Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Photostory Friday~ When It Rains....


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

...It pours.  


Feb2209_0015ew


If you are a regular reader of Living and Loving, you might have noticed a lack of presence this week.  Not only did I skip several days of blogging, and some Memes I usually participate in, I wasn't visiting blogs like usual, and what I did throw up on the old blog was quick, and sort of effortless.  

The photo I chose for this post, very much suits me this week.  Not only is it truly and honestly raining here this week, there is a dampening of my spirit.  There are things I WANT to be doing, but can't.  There are things I WISH I was doing, but it just isn't going to happen right now.  I see things.....things that are bright and alluring, but they are behind the rain.  

Emotionally, I'm feeling fine.  LIFE is just getting in the way of my 'happy go lucky' mojo.  Sugar is sick.  I have not worked since Monday, and yet I have some pretty pressing things NEEDING my attention at work.  I know I'm where I belong, with my Sugar Bear, but when I was already stressed about work, missing so many days isn't gonna help.  I have two important meetings scheduled for tomorrow, and yet, Sugar just went to bed with a fever yet again.  Her illness is minor, but the timing is awful.  

As I sit here typing, I hear the wind driving the rain into the window, and I find myself identifying with the window. 


30 Live It or Love It:

Wayne said...

I think the picture is simple but so affective. I have never seen your blog before but I will read it more from now on if you dont mind.
great photo friday

Shellie said...

I have so been there. The picture is perfect!

Gayle said...

Well written story. I can see you now fretting over Sugar. :) Such a good mom. After five kids they don't tend to get as much sympathy from me...I'm more of a tough love kind of gal. Or maybe that is an Alaskan thing...being tough...cause my ex sent our daughter to school a few weeks ago with 100 degree temp. and he didn't was off work. Hmmm?! I hope she is better for you to make your meetings tomorrow.

Janet said...

Perfect photograph - I do hope Sugar is feeling better and that you're able to deal with work issues. Poor thing!

AnnD said...

I love that photo. I've felt like that lately too! Work stress is the worst kind of stress to be haunting you! I'm sorry to hear Sugar is sick and work is that horrible monkey on your back. I hope next week is better for you. I actually did my first PSF this year! I hope to be back to myself soon too...

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Such a beautiful post. I love the capture and I hope that you are able to find your mojo again and get back into the swing of things.

I hope Sugar Bear gets to feeling better soon too.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to Sugar Bear... I sure hope she's feeling much better soon. Love the shot... deja vu, too :-)

:) said...

I feel for you. I have had work get in the way of what was best for my kids too. It's the plight of the working mom unfortunately but you do what is most important and that is being with sugar bear.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That picture is how I have felt for the last couple of weeks. Tooth issues for me..giving me a major headache, my son was sick (very sick with a stomach virus and didn't eat for six days), then my son had to have his tooth pulled. Now I have a cold. I've missed a lot of work too and so that feeling you have....I can really relate.

Nice PSF.

Autumn said...

So sorry miss Sugar still isn't well. I understand about the rain, it's killing my mojo too. The price we pay for living in the most beautiful state! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! This was well written! I hope little sugar is feeling better soon and you can do the things you want and need to do!

Emily said...

I can totally relate. One week I'll be bored out of my head with nothing-ness going on and then the next I have so much going on that I'm going crazy! I feel like I'm constantly striving for balance!

June said...

Visiting here via JC...and sending well wishes to you and Sugar!

Becky said...

I love this picture. I am so sorry you had a rough week! Hopefully the coming week will be better. I hope Sugar feels better!!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Sending thoughts and strength your way Corey. I totally feel ya, I've lost my mojo for months now with life being a priority. Take your time and know that this too shall pass friend.

Christina said...

I hope the sun comes out tomorrow - both literally and figuratively! Sending get-well hugs to Miss Sugar.

Pdyrholm said...

It may have been pouring... But that's a great photo you got out of it :-)

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling -- I'm in a bloggy funk that I just can't seem to shake. I'm ever so sorry to hear that the resident cutie pie is sick! Give her an extra get well squeeze for me!

Susie said...

Oh, I really get you this week. Seriously. Lots of love to little Sugar Bear; being sick as a kid can be so scary, but a mommy by her side just makes it all better. It's priceless to be able to do that for our kids. GREAT JOB hanging in there this week. Sounds like a really tough one.
TGIF!!!
and here's to hoping those windows get opened soon!

The Superfluous Blogger said...

Yes it's about time you addressed that content issue. I mean, really, what do we pay you for? We need you here, 24/7, providing us with astute content around the clock. If you can't do this, then frankly, I don't know what to say...

AROUND the clock.

AAAnyway - you know, I don't know if it is that I was born on a rainy day or not, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE the rain. Actually it isn't that because I used to hate it. Now, I love it. Except when i have to walk to town. Then i wish it would shut up.

Carver said...

That is a very poignant shot. I hope Sugar Bear gets well soon and that the work stresses improve. I know it can really pile up. Take care, Carver

Chris said...

Gorgeous shot, Corey.

Sometimes life just does whatever it wants, doesn't it?

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she is better soon. And for what it's worth, you absolutely ARE where you should be.

I hope the days ahead are sunnier. You're in my thoughts.

Cynthia said...

Oh no...I hope Sugar Bear is on the mend. Sorry about that putting pressure on work:(
I know what you mean about the rain...we are in for it all weekend:P

Maude Lynn said...

Gorgeous picture!

I hope that Sugar feels better soon. They always seem to get sick at the worst possible times, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Hope she feels better. It seems that they always get sick when things are crazy at work. If you're like me, even knowing the little one is the priority doesn't always keep all those work tasks from intruding into your brain.

Anonymous said...

Hope she gets better soon

Mom said...

Hope your Sugar Bear is feeling better soon & your mojo gets back on track.

Michele said...

I sure hope the lovely Sugar is feeling better and that you are getting back into the groove...
special hugs to you all ♥

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Very well expressed.
Hope that she is feeling better and that you can get some of those stresses hacked down.

Killlashandra said...

There are always weeks like that one. Although we could seriously use the rain down here, if you could send it our way that would be great. ;) I hope Sugar Bear feels better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP