Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Photostory Friday~ What do YOU Think?




Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek





Recently, I wrote an article for Blissfully Domestic that illustrated exactly how I feel about what Photography has given me

The other day, while Sugar Bear and I wandered around our little neighborhood, I spotted a great little puddle. Sugar tossed a rock into it, and delighted in the splash. WE are ALL.ABOUT.THE.SPLASH! Suddenly, I felt the urge to have a little chat about SINKING and FLOATING. I asked the Sugar to find a rock. As she held it in her hand, we talked about whether it would sink or float once she put it in the puddle. From extensive rock/puddle tossing experience she was well aware that it would sink....and it did. I then asked her if she could find something that would float. Quickly she surveyed her surroundings, and picked up a pine cone. She tossed it in...and it SUNK! We were both a little surprised, but talked about how wet and full of rain water the pine cone had been. We surmised that a dry pine cone really might float, but one wasn't to be found. 

Next she spied a leaf. She tossed it in the direction of the puddle. It briefly hoovered on the top of the water, and slowly started to sink. Sigh....Sugar was NOT impressed. Again we discussed that the leaf she has chosen was soaking wet, and that might have made it heavier than we thought. The hunt was on to find a dry leaf. Soon Sugar's little hand held up her find and she gently laid it atop the water.  We held our breaths......and TADA....it floated.  A Sugar did a little happy dance, I marveled at the beauty I saw.  I knelt down marveling at the sight.  I quickly snapped the shutter before it had a chance to change.  

I'm dying to know.  Do YOU find beauty in this photo?
Feb1409_0088ew2

I have NOT edited this photo past a basic sharpening, and contrast adjustment.   I shoot my photos in RAW format, so I have to make those decisions in post processing because the camera doesn't do it for me, like it does in Jpeg.


I am in love with this shot.  I adore the milky brown water, the reflection of the sun, and how soft everything appears EXCEPT the leaf.  The tiny bubbles caused by the other objects that sunk.  Amazing.  I just LOVE.IT.SO MUCH!  Am I the only one?  Be honest.  Photography is an art, and we all like different things.  I appreciate that.  I embrace our differences.  Tell me what you think of this simple shot.  

Have a GREAT Friday!


22 Live It or Love It:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I even found myself squinting a little from the reflection of the sun. Awesome pic...one of favorites! -H

Chris said...

Do I find beauty in that shot?

I think the entire post is beautiful!

You're right the dryness of the leaf as opposed to the softness of the everything else, makes for a very compelling shot.

That's why this is one of my favorite places to come on Fridays (Okay, Thursday night -- who am I kidding?)

Casey's trio said...

Yes! That is a beautiful shot...you are very talented with the camera!

Tabitha Blue said...

Ohhh, this is beautiful... and the story behind it was just wonderful! There is nothing like those mother-daughter moments!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Janet said...

How beautiful! The water looks almost silver, reminded my of mercury mind you!

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

Yes, I think its very beautiful made even more so by the fact of the story that goes along with it. The leaf that floated that brought so much happiness to your child after so many trys...I love it all.
But to be honest, all your pictures are beautiful!! :)

Becky said...

I love it! You are so talented. I think I found you through SITs. I'm almost positive. I don't have the best memories these days...

Emily said...

I love it! I'm all about the seemingly-simple nature shots that remind you how amazing everything around us is.

Killlashandra said...

I like the sunlight on the milky brown water. If the bright light hadn't been captured with the single leaf I'm not sure I would like it as much. Right now it says to me possibility and individuality. :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Honest?

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Maude Lynn said...

The entire post is gorgeous. My favorite part of the shot is the dark borders of the puddle. It looks so rich.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I definitely see the beauty here. It's what Ann Voskamp calls "His daily art." I think everything in nature - even decomposition - is beautiful in some way. The intricacies of our universe are astounding.

Specifically, I agree with you - the sharpness of the leaf against the swirly murky water is quite clever. Nice composition, too. Very lovely.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love it! for all the reasons you do.

Karin said...

How can you NOT see the beauty there? It is a great shot, stunning, lovely! You are right to be proud of it!

tiarastantrums said...

gorgeous shot - your photos are always so beautiful

kayerj said...

you described it perfectly and I love it, loved the story more. Parents taking time to teach little ones-priceless

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! The water in the puddle looks like icing and the dirt or pavement on the edge looks like a brownie. I don't normally see food in photos, but I've been craving sweets like crazy today! Definitely coming back next Friday.

Heart of Rachel said...

I think it's a lovely shot. I like the hint of the sun's reflection and the little speck of bubbles in the water.

I like how you turn simple things into an opportunity for learning.

Anonymous said...

I love it! It has depth and makes you take it all in.

Christina said...

Yep see the beauty in it for sure! Yet another sweet post from you corey - why am I not surprised?!

Donetta said...

Hay girl look at that shot! Wow how I want to walk down that path just after the rain with ya.

Anonymous said...

I think if you asked me in July when I was full of sun and barbecue I'd love the picture. But right now, in the midst of all the mud and rain it's a little like pouring salt in a wound. I do love the composition and the contrast between sharp and soft though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP