Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 15, 2007

Four For Friday

Seriously folks....there is something about having a predictable Friday blogging plan that makes me realize just how fast the days go by. I am not thrilled that my summer is flying by. I just know it will be over before I know it. Then I will return to work, and wish I had done so many things.
I am the worst procrastinator there is. It is a skill I have honed over the years. I have come to my most recent level of procrastination talent pretty easily though. There seems to be this natural instinct in me to WANT to do lots of things, but not always get it done. I have this nasty habit of taking on too much.
In honor of my procrastination today I'd like to discuss four things I'd like to achieve this summer while I am off work. I figure if I write it here....I just might follow through with them. tee hee....ummmm yeah, at least we can hope. Hope is GOOD!

1. The first thing I hope to accomplish this summer is simply to scrapbook at least three times. I know this sounds like a peasly little amount, but I literally have only scrapbooked one time in over a year. At least that one time was a 12 hour scrapfest, but let's be honest here...that is pathetic. I used to scrapbook with my friends 1-2 times a month. I swore that I would not get behind on Sugar Bear's pictures. HA....funny story. I have taken....ummmm....do I dare admit it?????.....let's low ball it at 15,000 pictures, and I have scrapbooked approximately 112 of them. Would you say I am more than a TAD behind? Thus....I seriously need to get busy and scrapbook. I LOVE scrapbooking. I just find that I have taken on like 300 other hobbies, and rarely make the time to do it. I will make some time this summer!

2. The second thing I hope to achieve this summer is to find an organizational solution to my SMALL house, and LARGE amounts of hobby supplies. I am drowning in my clutter, and I am sick of it. I love my house. I love where we live, but it is a 1400 SQFT, 2 bedroom, 1 bath house. It would work just fine for us, if I didn't have like 4 billion scrap booking supplies, 3 million skeins of yarn, 40 yards of fabric, and way too many patterns, rolls of ribbons and buttons. Where can I put it all, so that it is easy to access, yet not out in the open? It is constant frustration for me. I will figure this out. Wish me luck.

3. The third thing I hope I actually do this summer is to continue to Blog at least three times a week. I would prefer to blog closer to five days a week, but I want to keep my goal realistic. I have been enjoying my little blog immensely, and I want to encourage myself to open up more.....look into my own being, and figure out what makes me tick. I tend to over analyze most things in my life. I hope that by getting these thoughts out of my head, I might learn a little something useful. I appreciate all the love and support of my readers. All 10 of you, that is! :)

4. The fourth thing I hope to fearlessly tackle is.....dum dum dum.....POTTY TRAINING! Yup, I really need my little girly to be potty trained by September. EEEEEKKKK!!!! So far....she is soooooo not interested. She thinks she is, but she isn't. She talks a big talk, but she has NEVER peed on the potty. We've hit the jackpot on number two at least 4 times, but number one is another story. She just isn't ready. I don't want to push her at all, but I need to encourage her with passion. tee hee.....Cross your fingers for us that the "Potty Power" video is the magic I want it to be. :)

So there it is....my goals for this summer. Reading back through them makes me laugh. I sure am a "reach for the stars" kind of person, huh? Hey, it isn't the size of the goal that matters, right? Baby Steps.....Baby Steps!

6 Live It or Love It:

Laura said...

From one procrastinator to another...I'm wishing you the best of luck getting all of your goals accomplished! I'll be your cheerleader - You can do it! You can do it! Be sure to post updates on your progress. :)

Mary Ann said...

Corey, I love reading your blog. I am not on your message board anymore, but I still like to see what you have to say. I have to agree about the procrastination. You have inspired me to make my scrapbooking a priority this summer too. Maybe something that would hold you accountable is to post some of your completed pages on your blog. Then you will really feel accomplishment!

Pam said...

I like to set goals too. For a while on my blog, I posted "Scrapbook Accountability" posts because I was trying to get caught up before I planted the garden. I didn't reach my goal, but it did help knowing I had folks cheering me on for every page I complete! I am considering giving up scrapbooking and printing my blog instead.

Here's a great blog for organizing that I found through Chilihead's carnival the other day:

http://orgjunkie.blogspot.com/

Good luck with the potty training!

Lori said...

Good luck girl! I'm a procrastinator too! I just read a really funny blog about PT. Check it out:
http://citymama.typepad.com/citymama/2007/06/the_potty_whisp.html

Anonymous said...

I love it, Corey! So real! Hum. You never once mentioned using your new camera...Hum. Just thinking out loud... Hum. Wondering. Thinking. Hum. If you're up to it. Hum. To a challange, a freebie, sort-a speaking... Hum. Just wondering. Hum. Wedding. (NO NOT JESS). Hum... just thinking out loud. Blog loud. If I write it in a blog it might come true... Hum. Wondering...do you want details?? *smiles* Being I think you are the best photographer on earth. Hum.

*smiles some more*

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP