Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Photo Hunters~ Skinny

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have to say, that I found this theme to be rather difficult. I just about gave up on participating last night, when I stumbled across a set of photos I took last summer, that I hadn't edited yet. This particular occasion, I had noticed a SKINNY little Gardener Snake in my flower bed. Even though, as a child I had no fear of snakes and up until I was about 10 I would catch them, I have developed an adversion to them. Being that one of my goals as a parent is to NOT transfer my own fears onto my child, I hurriedly asked hubby to catch the snake, and put it in a bucket so that Sugar and I could admire it.



Sugar got a real kick out of it, but she was more than happy to let her "baby snake" go back home to it's mommy after we were done looking at it.

Have a great Weekend everyone! Thanks for coming by my blog this week. I look forward to seeing all the SKINNY pictures you have shared.

47 Live It or Love It:

Anonymous said...

hair rising! im afraid of snake.

good pick for the theme

Melli said...

Ew! It IS skinny! I'd be happy to let it go back to mommy too! As long as mommy is far FAR away!

Ashley said...

I'm not a huge fan of snakes...but I like spiders even worse! bleh!

Carver said...

That is a skinny snake. Good shot and great for the theme.

jams o donnell said...

Great shot. It is a beautiful creature. Happy weekend

Autumn said...

Good shot Corey! Great one for the theme, I'm still trying to figure out if I have anything for this week... I'm totally stumped.

Anna said...

Nice skinny picture. .that look scary ....thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend...Mine is up too:
Every Beat Of My Heart

Rajson said...

I hate snakes!
Have a nice weekend!

holly said...

this is as close as i like to get to a snake. cool pic. :)

Tammie said...

Not a fan of the snakes, but I do like that shot.

Randi said...

Nice shot! I wouldn’t want to see it on my table!

david mcmahon said...

What a great shot, Corey. The blue of the bucket is great, as well as the ridges on the bottom of the plastic. The composition really draws me in to the photograph, too.

ellen b. said...

yikes a snake! Good idea for skinny.

Anonymous said...

As a kid, I always played with gartersnakes,... but wasn't until I was in my 20's the fear set in when I picked one up and it bit me. lol. Ouch! Great photo and have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Really...I'm impressed! I would have smooshed it's little skinny head with a big ol' shovel if I were to come across him! lol! I am sooooo afraid of snakes! lol! The color contrast is great though...

jennwa said...

Great idea for the theme. I am not a big snake lover either.

Maude Lynn said...

Brave Mama!

Cynthia said...

Oh, excellent choice...I would have been runnin' in the other direction...

Sarge Charlie said...

I do not like snakes

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

Um yucky, but skinny! Nice picture :D

denz said...

woohooo!!! that's what I'm talking about, that is really a skinny one!!! nice post for this week theme, keep it up...

check mine:
photohunt-1
photohunt-2
Happy Weekend!!!

eastcoastlife said...

eeeek... snake! I'm afraid of snakes. You are so brave.

Natalie said...

Snakes give me the creeps! eek!

HartofDixie said...

I hate snakes.
It's skinny indeed!
Happy hunting!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

*GULPZ* Snakes always send those chills down my spine...It's not a Weekend;It's a Lifestyle

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I haaaaaaaaate snakes, but that is one cool picture and a very nice take on skinny.

ipanema said...

ah, good tha it's skinny. i'm afraid of huge ones! :)

happy weekend!:)

Lynn said...

Looks slippery too. Nicely photographed if I may say so.

Lindy said...

Great picture - love the smooth rippled texture of the bucket behind the snake!

Mixednuts said...

This is a nice picture but I too am scared of snakes.

info@thebabymarketplace.com said...

Neat picture, I think I'd be scared if I ran into a snake in the wild. Yikes!

MK

CHIKAI ♥ said...

i'm scared of snakes but i've already tried holding one with my bare hands in a local zoo we have here. ;) thanks for sharing and for dropping by at my blog. :)

check out my skinny entries here:

BLOGSILOG
MY COMFORT ZONE

Anonymous said...

how daring!! it's not the huge snakes that scare me, it's the tiny ones like this that gets me worried! lol =P good shot.

Anonymous said...

I scare snake!

Juliana said...

oh boy...snake. I also scare with snake. thanks for visited my skinny :D

Bellevelma said...

Ack! I wouldn't have braved taking a photo, not even with a zoom lens.

Michele said...

Ok, I love the shot, it's beautiful and well done but I'm not a snake fan... LOL. Your photography is beautiful, by the way. You are very talented!! I would love to have you on my blogroll.
Rocky Mountain Retreat

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Lovely shot of a nice snake. Have a great weekend!

Mommy Lutchi said...

yikes...skinny snakes...

Mine is up at 2Cents Worth and
4SeasonsOfMyLife
. Hope you can all visit me too. Happy Photo Hunting.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thanks for visiting us. We think the SKINNY Snake would have been fun to play with, but Mommy will not let us play with snakes. ~Scylla & Charybdis

alisonwonderland said...

it's good that you're trying not to pass on your phobias; a zookeeper told me that i had to do that with my daughter and my fear of snakes. good job!

Momisodes said...

ooooh! What a great choice :) Wonderful shot.

Unknown said...

Really good choice for the theme!

Rach said...

great choice for the theme, even if it is a bit scary!

PowersTwinB said...

I have a real adversion to snakes and worms and all that stuff...but it was a good take on the theme this week! My hunt is up, come on over and drool

JesieBlogJourney said...

It's skinny. I would probably have killed it before it hurts me.
A snake bit me when I was little. Now I would kill them before they get me.

Claudia said...

Great skinny shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP