Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthday Moments

As you know, Sugar Bear turned the BIG Ol' age of SIX recently, and oh me oh my......she had some birthday goodness. In fact.....this seemed like her birthday would never end. There was MUCH celebrating. ♥

We started off the festivities a few days BEFORE her actual birthday. We hosted a fabulously fun kids birthday part for Sugar and her friends at the local pottery place. It was such a fun day.
Jan0811_0038ew

Jan0811_0043ew

Jan0811_0048ew

Sugar is blessed with really wonderful friends. ♥ The next celebration began the morning of the big day. Sugar was full of happiness, and I was consumed with nostalgia. I never truly understood home much a person's birthday isn't solely theirs. I hadn't even considered the possibility that it was anything more than the day of one's birth. Until.......that is.....I had my Sugar Bear. I now understand that her day of birth is very much a "birthday" for me as well. The birth of my motherhood.....the birth of a new beginning....the birth of change.....and new.....and completion. The day of Sugar's birth is very much the day of MY own birth. ♥

It was a delight to have the opportunity to bring some treats into Sugar's Kindergarten classroom to honor "our" birthday. :) I always enjoy observing Sugar in different environments. This day held such happy, giggly moments. I loved being reminded that my shy girl tends to take on the role of the "class clown" when all attention is on her. It is fascinating to see her use this crazy coping skill. She diverts her anxiety over being the center of attention, by being a silly goon. This way....the kiddos (or adults) are laughing with her....and there is no possibility that they are laughing AT her. The next three photos captured this perfectly. As soon as the kiddos started singing to her....she started "hamming it up!"
Jan1011_0006ew

Jan1011_0010ew

Jan1011_0009ew

She is truly the cutest, most sweet ham sandwich I've ever laid adoring eyes on. ♥

After her little party as school, I took her on to daycare, and we were greeted by a "Birthday Message" on the gate. This simple little tradition has been going on for her last FOUR birthdays, and she is delighted EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. It's the simple things, people. Keep is simple. :)

Jan1011_0023ew

After daycare (where they had more treats and singing) , and dance class (more singing), we headed on home for some pressies! WOOT!

Jan1011_0030ew

And.....finally a birthday pancake (her favorite), and a big birthday wish.

Jan1011_0046ew

I have no idea what she wished for....but I do know that when I asked her, that night as we snuggled in her bed, what her FAVORITE part of her day was........she looked me in the eye and said, "Right now....being with you, mama!" Seriously..........how on earth did I deserve this little honey? ♥


12 Live It or Love It:

Gayle said...

Looks like a perfectly wonderful birthday!!

Jessie said...

Oh Corey, that last sentence brought tears to my eyes. I love kids and how being with us is better than anything else! Happy Birthday Sugar Bear!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I'm a little misty-eyed over here, too. How on EARTH did this happen? Six years. *sob* *smile*

She is precious and it has been an incredible blessing to watch her grow from a wee one to quite the young lady. XOXOXOXO

Autumn said...

It just doesn't seem possible that she is 6! Why does being a parent seem to just speed up time? How lucky you both are to have each other. :)

Molly said...

OH. MY. SWEETNESS! How could you not just melt with that last sentence. Love her!

bBchronicles said...

How FUN, how PERFECT. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Missy-Sugar Bear!!!!! "Holy-getting-old, 6 years old and ADORABLE as ever!"
Hugs, GmaBerta!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way too much to say today.

First of all, whose pictures of their kids birthdays look that fabulous? WHOSE? Corey's, of course.

Secondly, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels my kids' birthdays are as much about me as them--and not in a selfish, immature way but in the my-life-changed-so-much-and-I'd-never-want-it-to-go-back kind of way.

Thirdly, SB, is KILLING me in her plaid skirt and tie. Seriously.

Marcelle said...

Happy 6th birthday to the sweetest little blog girl...hope you have a wonderful year....you are so special to so many of us...

Kimberly said...

Love, oh so love what you said about it being YOUR birthday too. I so get that. So happy birthing day to you mama!

Sugar Bear sweetness. Love it. Happy Birthday to her!

Christina said...

What a fabulous birthday for a fabulous girl! <3 I adore her expressions of hope and joy, especially in the last photo. Can't believe you manage such terrific photos even of the birthday craziness! Happy birthing day to you, Corey...love what you said about how a birthday is Mama's day, too!

Michelle said...

happy belated 6th birthday to Sugar!! looks like she had the best time!

Lindy said...

Get out of town! She can't be 6 already! Why do they have to grow up so fast?!?!?!! Happy Birthday SB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP