Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Photostory Friday~ Life is a Treasure






Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



May2209_0001ew

One morning, late last spring (yes....I'm THAT behind on editing photos!!!!), the Sugar came running to my room holding a very special discovery. After waking, and opening her bedroom door, she had stumbled upon a paper plate on the floor of her path. It has interesting markings on it, and a short word on the back. I rubbed my tired eyes, and blinked several times at the bobbing paper plate, trying to figure out what it was. Soon my face was bright with a smile, as I recognized The Hubbies handwriting. Sugar Bear was holding a TREASURE MAP!

May2209_0004ew

Quickly we donned our cloths, and boots, and head out into the morning with our tools in hand. The first stop according to Sugar was the brick along the outside of our chimney.

May2209_0006ew

Soon we were headed up the dirt trail behind our house, and Sugar Bear spotted what she KNEW to be a clue. I was instructed to photography it before she picked it up. "The pirates must have dropped it."

May2209_0008ew

While I was busy completing my assignment, I heard a very audiable GASP.....

May2209_0011ew

Sugar Bear had spotted another important landmark on the map.

May2209_0014ew

The blackened, charred stump.

May2209_0015ew

We high stepped it through the weeds, logs, and berry briars towards the stump, and quite literally stumbled upon THE SPOT. How did we know it was the spot, you say? Well......you know how it's marked, right?

May2209_0017ew

The X marked the spot. The Sugar was so very impressed, excited and delighted. She was talking a mile a minute about HOW the pirates must have snuck up there, how they buried the treasure while we were sleeping. She was so busy yackin' I finally had to urge her to get on with it......what next?

May2209_0018ew


Diggin' of course......

May2209_0022ew

Lots of fancy diggin'! oh and the cute little shovel....well that is pretty special as well. My sweet friend, Jo Beaufoix sent that to us from across the pond. We ♥ Jo!

May2209_0023ew

Where was I? OH yes....the diggin'!

May2209_0029ew

That girl was flinging dirt like a pro when she heard the "clink" we were waiting for. At this point, she started to carefully unearth a very pretty (***albeit a bit inappropriate for children) multi-tonal blue tin.


May2209_0031ew

"What is it, Mama? Can I opening it? I love BLUE! ooooo there is a camel on it!" (sigh....I'll have to do advertising damage control later!)

May2209_0035ew

Her little hands carefully pried the edges apart, and revealed her pirates treasure.

May2209_0036ew

"It's gold and silver COINS, Mama! They buried the coins for me to find!"

May2209_0039ew

What a perfect treasure.........


May2209_0045ew

and the coins aren't too shabby either! LIFE IS GOOD!


***Tin provided by one of hubby's friends. Not too excited about the tin itself, but the thought that went into creating this surprise in the early morning, before we got up for the day is PRICELESS.

22 Live It or Love It:

Autumn said...

Why oh why do I have tears in my eyes??? Oh yea I know why, because that cranky old hubby of yours did a sweet wonderful thing. :) LOL
That is so cool and so so sweet. Don't ruin it by telling me you put him up to it either... I don't want to hear it if you did! LOL

Rose said...

Very Cool! You all rock! (and I good idea I'll have to try. Wait, I don't have a yard - like that.)

Still love those boots. (oh, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one far behind on photo editing!)

Gayle said...

What a cute story. How much fun that must have been for Sugar to have such a fun treat from her Daddy. Don't spoil it by obsessing about the tin...it doesn't mean a thing, is a pretty blue and might turn into an antique if you hang on to. We apologize for things we shouldn't, worrying about what others think. Everything was just perfect!!

Lindy said...

OMG how much fun is that?!?!? I'm going to have to do that w/ Squidge.

Beth Cotell said...

I LOVE this! What a great surprise!

AnnD said...

God Bless You!

You are a wonderful, fabulous, superb and perfect mommy!

What a fabulous idea!!! I am going to steal it!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

What a great idea! Keeping life exciting for your little one and yourself. What a great idea and the photos..oh the photos.....amazing!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

AWesome!! What a fun and exciting way to start the day!

kayerj said...

that was fun.

If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

tiarastantrums said...

you are one amazing momma

Michelle said...

what a very fun treasure hunt for Sugar to go on! Look at her pile of coins for her treasure!

Margo said...

How cool is that? I love your family's sense of fun. You are giving your child an enchanted childhood. and because of the camel, I bet a real pirate left it :)

Killlashandra said...

That is just plain awesome!

Heidi said...

What an absolutely perfect story! I loved it. I can't even imagine how exciting this would be when you were a kid. I don't think this is something your little Sugar Bear will ever forget. Your husband is so sweet!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I promise that all my posts aren't that strange!

Anonymous said...

Such Fun!!! What a great adventure for her. She'll always remember. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

What a great thing to wake up to! She definately looked like she LOVED it!

Angela said...

Wow, that is so awesome! Always wonderful to hear stories that are so magical for children.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What a great idea. Love her expressions!
(next time he needs a tin, he should go get some altoids... nice tin and fine for kids!)

Anonymous said...

THAT is the COOLEST thing EVER!!!! I can't wait to set it up for Vincenzo!!!!! Thanks for sharing your idea--and the special moments you captured on film.

Sue said...

So cute...my friends did this with their daughter on the beach at their cabin...they had to follow signs just like Sugar and finally found a "real pirates chest" which they opened and discovered it was filled with beads and sparkly jewels...she totally loved the adventure.
So sweet..

Christina said...

The photos are darling and the story precious...but without a doubt the very best part is that her DADDY did this for her, all on his own! How that must have made your heart sing...

Marcelle said...

What a touching and creative blog entry...YOU ARE THE BEST...and i have missed you sooooooooooooo!!!

Luv Sugar Bear my favorite blog girl...and I cant believe how tall she is...she's growing too fast. Keep her little!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP