Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 18, 2009

A forgotten Treasure

Aug3008_0052ew

The other night, I stumbled across some photos I took last August, the I had not edited. There are a variety of reasons photos go unedited in my life, but the most common one is time. Especially in the summer. I take entirely too many photos, and have such little time to go through them and chose out my favorites. If not for my blog, I'd like be WAYYYYYYY more behind than I am.

It is always a treat though to go back and find some hidden treasures. This series of photos really brought a smile to my face, and a flutter of love in my heart. I remember this day like it were yesterday. The simple and true joy of playing with a big old tree. There was no fancy toys.....no batteries or lights. Just the tree and it's gifts of nature. I'm so glad I had my camera with me....or I might have missed this face. It is the face I see so often, when Sugar is educating me about something. I think this is her, "Now listen to me....I know what I'm talking about." face. Isn't it priceless?




Aug3008_0055ew

Do not be afraid to go out on a limb ... That's where the fruit is.- Anonymous



Aug3008_0064ew

It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanates from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit. -Robert Louis Stevenson


Aug3008_0031ew


Trees are the earth’s endless effort
to speak to the listening heaven.
- Rabindranath Tagor


Aug3008_0033ew

Of all man's works of art, a cathedral is greatest.
A vast and majestic tree is greater than that.
- Henry Ward Beecher, Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit, 1870


Aug3008_0035ew

We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees.
- Chief Edward Moody, Qwatsinas, Nuxalk Nation


Aug3008_0047ew

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
- Joyce Kilmer, Trees


Aug3008_0059ew

Someone's sitting in the shade today because
someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- Warren Buffett

Aug3008_0060ew
Hooray for fun summer days, and photos that send me back there in an instant. Bring on Summer.
I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo ready!

6 Live It or Love It:

Janet said...

Absolutely delightful! :-)

Bryce's momma said...

Love your forgotten treasure of your treasure! I love the one with the acorns. It reminds me of my neice's love for all things mini. I also love the "Sugar the educator" face. I love how her bangs coming to a point take you away from her baby blues to that cute little pout mouth. Love them! congrats again on your recent sucesses! I had to enter the pro category because I have been paid. I have NO editing skills and don't even compare to those folks. I don't like it one bit! lol

Christina said...

Oh yes, I love finding forgotten treasures like this!! These are darling. I see that "listen to me, I know what I'm talking about face" a lot, too!

Jeanette said...

oh how very cute!

AnnD said...

I love that 2nd one! I am right there with you...I never edit as much as I would like because of time. Of course, I've barely picked up my camera in 2 months so I hope I'm back to having too many too edit soon!

You'll have years to edit them. I'm sure she'll reach an age where she'll say: "Mom! I don't want my picture taken so much!"

Childlife said...

Oh, my word! SUCH a cute series!! That one expression you caught is just priceless and I love the baby acorns being lined up by such cute little fingers ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP