Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Can Begin Now

Some really cool friends invited us to a "Beginning of summer" bonfire at the beach last Friday. I threw a bunch of coats, sweatshirts, hat, blankets, and mittens into the truck and headed off to what I thought would be a fun, but COLD and WINDY evening. As we drew closer to the beach....I began to notice that it was pretty out. I mean really, truly pretty....and calm. My jaw dropped, as we jumped out of the truck and didn't even need a coat. There were smiles all the way around.


Jun1711_0048ew

I'm sure it got pretty annoying having to hear me say over and over....I can't believe how nice it is. I'm telling you, folks, I never go to the beach without having to wear a parka. This was amazing, and totally a PERFECT start to our summer.

Jun1711_0045ew

Sugar Bear jumped right in the fun. She played with a variety of kiddos, while I got the chance to yack it up with adults. Wonderful adults. Friends I haven't had the opportunity to hang out with in ages. Some I haven't seen in 8 months....since last September when I went back to work...and everyone moved on with their lives. This won't happen this fall, though....many of these folks are parents of children who attend Sugar's new school. I'm very excited to be a part of this group.

Jun1711_0052ew

The sky was amazing. There was this really cool prism affect going on, and I didn't quite capture it, but I tried. The Hubby (who was out fishing) says he sees skies like this often while out to sea. It was a first for me.


Jun1711_0057ew

I held my breath when some of the little girls started playing with this beach ball. The light was stunning, but by the time I saw what they were doing....it quickly ended. Gosh I love golden light. ♥

Jun1711_0073ew

Jun1711_0074ew

The climax of the evening was definitely the bringing out of the summer's first S'MORES. There was munching.....

Jun1711_0115ew

and crunching.......

Jun1711_0116ew

It was ooey.....and gooey.......

Jun1711_0107ew

and so darn GOOOOOOD! :)

Jun1711_0117ew

I'm so grateful that we were able to attend this perfect event. I couldn't have asked for a better evening. We had to peel out about 9:30pm, as Ivy was home alone (eeekkkk), and I didn't want to come home to mess. Reluctantly, we trudged back to the truck......loaded up, and waved as we drove away. At home, we tiredly climbed into bed with sand still between our toes. I can't think of anything better. ♥

Jun1711_0102ew


Life is GOOD!

7 Live It or Love It:

tania said...

***AMAZING***

Beth Cotell said...

That sounds and looks like a wonderful way to start your summer vacation!

Autumn said...

How fun! Looks like a perfect way to start Summer vacation.

Jessie said...

That looks like fun. Smores = YUM! A friend's blog showed smores made with Reese cups. Um what would be left for the kiddos?

Jen said...

Sounds like a perfect way to start summer!!!

Heidi said...

How fun! We were at the beach that night, too, I'm guessing.... I tried to take a photo of that rainbow fragment, too! (Prism?) It was on both sides of the sun! But instead of taking photos we eneded up helping out a guy who had his truck stuck in the sand!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous captures!!
I love the idea that Jessie said; peanut butter cups and smores. Hello Jessie my new BFF.

Perfect day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP