Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Week 15

Okay kiddos....I'm behind on the posting again, but I'm sure you'll understand why when you see what I did on the 15th. :)

myweekdiptych16web

The first shot was taken on January 9th. Nothing makes me feel all warm and cozy like a fire in the wood stove. There is just something about wood heat. It warms me like no other. I also like the feeling of accomplishment that washes over me when I get a fire started....and it really begins to ROAR!

The second shot was taken on January 10th, which was a pretty special day around here. Hard to believe that my little Sugar Bear is 6 years old. sigh.......I'm one lucky lady.

The third shot was taken on January 11th. This shot simply reflects how busy I've been, and how I accidentally let the entire day go by without picking up my camera. I then find myself roaming around the house looking for something....anything...to take a picture of. This little zebra is a magnet Sugar Bear got from the elves in her advent this year.

The fourth shot was taken on January 12th. 6 year well child exam day. This makes me smile. I am so very grateful for Sugar's health. We are so very blessed. She has only gone to see her doctor once per year....since she was 3. I love that. I read several blogs where the children are so very ill.....and it makes me realize that I should NEVER take Sugar's health for granted. I need to be fully aware of the blessing her health is. I am grateful for this reminder.

The fifth shot was taken on January 13th, and oh......how I adore this shot. OH.MY.HEAVENS......this girl melts my heart. I was playing around trying to get THIS SHOT, and Sugar wanted in on the game. She fashioned this "look" and posed for the shot. She is a gem.

The sixth shot was taken on January 14th when I traveled 4.5 hours from home, and spent the evening with family. This photo is of my Aunt Sharen holding one of her precious grand children. I do not see this part of my family often enough, and this particular evening reminded me that I need to be sure that I do not let too much time pass before I visit again.

The seventh shot was taken on January 15th. This was a BIG, BIG, HUGE day for me. I stepped on an airplane for the first time in almost 9 years. I got on that plane and flew quite nearly from coast to coast....all alone....by myself. EEEKKKK.....It was a huge step for me. I will admit that I cried.....during take off. I felt this extreme emotion at the thought of going so very far from my Sugar Bear. However, it was a wonderful flight, and it took me on an adventure I won't quickly forget. It reminded me that life is too short to always stay at home....and validated for me that an "Internet Friendship" is no less of a friendship than a "Real-life Friendship". In some cases....it might very well be MORE. ♥ More about my trip in the next "my week" post. I promise.

6 Live It or Love It:

Jeanette Verster said...

Sounds like you've had a BIG week

Janet said...

What an exciting week! SIX already? My, she's quite a little lady!

Kimberly said...

My eye was immediately drawn to Sugar Bear in blue. Could a child be more dramatic in a sweet and lovely way? :)

Autumn said...

What a week! I have to tell you, the first time I flew after having Bug I had the same reaction. But the more I do it, the less scary it is. That shot of Sugar is really great. She looks so much older! Can't wait to hear about your trip. :)

Christina said...

What a BIG week! A year of discovery and fun and growth and achievement. I too as so very fortunate to have a healthy daughter...I think she's only been to the dr 3 times ever other than for well-checks! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Beth Cotell said...

So you are totally going to leave us hanging?? Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP