Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 18, 2008

Food For Thought

So.....do you ever get wind of something....and out of pure laziness, just try to ignore it and hope that it doesn't apply to you or your life? NO? Well, Drat! Guess I'm the only one then.....sigh.....

For quite some time I have been hearing bits and pieces about BPA, and had chose to NOT educate myself on it. Yes......pretty ignorant, huh? Sometimes I annoy myself. I figured....we don't use baby bottles, so why should I give this any attention? I'm a busy woman! UGH...since when am I too busy to care about the health of those I love?

Recently, through Carolyn, I headed over to read an interesting post regarding BPA, and of course it has inspired me to make the time to learn more. Part of this process for me, is to share with you my inspiration, and hope to inspire you to educate yourself as well. Be sure to click through to his early post on BPA, as well. Carolyn's post is fantastic as well.

Hopefully, this will encourage me to follow through, and share my discoveries with you.

8 Live It or Love It:

AnnD said...

Thank you for posting this. My mom was telling me something about it, I think she had seen it on the Today Show or something (that's where she gets MOST of her information hehe) but I needed to see what #'s were bad! Thanks!

Maude Lynn said...

I saw something about this on the news a few nights ago. They seemed confused about the whole thing.

Carolyn said...

Buzz inspired me and I'm glad I could inspire you.

I agree with Mama Zen, there is currently a lot of confusing and conflicting information on this topic, but I am confident that time will show that we are better off avoiding plastics. My gut instinct tells me they are unstable and unhealthy for our bodies.

Good luck with the learning and I look forward to hearing about your discoveries!

holly said...

oh wow. i normally don't click through on these things at this time of night. but wow. holy wow. thanks for this. i will adjust accordingly. and get myself a time machine to go back in time and get rid of all the baby bottles. crud!

Anonymous said...

I too have been trying to ignore the tide of info about BPA...telling myself it's ok because I don't heat Nate's baby bottles, but I've finally decided that I can't put something like this off any longer and I've switched to glass bottles for Nate (the rare times he gets a bottle) and I've also switched to stainless steel water bottles for me and a stainless sippy cup for Nate.

Glad you're looking into this too!

Cynthia said...

This is just so frustrating. It really is hard to find water bottles for the kiddos that don't contain this. I know of the clean canteen (I don't know if I spelled that right) but they cost $20 each. Let us know if you find other options:)

Jo Beaufoix said...

Blimey, this is scary. It's a bit late for me, but I'll be passing it on.

CMB said...

Oh crap! I use Avent bottles for Ava!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP