Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Sketch of Mama

It's a big day in the Living and Loving household. A BIG DAY! A BIG BIG BIG DAY!

My little Sugar Bear busted out her drawing skills, drew a little picture, and melted her mama's heart as if it were made of butter. Seriously.....I nearly made a puddle on the floor. So maybe it wasn't butter, but it was liquid.....and yellow. WHAT? don't look at me like that! Haven't you ever been so excited you almost peed yourself? Sure....whatever.....keep on fooling yourself, but you aren't fooling me!

Anyhow, when I picked up my Sugar Bear today at preschool, she presented me with her very FIRST drawing of her family! YES! This.....oh yes, THIS I have totally been waiting for. I have been on pins and needles wondering just how my little one would depict me.

AND.NOW.WE.KNOW!!!!!!!!



Do you see it? Can you see me? Isn't it lovely? Don't you feel blessed to be a part of this momentous occasion?

What????? Are you having trouble? Let me help!



Don't ask me why she isn't in the picture....she just isn't. And she has no explanation of the orange scribbles in the bottom right corner. The big black "H" is in honor of Henry. Mr. Henry is her "best friend". She is pretty smitten with him. He is nearly exactly a year older than her, but they get along famously. They are darn cute together. Do you think putting a symbol of him in her "my family" photo is a sign of things to come??????? YES, I do know how crazy I am. Thanks for asking.

Anyhow.....I think I look pretty good in her picture. I have lots of hair in real life, so I am thinking she is darn accurate there. Not sure where my nose and eyes are, but at least I have a smile on my face. That says something people, now doesn't it. Mama is a smiler. That has to be good, right? I am also feeling lucky I was blessed with a body, complete with arms and legs. Daddy wasn't quite so fortunate. He thinks he resembles a flying saucer in her picture, and I'd say she just might have totally pegged him. Men are from MARS! Right?

What a treat this is! I am just so thrilled. I have been on cloud nine all evening. As I admired it in photoshop, I couldn't resist editing out the unnecessary portions of this picture, so that I could focus just on me! I am a proud mama here tonight. PROUD!



Don't mind me, I'm off to go schedule a hair cut! Have a nice day!

25 Live It or Love It:

Heidi said...

You make me laugh. thanks for that. I totally "see" the picture. Totally see the family picture. I though maybe we'd see the mini horse, too. But the "H" is for Henry not horse...you sure? Love how you cropped yourself, that's when I busted out loud... shhh people are sleeping.. LOL

holly said...

totally hilarious, honey! actually, sugar bear and queen of hearts were on the same page last night. i was cooking dinner and it was "and what kind of shoes do you want to wear?" and after the fifteen hundredth question i had to go "aren't *you* drawing this? i trust your judgement. for the love of god if you want me to have the snow white collar, it's fine!!!" and then i had to go "sorry, honey, it's lovely. you're lovely. i'm just hungry."

Beth Cotell said...

What a great picture! You may have a little artist on your hands!

And I think a hair cut is in order...and perhaps new dye job?

Michele said...

Gasp, that's amazing!! :D

Julie said...

Hilarious! What a precious picture to save for years to come!

Unknown said...

How lovely, and I TOTALLY know the elated feeling! Jacob has delayed motor skills, and it was only a few months ago that he presented me with his first "real" picture - a rainbow and flowers and the word "MOM" on it. I only had to wait six years . . .

Megan Cobb said...

I love it!

But darlin', since you're already gettin' a haircut? I think you might also want to consider a little color on that mop, too.

hee hee hee.

:)

jennwa said...

The picture is great. I love my kids drawings too. My oldest daughter make me cards and puts them under my pillow and I cry almost every time.Just wait until she can write, then she will really having you bawling.

Burgh Baby said...

You've never looked better!

CMB said...

Very nice job! She is talented and very accurate. I love how you were able to edit yourself out.

Deb said...

I love it! Sugar Bear did an awesome job and I'm sure she captured her mama perfectly. :) That's something to frame and hang onto forever...

Autumn said...

Oh how sweet! I love it! Bug drew a space ship in the last family picture he drew.. hmmm what does that mean??
I love how Sugar didn't give daddy a body and purple hair. Too funny! You are such a nut.. editing it to just yourself. You crack me up!

Nikkie said...

This makes me so proud...Jason just drew his family the other day too!! What a masterpiece!! Way to go Sugar!!!

Unknown said...

OMW! That is just so cute! I love the hair she's given you, and that smile is just awesome :)

Lindy said...

Just fabulous! I'm loving your hair-do, and you are looking so svelte these days : ) Sugar is just a treasure beyond words (so's her mom!)

Laura said...

Oh. My. Gosh. This made me laugh SO hard!! That picture is too sweet, and your dissection of the different elements and commentary on it all is just brilliant!

And yeah, I can totally see the flying saucer thing...

we are reilly said...

LOVE IT! I can't wait for one of these picutres to grace my refridgerator -- maybe someday soon? I really like how you cropped yourself out -- you do look good!

Bellevelma said...

Congratulations! That's a keeper. And now, or very soon, you go to this website and have one of her drawings turned into a necklace or a keychain or something for yourself
http://www.magicdogstudio.com/Off_the_Fridge_and_Out_of_t.html

My husband did that with a drawing Snags made for me and I love it.

Maude Lynn said...

Oh, I remember my first . . .

Anonymous said...

What an awesome picture! You have to frame it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

Darling!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Oh that is sooo cute. She catured you all beautifully. And I am so impressed with the square for the hose. Miss M did the one aqua draw face, and has now gone back to scribbles. But I love those scribbles. Can't wait till M draws her family. Big sigh. :D

Nora said...

OH it's lovely! What a special gift from your sweetie!

I'm still waiting on my picture... My sweetie drew a picture one day, and asked me if I knew who it was. I said no...and she proudly announced it was her daycare provider, lol. *jealous grumble*

Lori said...

So cute! Xander just drew his first picture of me too and it looked very similar. He drew Spongebob, too and he looked very good!

Hillary said...

That is so cute! I can't wait til my baby can draw a picture of me too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP