Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 3, 2007

Four For Friday!

For this installment of Four For Friday, I decided to go in a different direction. Since I am starting to feel a TAD old these days, I decided that I wanted to do some reminiscing. This past June marked my 15th (gulp) year since graduating High School. OH MY....did I say 15? Yes, I am afraid I did. Seriously, it doesn't nearly feel half that long ago I was a carefree and fun loving high schooler. sigh....those were the days.
Anyhow, this week I'd like to focus on four movies that were released in 1992, the year I graduated. Being that I lived in a tiny little town with no movie theater, it wasn't too often that I went to see movies in the theater. Mostly I saw these on video with my hubby, well, boyfriend back then. tee hee

1. Drama-A Few Good Men, Starring, Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, and Jack Nicholson. Hubby and I saw this in the theater. I love, love, loved this movie. It really held my attention. It was back in the day when Tom Cruise was normal, and who doesn't love Mr. Nicholson. What an actor. It wouldn't be surprising to hear me say, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!" at a totally random moment. Loved that line.

2. Romance-The Bodyguard, starring Whitney Houston, and Kevin Costner. I actually saw this the fall of my Freshman year in college. I went with my three new college friends, and we all bawled like freakin babies. I loved the soundtrack, and purchased it. I proceeded to learn the entire theme song, "I will always love you", in sign language so that I could help my hearing impaired roommate "hear" the song.

3. Comedy-My cousin Vinny, starring Joe Pesci, Ralph Macchio, and Marisa Tomei. Hubby and I saw this on video, and I have probably seen it like 10 times since. I really enjoy this film. Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei are priceless in this movie. PRICELESS! LOVE IT! Lots of laughs.

4. Horror-Candyman, starring Virginia Madsen, Tony Todd, Xander Berkeley, Kasi Lemmons, and Vanessa A. Williams. Okay seriously folks, this movie messed me up. My hubby sure liked to make me watch freaky movies. I would go home all wigged out, and lay in my bed frightened to death. EEEKKKK!!! This one is a doosie in my book. I was so freaked about mirrors for a long, long, long time.

Well, there you have it. Four random movies from 1992. Go ahead and give me a little thrill, and let me know what you think of these movies, if you have seen them. Oh, and let me know when and where you viewed them. Thanks!

7 Live It or Love It:

Laura said...

Hmmm, let's see...

I saw "A Few Good Men" at one point, but I don't remember a whole lot about it, other than the famous line you mentioned! :)

"The Bodyguard" - Yep, loved it. And bought the soundtrack.

"My Cousin Vinny" - I don't know that I've ever seen this one in it's entirety! I was thinking I had, but now I'm thinking I just saw some of it on TV at one point.

Never seen the horror one! I don't do well with those! EEEK!!

Autumn said...

Man Corey, you're holding up better than me. LOL! I know I saw three of those movies but I have NO idea when and who I saw them with. Loved the first three but did not watch the scary one. ick!
It is so freaky that you had this post today because seriously, all week I've thought about when we were in high school. I even brought out my box of weird high school stuff, full of hysterically funny notes and letters. I almost sent you an email about it but felt too stupid to admit I was reminiscing about such a LONG ago time. Man we're old. '92 rules... hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Okay, my thoughts since you asked (don't remember where I saw the movies although most like rented from Blockbuster and watched at home)...

A Few Good Men I didn't care for. I never liked Jack Nicholson until I saw "As Good as it Gets". He totally creeped me out in The Shining (a movie I refuse to ever watch again because it scares me that much!).

I liked The Bodygaurd. My Cousin Vinny was pretty funny. Joe Pesci cracks me up everytime.

Probably the last horror movie I watched was Friday the 13th or something - mid 80s.

I graduated in '86 so my list would be full of Brat Pack Movies. Or was that one long Brat Pack movie with long intermissions between?

Andrea said...

OH boy...the memories!! All great flicks!

I graduated in '92 TOO! My freshman year I still lived in Eugene...then we moved to Phoenix.

It's hard to believe it's been 15 years! Thanks for the reminder! haha!

Donetta said...

Thank you for your kindness. I guess it did help.

Anonymous said...

I don't own it, but I love, love, love "The Bodyguard"! You've made me wanna see it again! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Melissa said...

I graduated in '92 also. I didn't realize it has been 15 years. Yikes! Now I really feel old!!!

I loved the Bodyguard. I think I saw it in the movie theatre. I am probably one of the few people who still like to listen to "I Will Always Love You". Whitney Houston was great back then.

I never liked "A Few Good Men", but was forced to rent it with my best friend. I don't think I ever gave it a chance, because it had Tom Cruise in it. I can't stand him.

I liked "My Cousin Vinny". Marisa Tomei was awesome. I love the last scene when she describes the car. I must have rented this one too.

I like horror movies, but never saw Candyman. I might have to rent it this Halloween.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP