Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tie-dye For!

“The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work.” ~Author Unknown

July0108_0005ew

On a fine day back in July, Sugar Bear and I took a little jaunt over to our neighbors house. Truth be told, we don't make it over there often enough. Our neighbor is a delightful person, who is always so welcoming, and forever available to lend me a hand when I need it.

July0108_0146ew

“May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.”
~Irish Blessings


July0108_0148ew

This particular day, I was grateful for a distraction. The long summer days can be hard on a mama who is used to working four days a week, and a child who is used to playing with her friends at preschool/daycare. With the crazy price of fuel this summer, I tried my best to not travel the 11 miles into town, so a little visit to the neighbors was a very, very welcome adventure.

July0108_0009ew

“When you have a rainbow deep down in your heart, your smile will shine bright. You know you're a part of that colorful, magical, feeling you'll find, when you have a rainbow inside.”

July0108_0047ew

I was excited to show off the dress I had just finished making for Sugar, and of course finding a few fun places to snap some photographs. Sugar Bear was thrilled to see a different face, and was eager to twirl, jump, hop, dance, and run.

July0108_0113ew

“Paint a rainbow inside of you, paint a rainbow, let your smile shine through. When it's cold and gray, push the clouds away, paint a rainbow in your heart.”

July0108_0110ew

After knowing each other for 12 yeas, you'd think I'd have had a tour of her property, but funny thing is...we never thought to do it. Luckily, she had time, and wanted to show me a few things, so off we went. I was surprised at all the nifty features her property had to offer that differed greatly from my own. We both have 5 acres, but her's seems so much bigger. Most of our's is covered in timber, I guess.

July0108_0048ew

Sugar Bear and our neighbor had a blast together. I actually stepped back, and just snapped away, as they toured the property, and enjoyed each other's company. By in large, it was one of our BEST days all summer. A good neighbor can be hard to find....so we are VERY blessed.

July0108_0151ew

"There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again." ~Elizabeth Lawrence

17 Live It or Love It:

AnnD said...

What a lovely series!!!! Every picture in this series is absolute perfection. Of course, I think I say that A LOT about your photos. But, it's the truth!

Cath said...

Priceless.

Megan Cobb said...

Bean was sittin' right next to me when I opened this post and the first thing she squealed was, "ooooooo I love her dress!" Nice job on the dress, the photos and the entertainment! :)

Autumn said...

That has to be my favorite Sugar outfit. Love it!

Anonymous said...

You and I are connected on so many levels, Corey!

This post; PERFECTION!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow she's looking like she's really enjoying the walk! What a gorgeous dress, you're very clever

Christina said...

I saw these pictures pop up on Flickr awhile back, and I had a feeling that dress was a Corey Creation! Very cute. How wonderful to have such a great neighbor....ours are all nice enough, but we don't exhange more than hi/bye.

My favorite pics are the ones of her hiding in the grass.

I love all your quotes, too!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Oh that looks like a wonderful day Corey. Thanks for your get well wishes sweetie. Hugs.

Cynthia said...

What fun!

Anonymous said...

I love how Sugar's spirit shines through in these.

Rose said...

Okay, wanting a girl right now. Love that dress. She sure is to-die for!

Killlashandra said...

Your dress turned out wonderfully! I love all the pictures of Sugar's colorful outfit framed in the green grass and the flowers. What a wonderful visit you must have had. :)

holly said...

your posts always make me want to go slower with my kids. tomorrow, i won't rush him on the bus like i normally do. i'll leave a liiiiiittle bit earlier so we don't have to rush. that will be novel! then we can enjoy the walk from bus to school!

he won't know what to do, though, if i'm not hassling him at least *part* of the way. . .

Deb said...

I love these photos, Corey! And what a pretty dress you made for Sugar, I can tell how much fun she must've had skipping, twirling and running around in it. Looks like a perfect summer's day. :)

CMB said...

How very sweet. 5 acres! Wow - you'd never find that near me. Totally cool.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Michelle said...

Her outfit is so cute! Great job! What a fun time it sounds like you both had at your neighbors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP