Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Photostory Friday~ Keeping It Close


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


It NEVER fails....I see the most AMAZING things when I don't have my camera on me.  Seriously, it is a huge frustration in my life.  I'll see an amazing sunset, and wish I had my camera with me, but I rarely do.  I will not leave my camera in my vehicle, and I get annoyed by dragging the thing along with me when I'm just going to work, so I leave it at home 95% of the time during the week.  I see so many incredible things, and get alittle pissy about not having my camera.  I'll quickly decide to bring it the following day, and ALAS...I'll see nothing.  What I saw the day before.....we NOT be the same.  Drives me insane.   I am not kidding....I let it bother me WAY more than I should.  I feel all irked inside, and it ruins my mood.  I glumly leave my camera at home the following day....and it literally takes me a day or two to get over it.  (ummm yeah....I think I have issues...it's okay to think that....I don't mind!)

Well, let's just say that I finally got completely and utterly FED.UP.WITH.IT, so I made a decision to keep my camera with me 24/7.  No matter what....I'll have it on me.  I figure one of two things will happen:

1.  For the rest of my life, I will see absolutly NOTHING amazing again.

or

2.  I will definitely have my camera with me the next time I need it.

Between you and me, I'm hoping for the second result.  It has almost been two weeks now.  The first week, I spent much of the time annoyed that the weather was yucky, and nothing BEGGED to be photographed.  This week, I am much more relaxed, and settling in to just accepting that it is only a matter of time before I'm at the right place, at the right time....WITH my camera.  It just has to happen, right?

I took this photo yesterday....and although it isn't what I've been waiting for....I'm pleased that I had the opportunity to capture it.  I have seen a sunset from this particular place on my drive home from work MANY times.  Having this photo makes me happy, because it reminds me of so many wonderful evenings picking up my Sugar Bear from daycare.  It is my favorite time of day.


Jan2809_0028ew

Have a great weekend! 

19 Live It or Love It:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I SO know what you mean! Twice this week I have seen the most amazing sunsets and also without my camera! By the time I arrive home,it has changes SO much and I no longer have the right foreground for that perfect shot! sigh

Marcelle said...

LOL...think many of us know what you saying here. I tell you how I've got around this.
I have a smaller Sony cybershot that I keep in my handbag at all times as its to difficult carrying my DSLR with me every where due to the size...and so far no one has even noticed the difference in the shots...anyway makes my life much easier.

Love the sunset through the trees..love sunsets they my best, miss them where I live...but when in Cape Town i make the most of them as they are so beautiful.

TuTu's Bliss said...

LOL Hugs. I went through the same phase. I agreed to take time off from the camera and EVERY second I wished I had it. When I started bringing it again, nothing. :)

TuTu's Bliss said...

LOL Hugs. I went through the same phase. I agreed to take time off from the camera and EVERY second I wished I had it. When I started bringing it again, nothing. :)

Lindy said...

I carry my camera around w/ me everywhere! It can be a pain in the butt when I'm schlepping my now extremely heavy handbag around the grocery store but what if I need to take a picture!!!! So I carry it around w/ me. I have one of those neoprene camera snugs to keep it a little protected while it's in my handbag.

Autumn said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've actually considered carrying a point and shoot in my purse just for this reason. My DSLR is just too big to carry everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Murphy's Law, lol. You might have to take back the point and shoot you gave to your Sugar Bear.

Tabitha Blue said...

That is exactly how it happens!! All the time! This one is beautiful though, and you're bound to run into some amazing shots at some point!!

tiarastantrums said...

gorgeous photo - and I so need to bring my camera as well - but I can never find the lens cap and I don't want to take my camera out of the house without it!

Pam Emmons said...

That's an amazing shot! I keep a point and shoot with me all the time. I don't get the best pics, but oh well! It's hard to haul the big camera everywhere!

Killlashandra said...

It's a pretty sunset shot. Although I have to agree with your grumblings. I bought a motorola zine phone which takes 5 mgpx pictures. With a limited zoom grant you it is a phone, but now when I see something and I've forgot my camera yet again I can still snap a quick one. ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo. Great photostory. I'm sure you'll get lots of great pictures!

Christina said...

That is SO TRUE! All of this world's most beautiful moments are reserved for the (rare!) times I do not have my camera with me! I'm glad you got to capture that sunset.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I totally know what you mean. Lugging around 20 pounds of equipment somehow loses its' luster fast! I keep my little Sony in my purse and STILL manage to miss the moment. OY.

Chris said...

It paid off! Great image (do you take anything else?)

I've been taking a picture a day since the first of the year, and so I've been hauling my camera everywhere. It's also required me to look at things in my life a little differently - if I have to be at work for 10 hours a day, I'm going to have to find something there worth photographing.

I wanted to thank you for all the kind things you've had to say to me lately -- it's been very uplifting for us.

holly said...

i know i say this a lot. but that is totally gorgeous. i'm not just saying it because i think i'm going to get a prize for saying it loads of times. it really is gorgeous. i wish it was on my wall.

and i have a cybershot in my handbag too. actually, i don't. i have it in my purse.

Susie said...

congrats on the new sidekick, and I think that photo is awesome! what a beautiful sunset and sweet memory to go with it.
Good for you Corey! Have a great weekend!

Aunt Julie said...

I say go with the flow...I'm sure you've found that if you don't force your creativity, your work will end up so much more interesting in the end. As always, love the snap!

Robin said...

Last time I left the house without a camera I got caught behind a flock of chickens running down the road. Moseying along at 5 mph... no camera. I'm going to have it surgically attached to my hand.

Your photos are lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP