Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Camera Critters~ Don't Have a Cow, Mom!


Camera Critters


It has been awhile since I've posted a Camera Critters post, but tonight as I was cruising through my photo archives, I found some photos I had taken last August, and never got around to editing.  These photos were taken in the evening, and at a high ISO.  This left them with lots of Noise in them.  I originally gave them nary a second glance.  Tonight was different.  You see...Sugar Bear is at the farm today. She has been there since Thursday night, and I will be picking her up tomorrow.  I am missing her GREATLY, and feeling a tad sentimental.  Some would look at these photos and only see cows.....but I see the joy my daughter has on the farm.  I see memories of feeding the cows with her grandparents.  I see culture, and generations.

Aug3008_0152etexw

In an effort to salvage these photos I did some playing with textures.  I quite like the results. 

Aug3008_0194etexw

This particular cow is named, Fancy.  This is my mom feeding her an apple.  Fancy is quite a gentle beast, as she was bottle fed by my mom.  Fancy's mom died during childbirth.  Fancy has now had many calves of her own, but still  has a bond with my mom.

Aug3008_0182etexw

Sugar loves to go along when it is feeding time.  She loves to watch the cows eat. 

Aug3008_0162etexw

Sometimes she'll even give it a go, herself.  This cow is named, Daisy.  She is also a former bottle fed baby, and is really tame.  Daisy and Fancy are the only ones we let Sugar feed.

Aug3008_0170etexw
"Here, Daisy!  Have an apple!"

Aug3008_0174etexw

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this photo of Sugar.  I took it directly after the one above. She is obviously very proud.  This is her, "I did it, Papa!" look.  (melts my heart)

Aug3008_0175etexw

All in all, I'm so glad that I gave these photos another chance.  I find that often I just need to let some time pass between when I take the shots, and when I find the emotion in them.  This little set has won a place in my heart tonight.  



Aug3008_0160etexw


However, I could be just being overly E-MOOOO-TIONAL!


22 Live It or Love It:

Busy Mom in Iowa said...

Awww...great shots!!

TuTu's Bliss said...

I always love the depth in your photos. No matter what you are photographing your photos are never flat. (I'm sure there is some technical word for it but I have no idea what it is :) ) How about just, "WOW, you're good!"

Anonymous said...

Brilliant use of the textures, I still haven't got that quite right.

Gayle said...

I could kiss that last cow nose. I really like cows. Sugars emotions are a wonderful capture.

david mcmahon said...

Beautifully expressed, Corey. As you so rightly say, family is everything.

Kerri Farley said...

These are wonderful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the textures you applied!!

Anonymous said...

Not sure what was needing salvaging, but they all look good now. I think the texture used is a perfect match for them.

Adrienne Zwart said...

I love this series. I really like the texture you used, it gives the photos such character. Have you visited the i heart faces blog? The shots of your daughter would be great entries there as well.

Marcelle said...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=4661428785

Check out that facebook photography group...

Each week they have a different theme, the photo's are amazing!!
I think this coming weeks theme you will have lots of photo's to chose from...

FOLLOWING WEEK'S THEME, February 9th - February 15th

---==¤¤@@§§[[ Humour ]]§§@@¤¤==---

- Caught in the Act, Kids, Animals
- Laughter, lighter side of life
- People or Animals being funny / having fun, be creative...

Please prepare for the following week's theme, create new photography, your challenge / assignment or previous best shot.

Love the photo's with this entry, the look is very vintage!

Carolina said...

Really lovely pictures. Like the texture too.

Anonymous said...

I love Sugar's smile! Perfect. The texture really does work if you ask me.

Chris said...

Cows and art are not two things that I generally associate together, but WOW! you changed all of that. I think the texture of these photos is amazing.

Sometimes life is funny. We take a second look at something, and see beauty and potential that we missed the first time. And when we begin to treat it as though it has value, it becomes something valuable. Others begin to see what we see.

Hopefully you can tell how much your cows (and your terrific words -- well and of course your beautiful daughter, but that's just a given) affected me.

Great job!

Dianne said...

I love the results!! the texture added to already lovely photos

Janie said...

I especially like the photo of just the cow's nose, and the one of Sugar feeling so proud of herself. Very cute and emootional!

Mom Knows Everything said...

What wonderful shots! I love cows and the ones of the sweetheart are adorable!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I didn't know cows could be so cute.

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the texture of these, Corey -- they turned out quite stunning!

Ice Pony Girl said...

Cute girls! 2 and 4 legged! Liked the texture you used.

Michele said...

I can see the joy and happiness as well in the photos... they are beautiful!

Hug♥

Willard said...

A beautiful series, and I love the way the show the human-animal interaction.

Christina said...

Three nights away from your baby?! I can't even imagine. Nadia has never spent the night away from home. I think she's ready, but I'm not. :o)

I really love these photos, Corey! I'm glad you gave them another chance. The texture works perfectly. Makes it look like they're on canvas!

Michelle said...

you sure did catch the "I'm proud" look on her face in that one picture! Wonderful set!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP