Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Photostory Friday~ Meet Kitty


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Often I find myself in a photography funk. I feel like I'm taking the same old photos of the same old things. I start to feel uninspired, and BLAH! In fact, I have a post up over at I ♥ Faces this week, where I discuss one of my favorite techniques for trying to pull myself out of such photography funks.

For quite some time (since Spring actually), I have been wanting to put myself to a challenge. I find that giving myself little assignments can help me begin to look at my camera differently, and to try new things.

With this in mind, September 1st, I set myself on a journey. Every single day this month, I must take a photo of the SAME object, but in a completely different way. For this particular challenge, I chose a small wooden kitty, a friend gave me years ago. It is small enough to bring with me wherever I go, and pretty versatile. Sometimes I even try to make the photo relevant to my day. In the end, even though it will only be photos of a tiny wooden figure, I hope to have a pretty good representation of what September 2009 was like for me.

So here we go, the first 7 photos of my challenge:

Day one


Sept0209_0027ew

Day Two

Sept0209_0001ew

Day Three

Sept0309_0002ew

Day Four


Sept0409_0004ew

Day Five


Sept0509_0002ew

Day Six
(I messed up and forgot so this was taken the morning of day seven)

Sept0709_0001ew

Day Seven

Sept0709_0087ew


So far, I'm pretty excited with the results. It is fun each day thinking about when and where I want to take my shot. I find myself looking at the world purposefully. Seeing the world, when I normally wouldn't.

I can't wait to see where this goes.

17 Live It or Love It:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it Corey! I saw your post at I heart faces today and I thought it was adorable : ) even the little pun : )

Anonymous said...

Too cute! It really seems like one of those wordless picture books you come across on a lucky day at the bookstore.

Unknown said...

Another creative capture! Awesome!

Janet said...

That's a very good idea!

Gayle said...

It is obvious you enjoy photography as a hobby. I look at your photos and think "oh, that would be so fun", but in reality I could never invest the time to be good at it as you are. I just enjoy your photos, whine about mine and move on! :)

Jeanette said...

That is such a good idea!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Loved your column at I ♥ Faces and I LOVE the kitty shots! Fantastic, clever, and provoking. Brilliant.

tiarastantrums said...

oh what a great idea!! I tried to take photos every single day this year and by may - I was burnt out - this is a fab idea!

Cynthia said...

Very clever:)

kayerj said...

great idea, and I love your pictures. I’m remembering 9/11 today here’s my link Have a nice Friday!

Michelle said...

What a great way to challenge yourself. I am doing the 365 picture a day project and I know that there are days when I feel completely uninspired.

Good luck....I'll be back to see more kitty shots. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, Corey! This is fun!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun and neat idea with some great creative shots!

Christina said...

I hope you will post a collage of all the images at the end of the month - I LOVE seeing all the different interpretations! A week in, and there are already some wonderful ones. Such a wonderful way to break out of the slump.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

A challenge does make you look at things differently. SO far I'd say my favorite is the 2nd to last shot! Keep it up!

Maude Lynn said...

This is such a cool idea! I can't wait to see where this goes, too.

Anonymous said...

I just looked at all your kitty posts (backwards) - LOVE THEM! I hope you continue it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP