Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 27, 2009

Photo Hunters~ Hands

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yesterday, while Sugar Bear wheeled around the yard in her little jeep, I busied myself cleaning out the front flowerbed.  After pulling a large weed, I noticed a lovely little earth worm.  Quickly, I snatched it up, and called for Sugar Bear (okay...so I 'might' have ran for my camera first).   She was clearly delighted with my discovery.

Mar2609_0010ew

She could hardly wait to get that little worm in her HANDS.    This was only the second time she has held a worm, and she was quite intrigued.

Mar2609_0004ew

Within minutes she had grown quite fond of the little thing, and had dubbed it "WORMY!"  I for one loved seeing her little HANDS cupping to keep her friend safey nestled.

Mar2609_0007ew

After a short while, she loosened up, and started to allow it to stretch itself outward in curiosity.  Sugar enjoyed seeing it move from one HAND to the next.

Mar2609_0008ew

Her own curiosity was apparent, and it is something I truly delight in.

Mar2609_0011ew

Soon, Sugar Bear declared it time to take Wormy on a ride in her Jeep.  She was certain He (?????) would like it.

Mar2609_0014ew

Daisy Dog was VERY curious as well.  I'm not certain our 3 year old pup had ever seen a worm, and she was pretty insistent on getting a good sniff in.

Mar2609_0015ew

Sugar was worried that Daisy was trying to eat Wormy, so poor little Daisy got the 'shove-off'.

Mar2609_0016ew


She quickly let Wormy squirm out of her safe HANDS....

Mar2609_0020ew

And onto his seat. 

Mar2609_0019ew

Don't worry, Wormy!  She may not look like a good driver, but I'm quite positive you are in safe HANDS!

I mean look at this face......

Mar2609_0022ew


Thanks for coming by my blog this weekend.  I look forward to seeing all the busy HANDS this go around.  Happy Weekend!

41 Live It or Love It:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow~ Sugar is pretty brave in holding the millipedes in her hands)

Leslie said...

Wow - look at that! Great pictures!

Marcelle said...

I miss you and your wonderful photo's not forgetting Sugar Bear as well...when I get back to Germany I will have lots of catching up to do and will comment so you know i was there....

I am so scared of creapy crawly things - look at sugar bear, holding the worm with a huge smile on her face...such a brave girl she is.
Stunning clear photo's - am jealous have no idea how you do this...
Lots of love and wishes from Cape Town...

*lynne* said...

LoL! Lovely pics, accompanied by such a delightful commentary! :)

This week, I entered twice: two similar settings yet two totally different takes. Do check them out here and here.

cheers,
*lynne*

CHIKAI ♥ said...

you got one brave girl there! most kids her age wouldn't dare to hold or even get close to worms.

and oh, i love the clarity of your photos. they're so crisp and clear!

mine's up HERE. hope you can check it out! :)

Randi said...

Wow...Suger is so cute and brave.
Gorgeous pictures!

The Queen Bee said...

Such a brave girl. Mine's up too at http://prettyfabulous.blogspot.com/2009/03/photo-hunt-11-hands.html

Sarge Charlie said...

this is an excellent show of hands

Anonymous said...

Fabulous set of photos. I love how the purple of her clothing just pops out of the photos and that face is priceless. My favorite photo is the one of her and your dog...just before she pushes it out of the way.


If you have time stop by and see my photo hunt this week.

JyLnC's Photo Hunt

CRIZ LAI said...

That's sure a great experience of holding on to Wormy for a little girl. :)

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

gengen said...

She is gorgeous and her hands are cute. Happy weekend. Mine is up too.

julie said...

Sugar Bear is very brave, I wouldn't go near an earthworm myself :(

Happy weekend!

ancient one said...

Sugar Bear is so pretty. For a while we sold "fishing worms"... I hated picking them up and counting enough for a cup. Sugar is not scared.. she could handle that business..LOL Loved your post!!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

She is totally and absolutely and fully adorable! I think that this series of pictures could make worms a hottest item on the market if used for PR ;-)

Have a great weekend!

jams o donnell said...

Aww Such beautiful photos. She is such a wonderful subject. Happy weekend

anon said...

the wonder and excitment of children and the lack of fear!! wonderfully portraited. Judith

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Oh gosh, you always post such endearing photos and entertaining stories! :D Very nice one this week.

My Photo Hunt is up! I hope you get a chance to visit me, too.

http://ilovenewyorktravel.net/photo-hunters-hands/

Happy weekend!

Melli said...

My granddaughter and I had a similar moment LAST spring! She NAMED the worm and everything. And then she accidentally dropped him and he was a lost pet! They are QUICK when they want to be! LOL! These photos are just adorable!

Mudhooks said...

What a lovely series of images!

Unknown said...

Such a brave child. I got goosebumps just looking at it.

Mine's up.

PowersTwinB said...

Sugar is braver than I, I cannot stand to see worms let alone hold one! Thanks for visiting my hunt today

Jenn said...

Sugar Bear is such a curious child! And so pretty to boot! Love your shots!

Carver said...

I absolutely loved this sequence. Sugar Bear and her worm are good enough for a short story. I guess that's what this was but I mean in a children's book. You are also lucky she likes worms.

I got my daughter real garden tools scaled down to her size at a specialty place and they were expensive. This was back around 1990 when she was 5. She hated gardening because she couldn't stand worms. I ended up giving her tools away to someone with a child that really did help in the garden.

The funny part is when my daughter was 2 and 3 she loved "helping" with her little plastic garden tools but when she was old enough to really help she hated it. I have a feeling Sugar Bear won't be like that.

stan said...

It was as delightful reading it as she must have felt with the worm. She is one brave girl!

Autumn said...

Great shots. I'm not suprised the Sugar took a liking to the worm. Bug and I plan on finding a few ourselves this morning. But we are going to the neighbors pond to do some fishing with them.... poor little worms. Oh ya.. Yay you for cleaning out your flower bed!!! ;)

Marites said...

haven't seen a kid who's so brave to hold a worm like that:) that is really cool post.

Gayle said...

My little people love the bugs as well, but it usually ends up going badly for the bug.

dixymiss said...

Fantastic photo journalism here!

Mira said...

Yay, she's one brave little girl to hold that wormy ;-)! These are really great pictures,very sharp! Here's mine http://www.mirasblog.com/2009/03/photo-hunt-12-hands.html

Anonymous said...

Corey, those are wonderful! I have to laugh because Ricky also likes to hold wiggly woo's, but regrettably his idea of taking care of something is very much in the Al Pacino sense, so he can't be let loose with creepy crawlies as it always ends in an untimely death for them... :D

The difference between little boys and little girls, I guess!

Sugar is just beautiful.

Christina said...

Nadia looked at this week me, and says she wants a worm just like Sugar! Which is pretty incredible, coming from a kid terrified of all creepy crawlies!

You tell such lovely picture essays!

Anonymous said...

One of the thing I'll never get used to as a mom is contact with worms. Glad Sugar is braver than me!

Your comment about "having a ball" is still cracking me up!

Cynthia said...

Go Sugar Bear! Just stopping by to say hi...it's been a busy week:)

PastormacsAnn said...

Brave girl to handle a worm and not be squeamish!

These are great photos!

healingmagichands said...

Beautiful photo essay. I too loved worms when I was a little girl, but I promise you I was never as beautiful as Sugar Bear!

JC said...

What a fun series! I hope Sugar never outgrows her love for the simple beauty in everything. And... I'm sure your Grandmother's are already smiling down on you :-)

kayerj said...

hooray for earth worms--they are our friends. Looks like sugar knows that already, love her sweet hands

srp said...

What a lovely series of pictures that weaves such a great story. I don't think that Sugar would take to putting her worm friend on a fishing hook, would she.
Mine is here.

Heart of Rachel said...

Great photos! I love Sugar's natural sense of curiosity. I admire how brave she is. Not all kids would hold a worm like that.

AnnD said...

I've so wanted to get some photos of Emma with a worm this year! I know the exact quote I'm going to post with them too! I have always loved worms, well....all bugs really. I'm trying to instill that in Emma, not a fear but a respect and love.

Tabitha Blue said...

Wow, I don't know that my Baby Blue would be ready to hold that worm!! She surprises me... when I think she might, she gets squirmy and when I think she won't, she gets brave! These are wonderful shots.

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP