Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 15, 2009

To my Delight

My impromptu post on Friday ended up bringing me so much joy. It was such a treat to see all the guesses. It had me smiling, and giggling....and just plain joyful. Thank you for that.

Sue was the first here on my blog to figure out what I was referring to in that photo.

Last August, I became aware of the fact that Sugar Bear's thumb on her left hand is what they call "double jointed". This basically means that she has extreme flexibility in the joint. The socket is shallow and her thumb easily pops in and out. It isn't all that common, and no one in the immediate family has double joints. I do believe it is only that one joint for her as well. While she found some fascination with it when we first discovered it, she is starting to show some reluctance to being different. I say "It's Special!", but we all know that sometimes in our hearts, special just means different. It doesn't help that a few of her friends said, "ewwwwww...." when she showed them. Sigh......I'm just holding out for the day when they are of the age to think, "That's Cool!", instead.

Anyhow, I'll be contacting Sue about her little surprise. Congrats!

Several folks mentioned wondering if Sugar Bear is a lefty...or ambidextrous. She is most definitely NOT. She is right handed all the way. While she can write her name well, she isn't all that interested in holding her pencil correctly, and often tries all sorts of different grips. She also isn't all that prone to want to draw. I love it when she does, but it is really rare.

Last week at preschool, they were working on words that start with the letter H. Her teacher made each child a small book with blank pages, and some "H" words. Then each child has the opportunity to illustrate their book.

As per usual, when I arrived to pick her up, she was delighted to share with me her work for the day. As I slowly started flipping through her book, she eagerly chattered away about her drawings.


"See here mama! This a HOUSE!"

Nov0309_0040ew

"Here is a HAT. I have never drawn a HAT before! do you like it?"

Nov0309_0041ew

"This is HOPPING! It is really hard to draw that one!"

Nov0309_0042ew

"Oh, and here is my HORSE!"

Nov0309_0043ew


Okay people.....mama had to pick her jaw up off the floor and have another look. Did my baby girl just draw her first horse????? and did she do an AWESOME job or what? I'm not ashamed to say that I keep looking at it over and over again. I just can't get enough of this little drawing.

Here...look again!


Nov0309_0044ew


Pretty darn good, huh? Yeah.....she is BRILLIANT!


9 Live It or Love It:

Gayle said...

Somehow, without intention I am positive, this post just made me feel like crap. Every.single.day my darling Olivia draws me elaborate pictures and can write all her letter in capital and small and can spell many words. HAVE I BLOGGED ABOUT THEM? no. I feel horrible. I have to make her more of a focus in my life! Thanks for the prodding.

Janet said...

What a clever little bunny! That horse is very good - I don't think I could draw a horse like that! :)

Marcelle said...

I never read any of the others answers - but saw that straight away.

Autumn said...

That is the best darn horse I've seen from a preschooler! Way to go Sugar Bear. :)

Sue said...

Oh..I guessed right! :-) How fun!!

When I read this post I was thinking to myself as I looked at Sugar's drawings "Gee...mum has very high expectations if she does not think these pictures are amazing" and then I read the last bit and realized you also now see that LOL. Sugar is a talented little artist!!!

Christina said...

I for one think it's very cool that Sugar is double jointed! I used to wish I was. :o) She is quite the little artist, too! Nadia also is just starting to draw recognizable pictures, and I LOVE it!

Jeanette said...

That's one brilliant horse!

Anonymous said...

Meh. I've drawn better horses than that.

Okay, okay, so what if I haven't? SB really is amazing, as all we get at this house are scribbles with elaborate explanations.

Michelle said...

wow look at that horse! Much better than I could do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP