Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 8, 2011

52 Weeks of ME- weeks one and two

This past week, I was pleasantly surprised to run into several of my blogging buddies doing a really wonderful photography project: 52 Weeks of ME! I've see this done a few times, but it wasn't until this particular moment in time that I became interested in giving it a go myself.

As I look back through my photos from the past 6 years, I'm not seeing a lot of me. In fact, I'm seeing very little of me. I'm not in OTHER people's photos either. Once I became so interested in photography, it seems like no one around me takes pictures if I'm there. They let me do it. :) I don't mind....but it really has resulted in my being very invisible in our photographic history.

It didn't take me long (maybe a minute after seeing my first friend's post) to decid I wanted to jump right in on the fun. I was already behind, so I had to take two photos this week. The first was supposed to be a "traditional" portrait, but I knew that I would not have a good opportunity to set up a shot like that, so I simply set my camera on the hood of my truck, during my lunch hour at work, set the timer and apparently decided to be "grouchy"!

Jan0511_0013ew

The first thing Sugar Bear said when she saw this photo was, "Whoa! what were you so mad about?" tee hee...cracked me right up! I don't recall being in a bad mood, but maybe I was. You can note that I did not edit this photo past the basic edits I have to do to all my RAW photos for sharpening. This is how I am about 95% of the time. Zero makeup.....and messy hair. The other 5% of the time I look worse. tee hee. I'm a no frills sort of gal.

The next photo I took, a few days later, also on my lunch hour, and using my truck. This time, being that the theme was "reflective surfaces", I intended on trying to get my reflection in my newly washed vehicle, but it didn't take me long to veto that idea, cause I looked too fat in the convex image. Instead, I leaned on the driver's side door, looked into my side mirror, and snapped this quick shot. It appears that I was in a much better mood that day. :)

Jan0711_0019ew
As with the first shot, I refrained from editing any of my "issues". It is my desire to capture myself as I am, so that they will accurately depict Sugar Bear's mama in 2011. I want the pictures to exactly the person she remembers.

So there you have it! A new project that I'm extremely excited about. I can't wait to see what this year of photos is going to teach me.

Be sure to head on over to visit Jessie and Cara to see all the fabulous ladies taking part in this cool project.




16 Live It or Love It:

Janet said...

Don't think I could capture those moods so perfectly! Well done Corey, and I think this is going to be an interesting project! Good Luck!

Marcelle said...

I saw the 52 photo challenge being advertised around blogland but not the ME theme so there must be a few going around. I'm still doing the 365 Challenge so going to stick to that one to make sure I reach the end.
Good luck and great to see you reflected in different ways.

Gayle said...

What a wonderful idea for Sugar to see her Mama. There aren't any photos of me and if they take one I delete it. I guess I think if there aren't any photos they won't remember how heavy I was or unkempt on the time. I suppose they will anyhow so I should save one or two of them. My Olivia tells me I'm beautiful all the time. Ahh, the innocence and love of children.

Jeanette Verster said...

Love the second shot... what an awesome meme!! Think I should join in too

Anonymous said...

Wait, so you're the new Kitty? I love it!

bBchronicles said...

I think this is an awesome idea! Like Gayle, I avoid the camera (at all costs)! I fear now that my family won't remember what I look like in generations to come! Think I might join in!!! Better LATE than NEVER. I think it would be an interesting project - would make one think, that's for sure! Nicely done.

Autumn said...

Fabulous idea, so glad that you are doing this one. Love both shots. You don't need any editing because I can't see one "issue" on you! There are very few pictures of me around too. The ones there are I took myself. I don't think I'm a very photogenic person at all so I don't mind too much. :)

a said...

You have gorgeous eyes, Corey! Glad you're joining us!! I can't wait to see what you have in store for next week!

Kimberly said...

Look at those big beautiful Sugar Bear eyes! Girl looks just like her moma in that respect doesn't she? :) I'm glad you decided to join in.

Angela Friend said...

I think you nailed it...we need to see what we really look like! You have no idea all the funky faces some of my photos have...and yes, I plan to post some of those too along the way! hehe!

Cara said...

Oh Corey I love both. You have amazing eyes now we know where Sugar Bear gets hers. You crack me up too, I love how you said the other 5% of the time you look worse, I think that is all of us.
I am also so glad you are joining in!

Jessie said...

I would love to have been the ones in your work watching you out there. I get so embarrassed with hubs watching me take pictures of myself :) I love both of them! I thought about doing the reflective shot in a funny mirror but the skinny one! I can't wait to see what you come up with next week. Take care!

Tabitha Blue said...

Haha, you are gorgeous! But what I'm loving is the very readable moods :) Great project and photos, Corey!

~Tabitha

Kerstin said...

what a great idea to to that project - it is going to be such an interesting one ...... and by looking back after those 52 years......if I only had more time for myeself these days.... so much ideas I would love to join....
Nevertheless I am back on track to read and (try to) write my blog entries on a regular basis.... Will come over to you daily again...
thanks for keeping us updated ....
cheers and all the best for 2011

Jen said...

You are so gorgeous Corey. I have several shots of myself where I look so mad. Not sure why that is. I guess it is the serious look. I am so glad you are joining in on the fun. This is going to be challenging, but fun!!

Christina said...

Good for you for jumping in, Corey! what a gift this will be to you and Sugar one day. Part of me wants to join in too, but my camera really isn't dependable enough and I don't want to commit to something I can't be sure to stick with. I want a new camera!
But I love it that you're keeping it real and showing us your true beauty. Because that's what we see - beauty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP