Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 26, 2011

52 Weeks of ME- Week Thirteen (Sunday Citar~ Over-Exposed)

Theme of the Week:

OVER-EXPOSED

Okay....so.....well.....I tried something new this week. Ummmmm....okay...so maybe SEVERAL new things. tee hee

Watch out....you may not like what you see, and for that, I'm truly sorry!

I did A LOT of thinking about this theme. While it would be rather easy to take a photo and over-expose the shot, I really started feeling like I wanted to say something MORE this week. This entire "52 weeks of ME" project has been incredibly interesting for me. I have felt, well......over-exposed. I have posted more pictures of myself in the last few months, than I have in nearly the entire time I've been blogging. I have taken WAY more pictures of myself than ever before, and I have felt....embarrassed....and awkward.....and vulnerable. Yes.....vulnerable, so I decided that I wanted to take some pics that portrayed how I've been feeling. EXPOSED.....VERY EXPOSED!

For the record...I have never taken photos of myself like this. The entire mood of these shots are nothing I have even ventured into. This was such an interesting project from conception to shooting....to editing. It doesn't end there. The idea of actually posting these on my blog is terrifying. BUT....isn't that the point? OVER-EXPOSED!

This first shot is what I imagined when conjuring up this project, but instead of just posting one photo....I decided to go ahead and post them all. Why not? I might as well lay it all out there.

Mar2411_0025e2w

Mar2411_0013e2w

Mar2411_0031e2w

Mar2411_0070e2w

Mar2411_0008e2w

Mar2411_0035ew

“Most urgently, women's identity must be premised upon our "beauty" so that we will remain vulnerable to outside approval, carrying the vital sensitive organ of self-esteem exposed to the air”~ Naomi Wolf


So....there you have it! Corey....in the raw....feeling so very exposed.

I had a little fun with one of the shots....and for some reason...I rather like the result. I just might print it up for my mom for Mother's Day!

Mar2411_0034popartweb


Just kidding! tee hee....












Be sure to head on over to visit Jessie and Cara to see all the fabulous ladies taking part in this cool project.


18 Live It or Love It:

Autumn said...

Wow, wow, wow. I'm so very impressed with these. For one, they are great shots. But I'm most impressed because I know how this was so far out of your comfort zone. So proud of you for taking the leap and trying something daring. :)

Nickolaus Cave said...

Wow! Way to go. I didn't think that deep into this weeks assignment. Wow!

a said...

I really like where you went with this week's theme!

And your pictures are GORGEOUS! :)

Jessie said...

I love it! I had taken some more risky shots the silhouette week but deleted them. Maybe someday I will get braver. You are such a beautiful woman and I just am in awe of your photography skills and imagination.

Cara said...

Corey you just blew me away with this week post. I saw these shot on Flickr and though to myself, she really went the distance. I did my typical analytical interpretation of the theme, I over exposed a shot. Kudos to you! You have inspired me to think outside the box from now on.

Marcelle said...

Corey, these are FANTASTIC PHOTO'S OF YOU...what an amazing idea...love how you saw overexposed as most * overexposed * their shots...you my friend thought out of the box like you always do...WELL DONE...

alicia said...

You are one brave, beautiful girl. Way to go.

Veronica Lee said...

The pics are gorgeous!! Way to go!!!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Molly said...

Oh my goodness Corey! Wowzie, Wow Wow! You are so very talented. I felt nervous for you as I looked at them, and may have even blushed :) Way to step out of your comfort zone. amazing!

Unknown said...

I'm So proud of you, you have really put yourself on there. The first and the third shot really got me, you look so vulnerable and beautiful. You made ART.
You are a great great women in outside and inside:)

Heidi said...

These are really beautiful shots! Congratulations for stepping out of your comfort zone!

Jeanette Verster said...

Corey ,these are absolutely incredible!! I wanna know how to you did that? Trigger or timer?
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Jen said...

I have contemplated taking more risque photos a couple of times, but always chickened out. You are so brave and real!! Oh, and absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think too far in this assignment. Mostly because I've been busy this whole week. But I really love your idea. It's so daring and interesting. You did a very good job!

Christina said...

Oh wow. Corey, you are an amazing woman. These images are intense, powerful and beautiful...just like you! Thanks for putting yourself out there like this, to inspire us all.

On a side note, I haven't been around much lately, and I probably won't be. I decided to take a break from blogging, and I've been surprised that I really haven't missed it! I'm not sure I want to come back...I feel freer without "the blog" on my to-do list. :oP But anyway, I'm still reading and always enjoying...just not commenting or posting my own stuff. I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip, I'm so sorry about Daisy, and congrats on Ivy!

Gayle said...

I wish I had the courage to take such photos.

Secret Agent Mishi said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this, Corey!!

OMG, sooooooooooo love this!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! That must have felt crazy and freeing for you! Kind of like skinny dipping...in front of the world?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP