Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This Just Isn't GOOD!

The New Year started with a few decisions on my part to do something about the BAD snacking habit I had formed in the last year. It was going to be simple. Two new rules:

1. If I didn't bring it....I don't eat it! (this is for work, designed to stop the endless snacking on candy and cookies...and such around our office. The photo from yesterday's post is a basket of chocolate in on of my co-workers's office.)

2. NO eating past 9pm. (designed to stop the horrible munching I do at about 10:30 pm each night)


All went GREAT for two whole weeks. It was hard, but I stuck to the rules. I even saw some change in the scale. woo hoo for ME! Then....then......a combination of PMS, and life stress, and all hell broke loose. I ate anything and everything that crossed my path for a week straight.

Monday of this week, I set myself up to resume my former rules. I was picking myself up off the dirt, and hurling myself back on that wagon. Monday was GREAT!

Then Tuesday came along, and it began innocent enough. In the late afternoon I was minding my own business, happily working at my desk when THIS suddenly appeared on my desk:


Jan2709_0045ew
Isn't it cute....and innocent....and well.....just plain delightful sitting there minding it's own business? Sitting there......smelling yummy......and TAUNTING.ME.WITH.IT'S.DELICIOUS.LOOKING.FROSTING!!!
Before I knew it.....this happened:

Jan2709_0047ew
EEEEEEKKKKK !!!! The vicious little honey is IN.MY.HAND! It was officially declared PANIC time.
Suddenly, there was a bit of a scuffle.......and someone took a direct hit:


Jan2709_0049ew
oh dear.....how did that happen?????


Jan2709_0051ew
I'm pretty sure there was much whispering and pointing going on in my work place as sounds of desperate pleas for mercy....and hoards of obnoxious whining were billowing out of my office, but sadly, with another jab, and a right hook .....it surely wasn't looking promising for a peaceful ending.


Jan2709_0054ew
Co-workers came running, children ran screaming.....and after the dust cleared, the KNOCKOUT was called, and SOMEONE was left looking pretty GUILTY!


Jan2709_0052ew
This just isn't GOOD!

19 Live It or Love It:

Deb said...

LOL! Well, if it's any consolation, I think the result would've been the same if that little treat had shown up on my desk. :)

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Corey. You take your camera to WORK?! I love for that. That last shot is perfection. But STOP tempting me with the others. It is SO not helping my nighttime sugar cravings.

XOXO

Autumn said...

OMG that last picture is freakin HELARIOUS! I keep scrolling up then back down and cracking up each time I see your face. LOL You nut! Good luck with those rules... I decided my rule was if I eat it.. I have to work it off. I'm not sure that's easier than just not eating it in the first place.

Mary Ann said...

I feel your pain! It is soooo hard for me to resist sweets and junk food...actually any food in general! Love the pictures as always!

Corey~living and loving said...

and for the record...I do NOT have a healing black eye. I have no idea why there is so much yellow around my eyes. I didn't mess with the color in the photo. and I did NOT mess with my eyes in that last shot. I just look crazy glazy eyed all the time. I think it is lack of sleep and too much computer time. LOL

Christina said...

Good gosh Corey, that last picture had me literally LOL! I love visiting you here - I never know what I'll find.

Good luck on your quest to limit the snacking, but SHAME ON YOU for posting this at night when the munchies are hitting me too!

Oh, and you're dang good at SPs.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Love it! It does look like it was tasty!

Janet said...

LOL! That looks yummy! I love the "naughty" face at the end ... you enjoyed it? EXCELLENT!

Gayle said...

Nice job being so creative with the post! Who says big bums are so bad anyhow?!

Marcelle said...

oh noooooooooooooooooo
I feel the pain..
I'm on a diet and know after 2 weeks if that cupcake passed my way I would never be able to say NO to it either...

Loved the photo story!!!
You so creative!

AnnD said...

If it is in front of me, I eat it. Though, I must admit, I might have been able to resist that cupcake since it appeared to have no chocolate in it whatsoever. If it's just straight white cake with white icing, a bite or two would have sufficed for me!

Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite post!

I love it. & I'm so trying not to eat everything I see. It's hard. HARD.

Tanya said...

Oh Corey I would have done the exact same thing :) I would not have stopped long enough to capture it, lol! Loved this post!

Anonymous said...

Totally priceless Corey! Especially that last one! LOL Made my day - but now I am sending you happy strong willpower thoughts to help you get back on that wagon! You can do it :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL, that was funny!

holly said...

i saw it - CLEARLY you were ATTACKED by that cupcake. someone's got to pay for that. someone's gotta do time for that crime. you are a victim, here, corey! you gotta stand up for yourself!

teach that cupcake a lesson. well, posthumously, of course.

and i don't understand the word 'maybe' you left at jo's blog, so i'll see your contribution next thursday, right? ;)

absolutely no pressure. you've been under a lot of strain lately, with the cupcake incident and all.

Anonymous said...

I love that even in your moment of insanity and loss of control, you still document so beautifully. You didn't even get any frosting on the camera lense!

Thanks for the smile. I'm actually feeling better after my pity post. I don't feel that way all day, like I implied, but at the moment I was typing it sure felt like it.

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh my!!!!! I would've devoured it as well!! I love that last photo of you... your lips look like a heart!

Beth Cotell said...

I love that last shot! I am getting a very cool Lucille Ball vibe from it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP