Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 28, 2009

Look at our little Lilly

Sept2709_0020ew

Isn't she about as cute as it gets? I mean seriously.....don't you just want to squeeze her? ME, TOO!

Sept2709_0023ew

Not to long ago, while checking out one of my favorite crafty blogs, I noticed that Jessica, from Happy Together, had sent out a call for test sewers (is that how you spell it? the same as a sewer???? really?).

Being that I LOVE to sew, which has nothing to do with stinky sewers, by the way, I quickly raised my hand, and hoped to be chosen. A few days later, I was actually FLOORED when I got an email from Jessica letting me know that I was one of the lucky few to get the great opportunity to test drive her Octopus pattern.

Sept2709_0024ew

As it so happened, I had some fuchsia fleece lying around, leftover from a jumper I had made for Sugar over a year ago. The sweet berry flannel I was currently using to make her little tote matched it perfectly, so it was quickly decided that Sugar Bear needed a new little friend.


Sept2709_0026ew

The pattern is easy to follow, and the outcome is so very darling. Sugar Bear helped me along the way, and had the final say on the bow placement.

Sept2709_0028ew

I think she has an eye for stuff like that. :) She was more than delighted to let me grab a few snaps of her and Lilly the Octopus.

Sept2709_0038ew

Choosing a name was a bit of a bumpy ride though. Sugar's first inclination was to call her "Strawberry", but quickly changed her mind, leaning more towards "Fluffy!" That name lasted for about 10 minutes, until she delightfully announced, "I think she looks more like a Lilly. Don't you, Mama?"

Sept2709_0050ew

And Lilly it was.....and still is. She is WELL loved, that little octopus.

Sept2709_0058ew

Sugar Bear was quite happy to pose with her new tote and Lilly, but for some reason she was a bit too excited to hold still. I suppose all the pretty little cuteness was too much for a little girl to handle. ♥ Who can blame her?

Sept2709_0060ew

Today, Lilly had the distinct honor to accompany Sugar Bear to daycare/preschool. She was the talk of the town, and when I stopped by to gather my girl, it was reported that Sugar had offered her mama's abilities to SEVERAL of her little friends. It seems everyone wanted an Octopus of their very own, and Sugar was more than happy to tell them that "her mama would make them one!"

Sept2709_0073ew

Looks like I better get hoppin'! Thank you soooooooooooooo much, Jessica, for giving me the honor of testing your pattern. This little project is such a treat.


***P.S. I'm feature today over at Jessica's Blog. come by and show your love. ♥***

8 Live It or Love It:

Autumn said...

So cute! So where do I put my order in?? I know you can make one in boy colors... ;)
I wish I could sew alas I can not. I was probably the only person to flunk Taylor's home ec. class! lol

CC said...

Awesome octopus!!!!!!!!! I can barely sew a button! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is seriously adorable! Love it!

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh Corey, this is so sweet! I so wish I could sew! How adorable!

:)

Christina said...

Goodness, YES - Lilly is seriously aDORable! Eeesh, I totally need to learn how to sew...Sounds like the orders are gonna come rolling in for you now!!

Jeanette said...

You are too clever!! How cute is that?!

Jo Beaufoix said...

I'm here, I'm reading, Im sad you've been low. I have yet to get to the heavy stuff you've mentioned but I will. I'm so sorry I've been absent for so long. So sorry about your friends husband, that is so so awful.
The Kitty project is wonderful. Sugarbear looks adorable with her fab octopus and I love the ice cream captures. HUgs. And again so sorry I have not been here for you, when you have so wonderfully been there for me. x

Marcelle said...

wow, that is too cure...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP