Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 5, 2009

A confession.....of Sorts




I'm a bit of a Scrapoholic.  Yup, it's true.  I started scrapbooking back in 2003 or so.  I have always been a bit crafty, and back then, I had time on my hands.  No kids....and a hubby who's job kept him away from home a good portion of the time.  I was always looking for a new hobby.  I took to scrapbooking like a duck to water.


blogscrapone

Several times a month, I'd get together with friends and scrapbook for hours and hours....late into the night. I enjoyed the creative outlet, and the company. Scrapbooking quickly became one of my favorite pastimes. I really enjoyed purchasing supplies as well. I loved to find a bargin on some cool stuff. It almost became a hobby of it's own, and I soon found myself with quite a collection of materials.

blogscraptwo


Shortly after Sugar Bear was born, I found myself with little interest in these "scrapbook nights". It was a combination of not having the time, and not really feeling the "need" like I used to. So I simply stopped going. This took a bit of a toll on my friendships. This was not my intent, but it most assuredly happened. Being a mom filled that hole in my heart that I so desperately had been stuffing anything and everyone into. I have blogged about this before. My priorities changed, but it didn't mean I had lost feelings for my friends. I just simply didn't "need" them as much. Sounds ugly, but it is the truth.



blogscrapfour

For a few years, my scrapbook stuff sat there gathering dust.  Slowly I started participating in the scrapbooking days again.  I was overwhelmed with the sheer amount of photos I had been taking.  I no longer took photos to have something to scrapbook.  I took photos because I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY.  Suddenly, I had way more photos than any ten people could keep up with.  I also found dragging all my piles of scrapbooking supplies around was a huge pain, and I NEVER scrapped at home unless I had 6 or more hours to devote to it, because it just wasn't worth the hassle.  Instead of being the joy it once was, it nearly stressed me to tears.


blogscrapthree


Then, something very wonderful happened.  In late 2007 I discovered Digital Scrapbooking.  OH.MY.WORD!  What an amazing thing.  I jumped right in and haven't looked back since.  I adore digital scrapbooking.  I can scrapbook anytime I feel like it, without the pressure, without having lots of time, and without the clutter.  I.LOVE.IT.SO.MUCH!  Now I get more photos scrapbooked in record time.  It is such a joy.  All the layouts here are digital.  Isn't it GREAT?  I have been scrappin like a fool this past fall, and early winter.  I have so much to do, and hope to have a book printed soon.  I still scrapbook with my friends every now and again, as I need to finish Sugar Bear's first year the "old fashioned way", since that is how I started it.  Oh and we all know I am on the cheap, so I HAVE to use up all the supplies I purchased back in the day.   It's all good.  

blogscrapfive
So, if you ever wonder why I haven't been by your blog in awhile....I'm probably scrapbooking, cause when you take 54261 photos a year, it ain't easy to keep up.  

(Sorry for the crazy mixed up sizes here, I was trying to find the right size, and now it is late, and I don't have time to fix it.)

21 Live It or Love It:

Marcelle said...

Hello....
I love scrapbooking as well...have been doing it the old fashion way...please can you give me the website for digital scrapbooking so I can take a look around.
I find scrapbooking so creative and I have so much time on hand I need to find ways to fill up my day.
Thanks for sharing...as my granddaughter tells me
* sharing is caring * LOL

Gayle said...

Isn't it expensive to get the pages printed? I want to scrapbook so much and don't have the time. There are just too many kids. Not sure what to do...

I love your pages! You rock!

Christina said...

Once you're done with all yur pictures, do you want to start one mine? I used to be a scrapper, but haven't done a single page since Nadia's birth. Sigh. I don't want to get bitten by the digital scrapping bug either - I spend too much time on the computer as it is!

tiarastantrums said...

Oh, I love to scrapbook as well - the old fashioned way - but my kids always bother me and want my paper (always the good stuff too) and stickers and my do dads - so I never get to do it anymore unless it is 2 am! What software do you use for digital scrapping?

Corey~living and loving said...

I have been getting my pages done as photobooks, and if I wait for the deals they offer it is WAY cheaper than the regular way. With the price of The album, the pages to go in the album, the photo prints, the paper, and embelishments it is WAY WAY WAY more expensive.

I use my Photoshop Elements to do my scrappin. :) I'll go find some links for you all. You can just google "digital Scrapbooking" though, and get tons of help.

Autumn said...

You crafty, crafty girl you. Why do you always have to make me feel like such a failure??!! LOL you know I'm teasing. I love the pages you posted.

Aunt Julie said...

This is something I've been curious about for some time. I'll let you know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Digital Scrapbooking is cheaper imo and I love playing in PhotoShop. The possibilities are endless! I love your work! You are one of the most talented moms I know.

Anonymous said...

Love digiscrapping too! Your layouts are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hi Corey, Thanks for stopping by this morning! I love your blog and I am in love with the idea of digital scrapbooking. Can you post a small tutorial on how to get started. I have many trips, my wedding, honeymoon and beyond to still scrapbook and it is certainly overwhelming. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future!
Happy 2009,
Kelli

holly said...

6 hours? on one thing? sorry, scrapbooking lost a potential devotee tonight. i spend three hours a night blogging (when i am on, these days...) which i don't actually have. i can't imagine where i'd get 6 hours from.

when i stop needing sleep, i will consider it...

Becky said...

I'm a scrapbook lover too! I completely understand feeling overwhelmed by the sheer amount of photos, it is quite the daunting task. Your pages are so fantastic!

Unknown said...

I haven't the patience to traditional scrapbook but I might be able to do the digital, how does that work???

Tabitha Blue said...

Very cool!!! I think scrapbooking is fun... I've just never finished a book!! This sounds like a great way to do it. It really is hard to find the time, though I do have a stash of supplies... maybe I'll finish Baby Blue's book I've started... someday ;)

These pages look wonderful though!! That will make a very cool book!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

AnnD said...

Well Corey! Do you sleep at night?! How do you do it all?! I love scrapbooks. Having said that, I don't do it. My mom is a huge scrapbooker and I love going to the stores and looking at scrapbook stuff and I love looking at scrapbook magazines and, of course, other people's actual scrapbooks but it's just so much responsibility, scrapbooking. It's a lot of time and money and energy and I can't commit to it just yet in my life.

Deb said...

I've started scrapbooking several times, but haven't been able to keep up with it. I have Abby's done - until she was about 3 months old. I started one for Becca when she was born, thinking at least I could keep up with one of the kids - hers only goes up until she came home from the hospital however. And I've never even started one for Hannah.

I think part of the problem is just like you said - the amount of photos I have is so overwhelming, plus having to haul out all of the stuff and then put it all back away afterward... I've thought about digital scrapbooking (and am thinking about it yet again after reading this post and seeing your cute layouts!) but just don't know if I have the time. Ah well, maybe someday. :)

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

Now, why am I not surprised that you scrapbook?

Your pages look WONDERFUL! Professional, in fact.

mrsmouthy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I love your site--and these scrapbook layouts. I'm a huge scrapper myself but haven't found a way to scan in the pix yet. What's the secret?

tommie said...

I wish I could make the leap to digital. I still do it the old way.

Michie said...

I love scrapbooking too, and have no idea how to do it the digital way. How do you print them all out? How do you even get started?

Mikki Black said...

Wow. It's people like you who make me afraid to try to scrapbook. That and I haven't had a new non-digital photo in about 6 years....

Just beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP