Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 23, 2009

Do You Relish in the Enormity of it All?

“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Aug0908_0039ew

Do you ever find yourself in awe of this amazing responsibility that has been bestowed on us parents?  I mean, it is a hard enough job to instill in our young charges the importance of washing their hands, saying "please" and "thank you", and eating their veggies, but we are also responsible for the BIG stuff.  The REALLY BIG stuff like:

TRUTH

"You will find truth more quickly through delight than gravity. Let out a little more string on your kite." ~Alan Cohen

Aug0908_0044ew

APPRECIATION

"Don't ignore the small things--the kite flies because of it's tail." ~Hawaiian Proverb


Aug0908_0023ew

COURAGE

“Don't be afraid of opposition. Remember, a kite rises against, not with the wind.” ~Hamilton Wright Mabie

Aug0908_0019ew

COMMUNITY

“Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me.” ~Albert Schweitzer

Aug0908_0068ew

LOVE

As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart never full of love” ~Anonymous


Aug0908_0071ew
SENTIMENTALITY

“Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.” ~Anonymous

Aug0908_0109ew

DEVOTION

“I dropped a tear in the ocean, and whenever they find it I'll stop loving you, only then.” ~Anonymous
Aug0908_0077ew

PATIENCE

“Time is like a handful of sand- the tighter you grasp it, the faster it runs through your fingers” ~Anonymous

Aug0908_0080ew

CONTENTEDNESS


“May your joys be as deep as the ocean, your sorrows as light as its foam.” ~Anonymous

Aug0908_0058ew

WISDOM

“Write injuries in sand, kindnesses in marble” ~French Proverb

Aug0908_0149ew

INTEGRITY

“We all leave footprints in the sand, the question is, will we be a big heal, or a great soul.” ~Anonymous

Aug0908_0146ew

FAITH

“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” ~Mahatma Gandhi


Are you weighed down with the RESPONSIBILITY, or do you find PRIDE in the HONOR you have been given?  

I am extremely grateful for this opportunity.  From the moment Sugar Bear came to be, it was like no other gift I have ever been given.  Sometimes I feel like it is a second chance to be the person one might have drifted from being.  As I gaze upon my daughter, I feel a strong desire to lead her by example.  I find myself showering her with:

ADORATION
POLITENESS
RELIABILITY
EMPATHY
GRACE
KINDNESS
MODESTY
DECENCY
TRUST
OPEN-MINDEDNESS
FORGIVNESS
SYMPATHY
COMMITMENT
APPROVAL
ADMIRATION
BELIEF
HONESTY
GENTLENESS
ENTHUSIASIM
COMPASSION
SHARING
DEPENDABILITY
COOPERATION
FAIRNESS
REASON
HUMANITY
JUSTICE
MERCY
STRENGTH
RESPECT
THANKFULNESS
UNDERSTANDING

I relish the second chance to get it right.  If any of those things were a struggle to attain for myself.....it certainly is an incredible motivation to learn them for the sake of my child.  She is watching me, and depending on me to be the person she can look up to.  

What a blessing!

P.S.  No Sugar is not shrinking.  I took these photos in August.  :)

16 Live It or Love It:

Berta said...

Absolutely 'sweet' post!

Janet said...

What a delightful post - those photgraphs are stunning! I can imagine running through the wet sand with a kite flying behind me ... freedom!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, Corey- my favourite is the first picture. Your coast has some similarities to here in Northern Ireland! :)

Becky said...

That looks like such a relaxing day!!! Sometimes I look at my sleeping son and cannot believe the responsibility I have been given. It's quite a humbling experience.

Mary Ellen said...

What a great post Corey!

Cynthia said...

Well, I'm glad she isn't shrinking;)

I love the picture with her feet and the reflection...I wish I took better pics:)

Autumn said...

Well I for one knew right away they weren't recent pictures... there is no way Sugar would be in bare feet at the beach right now! LOL
Wonderful post, to me it's an honor and it's totally frightening how much responsibility I have as a parent.

Bryce's momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryce's momma said...

Sorry, I had to delete and repost, cause I had a little help at the keyboard, and didn't want to offend anyone with my mispelling that looked like curse words. lol Yes, I do think about those things. I , along with you, think often of the UNWANTED kids and pray that God will allow someone in their life to love them. Really love them, the way I love my Bryce and you your sweet Sugar Bear. I thank God everyday for the blessing of my sweet gift. I love each one of the photos, but my favorites are the ones of your hubby's reflection and Sugar's reflection in the tide. I love the artsy stufff like that. Those kind of shots wouldn't be possible without a little help from God and a little :)wink from mother nature.

AnnD said...

Stunning post and photos! What a great job! And, that's it, I'm moving in with you. You have the most beautiful places to visit!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous shots! My favourites are the first one, and the one with her shadow!

Beth Cotell said...

The pictures are wonderful and the quotes are so fitting.

Great post!

Christina said...

Every time I visit you, I am touched and imspired Corey! It's just lovely how you've married these thoughts and images. It is awe inspiring and humbling to think of the great task we've been entrusted with.

Irene said...

I love the pictures!! What a sweet post!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know I say this all the time, but I just love her smile!

The Superfluous Blogger said...

the abbreviation for all those words is:
APREGKMDTOFSCAABHGECSDCFRHJMSRTU
should it ever come up.

i am doing all those things too, with the exception of grace. nothing i do is graceful, and i *want* it that way. :)

[good BOB those are gorgeous shots, as per usual].

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP