Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 22, 2010

Take Your Daughter to Work Day

Feb2110_0097ew

Or something like that.


A few weeks back, Sugar Bear and I spent a good deal of our day with The Hubby at his place of employment. When people ask Sugar what her dad does for work, she replies, "He's a Captain! He catches fish!" but she really hasn't seen him doing it.


Feb2110_0072ew

We have visited his boat several times before, but she has never been out on the ocean. While The Hubby spends a good deal of his life out at sea, I get sea sick in the harbor. Even though we have been together since the dawn of time for 20 years, I have only once been out to sea, and while I think it is amazing and beautiful.....I get sick. We do not yet know if Sugar Bear gets sick, but I'm guessing that the time is coming near that we find out.


Feb2110_0073ew

It was an unusually sunny day for late February, and I know The Hubby was happy to have us there. He had been out to sea, and was heading right back out after unloading his catch, which was mainly petrole sole, dover sole and black cod (all of which is considered pacific bottom fish).


Feb2110_0071ew

We had fun exploring the boat, and even had to opportunity to hitch a ride from the slip (place the boat is tied up in port), to the fuel dock, to the fish plant. The railings are definitely NOT up to code when it comes to child safety, and I was totally wishing I had not forgotten her life jacket, but with someone standing close, I was able to snap a few shots of her enjoying the ride.

Feb2110_0087ew

and she really did.

Feb2110_0085ew

So many things to look at and point out. (Come back tomorrow to see what she was looking at.)

Feb2110_0083ew

Then Sugar got her turn in the captain's chair (also considered being at the helm).


Feb2110_0092ew

and I think it felt good!


Feb2110_0091ew

Peeking at Mama from up in the the wheel house (where you drive the boat), while I looked up from the galley (the cooking and eating area).


Feb2110_0103ew

All in all it was a perfect day for adventure. Maybe next time we'll brave the open sea. I think this girl might be ready!


Feb2110_0040ew
Pass the Dramamine, Mama's gonna need it!

15 Live It or Love It:

Janet said...

Oh what fun! Lucky girl to have a Daddy who has such an exciting job! (I get sea sick too, its awful - I do hope Sugar Bear is like her Dad in this instance!!)

melissa said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos - and it sounds like a great day.

My Little Man loves to visit his dad at his work (he's a firefighter) and get on the trucks.

Gayle said...

What a great treat for Sugar. It's great for kids to make the connection between what it is their mind and where mommy/daddy really go during the day. Looks like a fun family time.

Jeanette said...

What a treat!! Looks like she was loving it... her dad has at least got an exciting job :)

Lindy said...

love these- SB is getting to be such a big girl and what a cool job for a daddy to have!

Avril said...

Haven't dropped by in ages - SB is growing up!! Still as gorgeous as ever!! What fun having a daddy with an interesting job!!

April said...

What a wonderful adventure! My kids' dad works in an office right in our house...every day is bring your child to work day, LOL!

I totally get the sickness on boats. I didn't used to have a problem with sickness on boats until I was out in HI last spring...I was sooo sick on the boat it was aweful. We went out the next day with our little friend dramamine and I felt great. I was thankful for the help because taking pics of whales was sooo fun!

Autumn said...

Love this! Good to see pictures of the ole hubby. :) Funny how to me he looks the same ... yet different. LOL I guess that's how it is as we get older. I hope Sugar doesn't get sick. I've only been on the ocean three times and I've been sick all three, even on a huge ship in the Atlantic! ugh. Maybe if Sugar starts out young she will get her sea legs better than her Momma.

Jen said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun. Beautiful photos.

Momo Fali said...

I bet she'll take after her daddy and have amazing sea legs!

Marka said...

Your daughter definitely enjoyed her time on ship! I'm looking forward to tomorrow to see more from the fun day. Cheers!

Kimberly said...

I think it's just the coolest thing ever that your husband is a fisherman! (Umm, captain?) And the photos of your daughter. Simply stunning, as always! I can almost smell the ocean breeze just in viewing. :)

tommie said...

Those blue hat pics are adorable! It looks like she had a great day/

Christina said...

What a fun day!! It's great to get to see The Hubby. Is he working more regularly again? I have never actually been on a ship, but I have such a romantic notion of it...I would LOVE to go sailing. Wonder if I'd end up sick like you, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Looks like she had fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP