Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Introducing.....Sugar Bear Snaps



I have been holding back.....squashing creativity......keeping greatness from the world....and all for a VERY selfish reason. Yes.....Yes, it's true. I have been selfish....only thinking of myself, and it is high time that I fess up.



There is a certain someone named Sugar Bear, who has followed me around from time to time with her VERY fake camera taking photo after photo in true "mama's girl" fashion. She has studied my technique, and perfected my stance. She notices fabulous photo opportunities, and points them out to me often. She has hauled my tripod around the house "pretending" to take endless portraits of everything she sees. There is a seriousness to her play.



Around Christmas, I toyed with the idea of getting her one of those Fisher Price indestructible digital cameras, but my cheapitus acted up, and I came up with at least 356 reasons NOT to buy it. It is spendy....it takes low quality photos...etc. However, the most compelling reason holding me back from giving my daughter something that would make her heart sing.......is my own desire to have photos of HER.....not photos of her taking photos of ME. I had great fear that as soon as my precious girl got a hold of a camera, I would no longer have the opportunity to take photos of her doing countless cute things, as she would immediately want to be just like me, and go running for her own camera. Sigh.....can you imagine the HORROR?



Recently, not ONE, but TWO of my favorite bloggers put a digital camera in the hand of their preschoolers, and posted the results. Being the "over thinker" that I am, I took this as a sign. I should release my fear, and just do it already. So, this week I took the plunge and handed my old 4 Mega Pixel Fugi Finepix A340 over to Miss Sugar Bear. She was ECSTATIC, to say the least. There was a small learning curve, but she is getting it. Her biggest challenge is remembering to hold it steady and wait for the REAL flash to go off. She is often fooled by the red-eye mini flash.



I am honored to share with you, in her blogging debut, Sugar Bear Snaps!!! These are just a few of her fabulous photos. I really think she has an eye for it, don't you?

"My Dog's Bottom"




"My New Bunny" (don't ask....mama doesn't want to talk about it)



This is me taking a picture of our truck.



"My Ride"



"Heavenly Hanging Basket"



"Twisted" (to see mama's version go here)



"Bath Time"



"An Extension of Green"



"Mama In The Window"



"Rocks, sand, and Plastic Goodies"


"Fuzzy Blue Mama"



Stay tuned for MORE to come. I have a feeling....I've started something. LIFE IS GOOD!

41 Live It or Love It:

Carolyn said...

Wow!!! Awesome. I'm so proud of you for handing over the reigns. It looks like Sugar Bear had an amazing time AND she took some amazing photos. I'm so impressed! Csilla still hasn't got the hang of the steady squeeze, so all of her photos end up on a rakish angle. She also moves on too quickly before the shot actually snaps. Hopefully when we get outside in some real light the flash will be unnecessary and the camera will snap quicker.

Anyway, I'm so glad you've shared your passion for photography with Sugar Bear. Instead of worrying about never getting another good shot of her, think about how you've gained a new partner in crime!

Thanks for sharing!! (And for the link.)

Jo Beaufoix said...

Corey those are so cute. She really did well. I especially like the dogs bottom, hee hee. Seriousy though, it is very clear and makes his/her coat look wonderful. And the bunny? You know I want to now more. Well done sugar.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, conquering your fear! That forth shot... the look says it all. You can see it in her eye... you have competition!

I've been contemplating giving my 2 1/2 yo nephew my old sony 3.2, I don't think he's quite ready. He likes to point it in his face and flash into his eyes. Soon, though.

I can see Sugar Bear has some natural talent. Some exceptional shots there. Mama In The Window is sure to be a favorite!

Michele said...

Well, like mom like daughter. It is inevitable that she was going to pick that camera curiosity up and she did well. The dog's bottom had me laughing... to this day, I still have shots like that on MY camera that I have NO IDEA HOW THEY GOT THERE!!!

I can't wait to see more of her work... perhaps she will need a blog of her own soon... LOL

Michele

Anonymous said...

Great photos! And what a great way to encourage her creativity!

AnnD said...

I. LOVE. IT. She definitely has your eye for composition!! Fabulous photos and kudos go to Sugar this week! I can't wait until Em is old enough to hand a camera to!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sugar does really have an eye for photography, just like her Mama. I love the picture of the hanging basket and the bunny (even if you don't want to talk about it). She's got an amazing teacher and I can't wait to see more Sugar Bear Snaps photos.

Autumn said...

LOL at the dogs bottom. So cute! You did ok with not getting the fisher price camera. Bug quickly grew out of his, he is constantly asking to use my camera.. eeeek. I think he needs an upgrade.
Oh.. and would you please stop getting pets! Bug now wants, a pony, hermit crabs AND a bunny!
ACK!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I am jealous! Sugar takes better pictures than I do!! Great job, Sugar...and great job, Mama for letting her spread her wings!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I find the pictures my four year old takes so interesting. Almost every picture has some blur, which is fitting since she is in constant motion.

Unknown said...

Very good pics! The bunny one especially!
She must be thrilled, I know Bradley would be

Lindy said...

love the pics- sugar bear did a fantastic job!

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh!!! What an AWESOME post! She definitely has talent at a very young age! A few of those photos had me exclaiming "No way! That is GREAT!" This is a truly spectacular post. And, as always, she is SO beautiful.

By the way, if you are interested, my new Sunday meme, which is all about animal/critter photos is premiering this weekend at Camera-Critters. And, of course, photos of Sugar Bear WITH critters would be MORE than welcomed ;-)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Miss Sugar Bear!! You obviously got your Mama's talent for photography!!

And a pat on the back for brave Mama putting a camera in such little hands!! You'll have a pro on your hands before you know it :-) She is really quite good!

Jennifer Powell said...

Wow, Sugar has skills! Thanks for sharing.

John-Michael said...

To share in this "blossoming" is a treat and a distinct honor. You have just blessed me ... BIG TIME!

Your mutual adoration of each other is so vibrant and alive that I could hardly wait to scroll to the next frame. And the expression on your face through the window!!! Having such a gift in their life would set any child's life-path in the direction of happy fulfillment.

I love You!

Anonymous said...

It looks like she had a blast, and she did a great job. I particularly like the dog's rear.

Megan Cobb said...

Oh you DID start something! My advice is to go out and buy atleast one extra memory card for that camera - a BIG one. You wouldn't believe the number of times I have to download Bean's photos and/or delete some off her card so she can get back to snapping away. It's as addictive for them as it is for us, Mama. ;) Her photos are lovely - isn't it a hoot to literally see the world through their eyes?

Cath said...

Wow that is wonderful! I think she has inherited / learned some of Momma's talent! That bathtime is my favourite - captured beautifully.

And still the pictures of "my stuff" as all children do. But she is composing shots - thinking about it - there's talent there girl. Like you!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Those ROCK! Move over Ansel Adams, here comes Super cute Sugar Bear!

Mary Ann said...

I LOVE it!!!! I am excited to see more. I love Heavenly Hanging Basket...So artistic!!

Heidi said...

Wonderful post, Corey! I love this! Sugar Bear Snaps! Snap!

Cynthia said...

OMG...Go Sugar Bear! That does it, I'm getting Miss Peach her own camera tom:)

tommie said...

OH, I feel honored to have 'pushed you over the edge' to put a camera in Sugar Bear's hands. It is amazing to see the results these kids put in the camera. They have seen us pick and pose and shoot for so long, they do have a clue as to what we are doing.

This makes me wonder HOW many shots are on Will's camera??? I will post a new "taken by a 4 year old" this week.

Julie said...

"My Dog's Bottom" = hilarious!

Ahhh . . . the start of a great new hobby for Sugar! Hurrah!

Donetta said...

This is really cool! My dove has a bunch I have yet to down load. Makes me wonder what she has on hers now.

Burgh Baby said...

That girl has most definitely been paying attention. She took some great shots!

we are reilly said...

LOVE it! Wow -- you MUST keep updating with her photos -- uh oh, I see a blog in Sugar's future... :)

Gen said...

Those are GREAT photos! Looks like she's got her mama's eye.

:) said...

You have some serious competition! I love Mama in the window. Please post more of her creations. Also can you post what kind of software you use to edit and frame the photos. I love the name "Sugar Bear Snaps."

holly said...

i LOVE that your daughter took a picture of a dog butt. LONG LIVE SUGAR BEAR!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, ANOTHER animal? You need to find that man a hobby, one that takes up many daylight hours!

Way to go Sugar, though. She did a great job. And I just love seeing things through their eyes.

Joeprah said...

I can't tell you how heart warming this is. I loved every part of this post. Faved it in my reader, will revisit it again. So awesome. Its like a peak into their world.

Michelle said...

I love the title "Sugar Bear Snaps" and you should definitely make this a regular feature! how fun to see things through her eyes!

Deb said...

It looks like the photographic talent runs in the family! :) It's so cute that she wants to be just like Mama.

That reminds me, now that Abby and Hannah both have their own cameras, that I should remember to download and post some of their photos too. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her pictures! They are so good!! Better than many adults!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Kids have the GREATEST perspective! Definitly a shutterbug in the works!

Anonymous said...

That's so great! I can't wait to hand off my camera to my little one without hoping she won't break it! :) I love that Sugar Bear has her own logo/watermark and everything too!

Leslie said...

What a very good thing! This is a "hobby" she can enjoy her entire life. And we're never sorry to have too many photos of the things that are important to us.

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots! You go girl! I never say no to my boys when they want to use my camera to photograph something! I love getting their perspective on the world. Thanks for sharing on Shutter Sisters

Anonymous said...

Loved reading this and seeing the pics. Good things happen when we are brave. Thanks for sharing at Shutter Sisters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP