Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Painting

One thing I really love about summer is the fact that we have MORE time to be together. More time means more activities....and that is something that I love.

Jun2611_0008ew

The Hubby made this painting easel for Sugar Bear WAY back......in 2007, I think. Here is a vintage Sugar Bear (age 2 1/2 ) shot from June 22 2007. The girl was an active painter back in the day. She needed TWO paint brushes to keep up with her creativity. ♥

June2207005ew


Anyhow, summers are for painting. There is nothing like watching my girl get her painting groove on. Especially when she is in her jammies.....and a sunhat. :) There is just something so very carefree about it.

Jun2611_0009ew

I took these the other day, June 26th, and the light was so bright, but I couldn't NOT try to capture this moment. It just says, "summer" to me, and I've been needing to feel like it is summer.

Jun2611_0011ew

The weather hasn't been all that summery. And I've been pretty house bound with my puppy getting spayed, and all. The Hubby has been out to sea A LOT, which is a good thing....but it just isn't feeling like summer.

Jun2611_0013ew

So when, Sugar suggested some painting....I was alllllllllllllllllllllllllll for it. It was a gorgeous morning, so it was so very lovely on our back deck.

Jun2611_0017ew

These pictures have all sorts of technical issues, but they tug at my heart. I have pictures of her at all ages painting at this easel, and it just blesses my soul.

Jun2611_0024ew

She doesn't really yearn to paint like some kids do, but when she does paint, it is always a joy to see what comes from her soul onto the surface.

Jun2611_0027ew

I would have LOVED something like this when I was a kid. I'd like to think it would have fostered more creativity in me. It is my belief that if given the opportunity, kids can express so very much of who they are.....what they are feeling......what they don't know how to say.

Jun2611_0029ew


One of the best parts of this process is choosing which colors we are going to make up for that day. I mainly have the primary colors and black and white, so we mix up a variety of colors, and it is never the same.

Jun2611_0032ew

The narration during the painting can be a real hoot, when it comes to Sugar. Sometimes she is just telling me what she is painting. Other times, she is teaching ME to paint, like on those painting shows on PBS. This time, she was the big sissy, and I was the little sissy, and she was giving me a lesson on how to paint. ♥ I'm not very good at pretend play, but I'll usually give it a go for a little while. I'm pretty good at being the little sissy. :)

Jun2611_0036ew


All in all, our morning was full of lots of smiles.....the sun felt good.....and the painting was beautiful. I can't wait for the next session.

Jun2611_0046ew

LIFE IS GOOD!

3 Live It or Love It:

Gayle said...

Life is good. And I still seem to be missing out on moments I shouldn't be. *sigh*

inkyblog said...

i love these moments (beautifully captured forever) xoxox

Anonymous said...

I wish I had your technical issues. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP