Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just Like A Swing

...we go back and forth....back and forth....back and forth.  Sugar's recent illness started on last Tuesday morning.  She woke complaining of her head hurting, and she had a small productive cough.  I gave her some Motrin, and decided to keep her home.  I'm a firm believer in a sick kid belongs at home.  I know that when I'm sick, the last thing I want to do is be out and about, or with lots of other people.  Anyhow, it ended up being the right decision because in the late afternoon a low grade fever showed up.  For the next two days, she was congested, feverish, and had a productive cough, but it really wasn't keeping her down.  She appeared fine, and really only coughed about once an hour for about three small coughs, but they sounded awful.  

Friday morning, the fever was gone, but she just didn't seem to feel so good, so again....I called in sick.  I questioned my decision until a few minutes later when my daycare provider called and said she was not available as she had been vomiting since the wee hours.  She has NEVER in two years called in sick, so I took this as a sign that I had made the right choice.  The rest of the day, and all day Saturday, Sugar was happy as a clam, and fever free.  She still sounded congested, and coughed here and there.  I THOUGHT she was on the mend.

That brings us to just about 2 hours ago, when after happily playing all morning.......the fever is back.  SIGH....perfect....just in time for me to miss more work tomorrow, I'm afraid.  I'm unsure as to what the fever is all about, but am beginning to wonder if this second round might be an ear infection.  All day, she has been saying, "What?   What did you say mama?"  I've asked if her ear hurts and she assures me it doesn't.  If I remember correctly, she has only ever had an ear infection once, and that was around 18 months, so this is new territory for me.  

So......what I hoped was a swing for the better, is now looking like a turn for the worse.  Poor little honey, even though she doesn't really act sick, and insists that she feels fine, I'm keeping her down, and rested.  Pumping the fluids, and crossing my fingers.  

TWICE she has asked me if we can go outside.  It is pretty cold, windy, and rainy, so the obvious answer is no, but it doesn't stop her from hoping.  You can do us a favor, and visit my most recent post over at Blissfully Domestic, and while viewing The Sugar in her outdoor element, say a little prayer (or wish) for us to be happy, healthy, and SWINGING AGAIN!

Thanks!

9 Live It or Love It:

Beth Cotell said...

Thursday before last, Peter got off the school bus with a fever of 103! Needless to say, he did not go to school the next day. His fever came and went Friday, Saturday and Sunday and he STILL had it last Monday (which was luckily a snow day for us). This fever/cough thing is some sort of icky virus that's going around. Hopefully Sugar is almost done with it!

Anonymous said...

A lot of people have been dealing with kids with fevers that are just hanging on and on. That's no fun. I'm glad she doesn't seem to feel badly though. Hopefully, it will clear up soon.

tommie said...

oh girlie, I feel your pain. I think in Feb my older one went to school about 8 of 16 days (he only goes four days a week)...It was sick one week, feeling better for a few days, sick another week!

Hope all are well in your family very soon!!

Anonymous said...

Great advice in your Blissfull post. A wish and a prayer on its way...

Janet said...

Oh dear! I am sorry to hear that Sugar is still not well. Seems to be the change of season. We're going into autumn and everyone seems to be unwell!
Keep your chin up and GET WELL SOON SUGAR!

Gayle said...

Maybe she has some early tooth activity ( I do not care if the "doctors" say teeth and fevers don't go together...I've had five children and I'm telling you they do). Unfortunately, with ear infections they come on quick. I remember once when Elijah was little he was fine all day and then in the middle of the night his ear burst (did you not) and poured out puss. I was in a small town, in a hotel room with six kids by myself. (It sucked). Apparently, there have been a ton of bad lengthy illnesses going around here all winter, but none of my kids have gotten sick this year. We have germs in our house. I am not a germaphobic or a neat freak, and I think that is why my kids are ALWAYS healthy. They have built up resistance. Too many people keep their kids in such a sterile environment that when they go out in public they catch everything. Anyhow, that sure was a ramble. I so hope Sugar is all better tomorrow and it isn't ears. Three of my five have had tubes in their ears due to our overly dry climate.

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh, bless her heart. I really hope she feels better soon. Nothing worse for a mother's heart than to see her baby sick. There has been quite a bit going around the last month or so. Hope this is the tail end of it all! Praying for Sugar Bear...

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Christina said...

Aww honey, I'm so sorry for both of you! How frustrating for the fever to come back just in time for the workweek. Sending lots of prayers your way for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

:( I'm so sorry you still have this stuff going on -- believe me, I feel for you! Hope everyone is back to their spritely selves very soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP