This past week, I was pleasantly surprised to run into several of my blogging buddies doing a really wonderful photography project: 52 Weeks of ME! I've see this done a few times, but it wasn't until this particular moment in time that I became interested in giving it a go myself.
As I look back through my photos from the past 6 years, I'm not seeing a lot of me. In fact, I'm seeing very little of me. I'm not in OTHER people's photos either. Once I became so interested in photography, it seems like no one around me takes pictures if I'm there. They let me do it. :) I don't mind....but it really has resulted in my being very invisible in our photographic history.
It didn't take me long (maybe a minute after seeing my first friend's post) to decid I wanted to jump right in on the fun. I was already behind, so I had to take two photos this week. The first was supposed to be a "traditional" portrait, but I knew that I would not have a good opportunity to set up a shot like that, so I simply set my camera on the hood of my truck, during my lunch hour at work, set the timer and apparently decided to be "grouchy"!
The first thing Sugar Bear said when she saw this photo was, "Whoa! what were you so mad about?" tee hee...cracked me right up! I don't recall being in a bad mood, but maybe I was. You can note that I did not edit this photo past the basic edits I have to do to all my RAW photos for sharpening. This is how I am about 95% of the time. Zero makeup.....and messy hair. The other 5% of the time I look worse. tee hee. I'm a no frills sort of gal.
The next photo I took, a few days later, also on my lunch hour, and using my truck. This time, being that the theme was "reflective surfaces", I intended on trying to get my reflection in my newly washed vehicle, but it didn't take me long to veto that idea, cause I looked too fat in the convex image. Instead, I leaned on the driver's side door, looked into my side mirror, and snapped this quick shot. It appears that I was in a much better mood that day. :)
As with the first shot, I refrained from editing any of my "issues". It is my desire to capture myself as I am, so that they will accurately depict Sugar Bear's mama in 2011. I want the pictures to exactly the person she remembers.
So there you have it! A new project that I'm extremely excited about. I can't wait to see what this year of photos is going to teach me.
Be sure to head on over to visit Jessie and Cara to see all the fabulous ladies taking part in this cool project.