Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Team-Up Thursday~ Old and New

teamup

Hosted by Megan and Hip Momma

This week, Berta and I focused our attention on the idea of "old and new." As I went about my days, I looked for signs of the interplay between the two concepts. When it came down to making a decision on something to photograph, I couldn't pass up the chance to snap some shots of Sugar Bear with her favorite book. My photo portrays a NEW reader reading some OLD stories. The Dick and Jane series first came about in the 1930's. Many generations of children learned to read through the adventures of Dick and Jane. When I was still pregnant with Sugar, I found this collection of Dick and Jane stories, and couldn't pass up the purchase. A little over a month ago, when Sugar suddenly decided to start reading, I grabbed this book out of the closet where it had been waiting, and boy on boy did she take to it like a duck to water. Each and every night, we lay in her bed, and she reads to me from this book. It is so surreal to have her reading to ME. It is amazing.


oldnewdip1w

Berta's take on the theme is a real classic, and I adore the shot she got of her mother with the newest member of the family. I mean.....it doesn't get any better than that. Her photo is the perfect combination of "old and new." Love it.

Head on over to Megan's blog to see what the other pairs are up to this week.

17 Live It or Love It:

i love plum said...

both wonderful shots...love them together!!! xo

Cara said...

Both shots are absolutely wonderful! Sugar has amazing eyes and a photo of a grandmother and child is always heartwarming!

Megan said...

i posted last night on your flickr shot: these two illustrate your theme perfectly!

Killlashandra said...

Your shot is great! I love those young eyes peeking over the top of the book sporting its vintage cover. :) Great combo with Berta's realistic shot too. I like the differences in the interpretation.

HipMomma said...

We have that book! It's so fantastic for new readers, I have one too. They always say that everything old is new again and so glad that Dick and Jane made it back. Love her eyes peeking over.

Jen said...

You guys totally rocked your theme. It was a hard one, but both of your shots are perfect.

Jessie said...

I love them both. Yours touches me b/c my Piper is just starting to get that same interest :) Great job!

Maude Lynn said...

Great pictures!

I'm still awed when Baby Puppy reads to me.

noodle and lou said...

ohmygosh so sweet...both of them. just beautiful you guys!!

Joanna said...

Oh how I love the playful look Sugar is giving you behind that book. Grandma and baby is all too precious. You both did a WONDERFUL job of this weeks theme.

Christina said...

A new reader with an old book - what a wonderful interpretation, Corey! Love Sugar's sparkling eyes, too. Nice job, gals!

Jo Beaufoix said...

So so gorgeous hon. And it is mad to see them reading but I love it too. I've tagged you at mine but no worries if you don't fancy it. x

Melissa G said...

What a great theme - both shots are perfect for it. And oh my, those bright blue eyes are too sweet and mischievous. Beautiful shot.

Marcelle said...

wow, you both are amazing...Both so very different and both so interesting...you two make a wonderful team...

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye said...

What beautiful captures...and a wonderful theme! Great job ladies!

Unknown said...

Oh. The picture of (your?) mom with the baby made my heart happy!

As did the Dick and Jane book!

mrsmouthy said...

I love both pics, especially next to each other. How amazing to have SB reading to you! I remember when I was in grade school and I found a whole set of Dick and Jane books from when my grandma used to be a teacher and I read them over and over again. They're so sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP