Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tell Me Thursday~ Thanks....I made her....I mean it...myself.

TMT150x150


Sept0709_0037ew






Ever since I started crafting, I've always taken great joy in saying, "Thanks! I made it myself!" whenever someone would compliment my finished project. Sometimes it was a scarf, sometimes a sweater, sometimes a blanket, and sometimes it was a handmade card. Everytime it was something I had put my heart into, and was pretty pleased when someone liked it.




Sept0709_0046ew




When my little Sugar Bear came along I got into a pretty good habit of responding with "Thanks! I made her myself!" whenever someone complimented her on her chunkiness, cuteness, smartness (these are totally words, right? wink wink) and all around perfectness. It never failed to get a chuckle. But SERIOUSLY, I do look at her as the best thing I EVER created.




Sept0709_0025ew






These photos were taken the afternoon BEFORE her first day, of her THIRD year of preschool. I knew that the next morning would not only be COLD, we would be in a hurry, and I wanted to fully capture this little outfit before she possibly ruined it with her tomboy ways at school. :)




Sept0709_0023ew




For once, she was totally into it. She wanted to show me all her best moves. I am not sure at all where she got these pose ideas from, but she was cracking me up. I took full advantage of the opportunity though.




Sept0709_0073ew




Tuesday, I told you about my mission to fashion gently used men's dress shirts to make clothes for my Sugar. This skirt was my original idea. I had seen one like it ages ago, and so badly wanted to give it a try. To make this entire outfit, I needed two dress shirts. The skirt is made up using the sleeves, with the buttoned cuffs around her waist. The top is made using the top portion of one shirt, and the sleeves are fashioned out of the top portion of the sleeves of the other shirt. I used both pockets, and some left over parts to fashion the head scarf. I happened to run across this great tutorial and thought it would go nicely with the outfit. Be sure to check out yesterday's post too see more photos.




Sept0709_0065ew




Both Sugar Bear and I are in LOVE this this new outfit. I think it makes her feel sassy, because she was full of spunk during our photoshoot.




Sept0709_0039ew




But don't let this little honey fool you....she has a pretty sensitive side. After noticing a scratch on her favorite tree, she decided it needed a hug, and some empathy.




Sept0709_0084e5by7w




Usually in the summer, I work on Sugar's yearly portraits. I hadn't managed to pull together a shoot this summer though, and as I was snapping away on Monday, I realized I just might have captured her 4year portraits. Check out last year's if you want to see how much she has grown.




Sept0709_0085e5by7w




I just can't get enough of her big blue eyes, and infectious smile.




Sept0709_0068ew




Seriously people......I MADE HER MYSELF! Didn't I do good?

24 Live It or Love It:

Bryce's momma said...

What a fabulous idea! I would have never guessed that it was made out of men's shirts! You are one crafty gal! The pics are gorgeous! Some of my favorites so far! What a memory of a moment! Look out boys! lol She is gorgeous! I know that her insides are equally as pretty as her outside! It beams through her pics and those piercing blue eyes! She is definitley my favorite thing that you made too! My husband and I always joke that our baby was homemade! lol Aren't children grand? Who wouldv'e thought? If i had know that I would have loved kids so much, I would have started when I was 25 instead of 35. Oh well, I think that I got time to sueeze in a few more!

Anonymous said...

The outfit AND the model are fabulous! You did do go, Momma!

Autumn said...

Sugar looks so much older in these pictures to me. I don't know if it's the lack of baby chunk or the look of her face. But boy oh boy has she turned into a beautiful little girl and not the baby she was before. The older she gets the more she looks like you too. One thing I love about photography is that it's one of our only ways to stop time.... if only for a second.

secret agent mama said...

Watching her grow, before my very eyes, is such an honor. You don't even know.

Christina said...

Goodness girl! You did good work - on the outfit, AND the girl! ;) I am seriously always amazed at all your clever, crafty creations. These shirt-dresses are darling! And, this series TOTALLY works for her 4 year portraits. I really can't find words for how darling she is - and that's from 2000 miles away!

Ashley said...

Love the outfit and the model! I must admit I am a little jealous that your child poses....mine just RUNS now when she sees me with the camera.

Janet said...

You did a sterling job Corey! Well done! :)

Beth Cotell said...

Yes! You did a great job!

bBchronicles said...

You have been so 'creatively-productive' these days! haha - I sure miss sewing, you may spark a little interest in me to dust off the sewing machine!? Very adorable post.

bBchronicles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

You did fabulous! I love the outfit and find it very inspiring that you made it yourself. Great job!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Beautiful pictures!! :)

mylittlepatchofsunshine said...

What a beauty!1 And I love that you made her outfit from men's shirts. Very clever!!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Adorable! She's getting so big:-)

Aunt Julie said...

As the mom of four boys, all I can say is "That's not fair!" She is absolutely beautiful! Did I say beautiful? Stunning, wonderful, angelic...Is she too young for my 13 year-old? Will have to keep the shirt idea for another day, but it's great too. Glad I stopped by.

Tanya said...

oh Corey!!!! My heart is smiling right now!!! She is just gorgeous! and those eyes! Oh man! LOVE the outfit! You have inspired me! while clearing up my moms sewing table I found a dress she had started making for Saige and never got to finish it. I am gonna!

Aspiemom said...

She looks so SASSY!!!! lol Great pictures, as usual, and you did do a great job making her yourself!

Good article in I Heart...

My husband mailed your box this morning for me. I'm sorry it took so long to get off. I hope it arrives in good condition and blesses you.

Gayle said...

What a great photo shoot! Sugar has lost that baby look, hasn't she?! You are so creative with the sewing. I don't have enough interrupted time to experiment. I would just get frustrated. Love the idea "look what I made" although once you have a teenager you might not declare that on every day quite so loudly! lol :)

Danielle said...

These pictures are adorable. Love the whole story! So smart to make an outfit out of men's shirts! She is so beautiful!

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

She is absolutely adorable and I love that outfit. What a great idea and so much fun. If I ever have a little one I hope I can remember crafty things like this to try out.

Maude Lynn said...

Corey, she is so grown-up! You're killing me!

Anonymous said...

1. We are all going to steal your "made her myself" line.

2. Your first day pictures totally kick my first day pictures' butt

3. You sew, too? Sheesh!

Unknown said...

Precious, precious, precious! You have an amazing talent!

Wenchy said...

She is such a pretty little girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP