Oct2409_0043ew

Oct2409_0030ew

Oct2409_0036ew

Oct2409_0037ew


Oct2409_0016ew

Oct2409_0024ew

All those fun and games can mess up even the most serious of cheetah's outfit, and a girl has to take the time to adjust. I was surprised to see that not only did the costume get an adjustment.....

Oct2409_0014ew

the attitude did too, and suddenly....she was one FIERCE Cheetah!


Oct2409_0013ew

She has it all. The fun...the sass....the frill....the thrill. I am one lucky mama!

21 Live It or Love It:

Michelle said...

That is one fierce little cheetah and costume!

Your shots are pretty fierce too! I take pretty good pictures, but my Halloween pictures usually suck because they are always rushed and usually in the dark. :)

Happy PSF!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

You did a great job! Such a talented mamma you are. She's adorable of course and I see every bit of those things in her. Happy Halloween!

Chris said...

You ARE one lucky mom, who is going to have her hands full (as if you don't already).

Man, she's one adorable kid -- I love that costume. In fact I'm shielding my daughters from seeing it because there's no way it would get replicated out here.

Fantastic pictures...you still need to tell me how you do it one of these days :)

Angela said...

Awesome costume! Love the tail :) And her blue eyes go with it perfectly. Sassiness is quite a problem at our house too!

Gayle said...

Absolutely adorable. You did such a great job on the costume. I'm feeling horrible. With the flu and 700 miles to watch basketball, etc. I just started Emily's costume yesterday. I only have to hem in the morning, but there is no time to make Olivia one and the little doll kept asking me where her's was. I'm glad your 4-year old has a smile on because mine is really bumming right now. I'll think of something. Have fun.

Saz said...

the depth of these images, you must have some kind of demon digital SLR Corey!!

Marcelle said...

I want to eat her she is too cute for words.
That first shot reminds me of me trying to photograph my 4 year old granddaugher...these weird poses came from no where, I had to laugh...even her finger got attitude.
Love the outfit you made for sugar bear, she sure knows what she likes that little one...
She once again warmed my heart so today and put a huge smile of my face...
I will continue my day and whenever I feel down remember that face that got me to smile.

Misty DawnS said...

Yes, you ARE a very lucky Mama! She is absolutely awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!

Autumn said...

Cute! Looks like Sugar loves it too. Hope it doesn't rain to hard for Halloween... Bug is adamant rain or shine we are going! I'm thinking maybe the carnival at the school is a better choice!

Killlashandra said...

She is an adorable cheetah! I love the tulle skirt too. You did a wonderful job.

Killara girl said...

Wow your pics are gorgeous as your little girl. I can't help but mention that 2nd shot would be perfect at the top of the page. So cute.

kayerj said...

that's the most adorable cheetah I've ever seen. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

AnnD said...

I love the costume and I love the pics! Sugar Bear is adorable and your pics are always fabulous! I wish Emma would pose for me like that!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Great pictures! She is adorable!

Unknown said...

WOW!! How adorable!!!! How sweet to see her personality switch from feisty to sweet and back again! too cute!

We had some leopard print going on in our costumes this year, too...just posted pics earlier today! Thanks for stopping by Friday!

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh my goodness, Corey!! That is so cute! LOVE IT! Save it for my girl next year ;)

I think it's awesome that you made it too, and look how long her hair is!!

Jeanette said...

That is such a gorgeous outfit!

Christina said...

I'm trying to think of an appropriate comment..."I love it all" is true, but that just seems too weak. You and SugarBear both ROCKED it, mama!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh my favorite is the one of her with her hair in her mouth!
Looks like you have fun with your little cheetah shoot!

cat said...

Oh wow, these are stunning! (Not only the photos, also the costume)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP