Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Photo Hunters~Important

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What an interesting theme this week. I was stumped for awhile, then I had all kinds of great ideas, but NO time to actually take the photos. DARN IT!

So....I had to look back in my old photos for something that would work. I think I found a set of photos that are really IMPORTANT!

In my opinion, reading to children is very IMPORTANT! Experts say that how well a child does in school is directly related to the number of books in their home. We have just over 300 childrens books in the house of Living and Loving. Life is good!









Thank you for coming by my blog this week. I can't wait to see what other people found to be IMPORTANT! Have a great weekend!

*** oh and don't forget I'm on Top Momma!


CLICK HERE!!!!! You know you want to. Click it a few times in fact. I get a referral each time you click the link, and a click each time you click on Sugar's sweet photo. Isn't that fun? I can't think of a single thing I should be doing today other than clicking. Can you? ***

41 Live It or Love It:

Pretty Life Online said...

lol! that a great catch for the theme... mine's up too.

holly said...

yay for reading!!!! it is the most important thing in our house. really, it is more important than polly pockets. really!

Randi said...

I agree - good use of the theme!

CRIZ LAI said...

What a good mummy you are to realize the importance of early education for your child. :)

Mine are up….
Criz’s Sanctuary: http://crizlai.blogspot.com/2008/01/photo-hunters-important.html
Insight Criz: http://www2.crizlai.com/photography/photo-hunters-important/
Have a nice weekend!

Liz said...

Great take on important. I did that to my kids when they were younger. Happy hunting.

Anonymous said...

I agree, reading is good and very important too. Have a great weekend.

jennwa said...

You are right, reading is very important. We have a large book collection too and I think it really helps the kids to appreciate reading.
Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely interpretaton of this week's theme. Reading is probably the most important skill you can teach a child - your little ones are lucky to have parents who encourage them in this. Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

I love your interpretation of the topic! I haven't got mine up yet, have to do some more thinking.

Maude Lynn said...

I LOVE these pictures! What a neat take on the theme.

jams o donnell said...

Absolutely right. Reading is one of the greatest gifts a child can receive. Happy weekend

Anonymous said...

You are surely right! We have a lot of books here too because I have a 5 years old who loves to read and play:) Lovely shots as well!
Will you come and visit me? My Photo Hunt is up as well;-) Happy Weekend!

Anonymous said...

Definitely something very important! :-)

Happy Weekend.

Tammie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
david mcmahon said...

Dear Corey,

You are SO right. My mother read to me when I was little, an I did the same for my kids.

I grew up in a home with thousands (literally) of books and our own home now is floor-to-ceiling with books of every description.

God bless and have a great weekend.

David

Tammie said...

Sorry. Deleted comment above was me. Posting wrong thing to wrong place again. Urg. See, reading is very important!

Anyway, just wanted to say I like the photos especially at such close-ups and angles.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Reading rules at our house too. And I was brought up reading The Hungry Caterpillar and my two love it now. Fab. x

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! Reading to children is so important, and I used to enjoy it as well. It's not a chore at all. Would that be The Very Hungry Caterpillar above?

Sarge Charlie said...

excellent post for this theme

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Reading is SO important! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you'll come again...

ellen b. said...

Ahh yes Reading is important and reading to your children cannot be over emphasized! Good take on Important...

Autumn said...

So so important! I love snuggling up and reading to Bug. He is now reading simple books to me! Now that is a joy! Great post Corey!

Cynthia said...

Wow, way to go with the theme...I bowed out this week (I was just to busy). Well done!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Reading is SO important when children are young and old. I loved reading to my children. I'd read to them now if they'd let me. They're 20, 19 and 16. lol!

I think kindness is important.

Lana G! said...

What a cute take on the theme! Reading is important!

Colin Campbell said...

Reading to our children is one of the most important things that we do. Our kids love to read and to have lots of books around.

Nice choice.

Natalie said...

My daughter adores books! We have the one in your last photo. :)

Visit my important picture if you get a chance.

denz said...

wow! how nice your picture is,indeed that really important! keep it up...

check mine:
PhotoHunt1...
PhotoHunt2...
Happy weekend!!!

Cheerio said...

That's right! Starting to learn to read early is good for the kids. They're lucky to have a mom like you.

Anonymous said...

Reading to kids...VERY important. Great pictures!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

GHD said...

I couldn't agree with you MORE! Great picks for this week's pics :-)

Merisi said...

Corey,
I couldn't agree with you more!
Books have always played an extremely important part of my life, and I wanted my children to have that same force in their lives. I read to them from the very first months, I shlepped them to the little bookstores, and to the public library. When they got a little older, I took them to the Library of Congress.
I support to this day local small book stores that cater to children.

poor man's nicole richie said...

one of the good bonding moments happen when you read to your child.
kudos to you!

Liz Hinds said...

I agree that reading is very important. I have boxes of my children's books in the attic reading for any grandchildren that come along.

Anonymous said...

Hey Corey. I so agree that books and reading to your child is important. My aunt is a school librarian and her license plate is: RD2URKD (read to your kid)

If you want to participate, I've tagged you for the seven things meme.

Michele said...

I love the way you put this post together and it is true, reading is absolutely necessary, very important and the sooner you start the better! Wonderful post!!

david mcmahon said...

Enjoy what remains of the weekend.

Lindy said...

Great pick - couldn't agree more! "Are You My Mother?" Gets a lot of milage at our place too : )

E! said...

I recognized the book where the worm eats through the fruit from when I was a little girl. My Grams used to read it to me! And you captured it so beautifully! I can't remember the name of it and it will drive me nuts until I do!

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

What a cute post! I think you have talent as a photographer! :D

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Hey, I just hopped by here, and I LOVE the photo in your header!

:-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP