Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Week 14

When I look at this collage, I immediately think, "where's the color?" It really is a winter sort of week. I find that often my mood in the winter is without color, and this depicts this quite well.

myweekdiptych15web

The first shot was taken on January 2nd. I was quietly standing at my kitchen sink doing my dishes by hand. My dishwasher is 30 years old...and doesn't work all that well. We could easily afford a new dishwasher, but it has been 2 years now...and I don't mind doing the dishes by hand. It seems that when I use a dishwasher, I'm forever needing to unload it before I can load it, and it drives me nuts. Anyhow....I was standing there looking out the window, and noticed how big Sugar's Maternity plant was getting on the window sill. She planted it at school, and brought it home before winter break. I can't wait to see what it looks like as it gets bigger. Sugar Bear is very proud of her little plant. She looks on it as if it were her baby.

The second shot was taken on January 3rd. Sugar and I were having a girls night, and we were settling down to watch a movie. (can't remember which one, now.) I made some popcorn for us to share. She loves popcorn, but much prefers the way Grandma and Papa make it. They use an air popper, and put melted butter on it. The light microwave stuff mama makes isn't near as lovely. (and I cringe at the chemicals that are in it....I totally need to stop buying this stuff.)

The third shot was taken on January 4th. I spent a great day of my day at work trying to make sense and order out of my schedule this month. It is a crazy busy time at work, and at home. I'm leaving in a few days for a work related trip, but I have extended the time away to include a mini vacation. I'm so very excited about it, but there are a plenty of things to plan, and arrange before I leave.

The fourth shot was taken on January 5th while I was capturing my first shot for my "52 weeks of me project. It is out of focus....and not well lit.

The fifth shot was taken on January 6th when Sugar Bear and I were out taking care of our animals. Tiny the miniature horse is doing well. She is such a sweetheart. The Hubby is NUTS for her, and even let her come in the house one evening in December. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but she didn't do anything other than get the carpet a bit dirty. She thinks she is just one of the family, and would love to be in the house with us all of the time.

The sixth shot was taken on January 7th. My nearly 4 year old truck needed new front hubs this past week. I'm a bit annoyed by the whole thing.....they just don't make things like they used to. It is ridiculous that I had to replace those....and expensive as well. ARGH!

The seventh shot was taken on January 8th.....and as you can see....it was a BIRTHDAY PARTY for the Sugar! ♥ oh how my heart beats for this girl. I just can't believe that she is 6 years old already. I just hope that the next 6 years don't go as fast. I'm holding tight to my time with this special little person.


3 Live It or Love It:

Autumn said...

I am cracking up that he let tiny in the house! Hopefully you will get some color in your life soon. Good luck on your trip!

Jen said...

I am feeling drab these days too. It may be the snow that is still on the ground here. Happy belated birthday Sugar Bear.

Christina said...

Oooh, happy Birthday Sugar!! I knew it was coming up, but didn't realize it had already come and gone. We'll get to hear more about it, right??
Cracks me up that Tiny came in the house!! What is a maternity plant? And here's to a GREAT trip for you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP