Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Next Time...I Might Reconsider

Well, I'm back for my business trip. I'm back, but I won't say it was easy. In fact, it was somewhat of an adventure. I am not normally a very adventurous person, and this was no exception. However, I do believe I handled it ten times better than anyone in my life expected me to. As a known worrier, I received no less than 5 phone calls to check up on me BEFORE heading home, and at least 15 interesting comments since arriving home.

You see, we drove to our destination. On a good day, it is about a 7-8 hour drive. On a bad day.....let's just say we can add 1.5 to 6 hours the trip. Or....possible NEVER make it home. At least it appears that folks in my life thought that. I am not certain how I have given the impression that I jump to conclusions or tend to be totally pessimistic, but seriously people. It never crossed my mind that I would NEVER make it home.

No little flood that closes both lanes of freeway for 4 days intimidates me. I am a rural sort of girl. I grew up taking the back roads. In fact, I am not certain I even knew there was such a thing as a freeway until I was at least 10. Who cares? The freeway was several feet underwater. There is always a way around it. No worries there. Sure...it will be a hassle, but that is okay. Life is too short to whine about it. I guess others didn't think I would understand that. So they did a lot of worrying for me. Thanks.....that way I didn't lose sleep. Sorry if you did.

As it turns out, we were able to take a detour that only added 1.5 hours to the trip. No biggie. We even left about an hour early to make up for it. The bonus was getting out of the dorky group skit at the end of the training. Whew....dodged that bullet.

Well, now if a flood isn't enough adventure for you, never fear, I have more. It appears that early last week a few short hours after Grandma and Sugar bear returned home from a day of shopping and Chinese Buffet, a gigantic land slide, including boulders the size of my house, took out the highway that runs past my parents house. Luckily, Sugar and Grandma missed it....or shall we say it missed them. Whew! The scary thing is the fact the Grandpa was the first car on the scene, and actually saw/heard it. He was literally 30-45 SECONDS from being hit by it. EEEEKKKK!!! Luckily no one was hurt. Unluckily, the road has been closed ever since. Another detour for us on the way home. This one really only added about 30 minutes to my trip, but my brother had to go an hour out of his way to pick me up. It appears that nearly everyone in my life thought I would be in complete PANIC mode having a large landslide between Sugar and I. I hate to disappoint, but I was fairly certain there were quite a few ways to get around it, and of course...there was. We were reunited, and all is well!

Now, it isn't really the actually road issues that made this such an adventure, nor was it a reason to reconsider going on a similar trip. It was the 262 blog posts sitting in my Google Reader when I returned that set my heart to pounding. "How on earth will I ever read all that?" I began to panic. Sweat was streaming down my brow. With an undecorated house, piles of laundry, and a Sugar to snuggle, I just didn't see how was could possibly get caught up. After much thought....and lots of second guessing, I finally "marked all as read", and choose to play, love, and sprinkle holiday cheer through out my house. I think I made a good decision. I apologize if you wrote something beyond fabulous last week, and I'll never read it, but sacrifices had to be made. I think I have my priorities straight.

A BIG thank you to Megan for being such a dear last week, and publishing my posts. She did a fabulous job, and even caught me in a few mistakes regarding Sugar's name. Thank you for having my back Megan! You are a wonderful friend! If you haven't checked out her blog....you absolutely have to.

Lastly, as for photos of my trip....ummmm yeah....didn't happen. AS the FLOOD suggests....we had quite a bit of rain. Shall we say, "IT POURED!" ughers......so not picture taking friendly. Darn it. I am a bit disappointed as I was in a city in which I had never been, but life goes on. It might be an incentive to go back someday....in the summer...yeah...in the summer.

12 Live It or Love It:

jennwa said...

Wow! What an ordeal. I am glad everyone is safe and sound.

Autumn said...

Ok, so add me to the list of people wondering last week "oh I hope Corey isn't having a panic attack!" I was hoping you would be coming from the other direction to your parents house. So so scary that your dad just missed the slide. What a week, I'm glad you and everyone else are safe and sound.

holly said...

yeah i thought you were still ill! i was sending good thoughts for quick wellness your way!! lol.
i usually get stuff wrong. . .

david mcmahon said...

WELCOME back, Corey,

Thank goodness you are a resourceful self-proclaimed rural girl accustomed to detours!

And as someone who spent my teenmage years in boarding school in Darjeeling, I know all about landslides.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday ....

David

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I am so thankful you are home safe and sound! Thanks again for trusting me to care for the blog last week!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Yay you're back. I've missed you sweetie.
And am loving the new header. Sugar looks so grown up. :D

Deb said...

Oh my goodness. I'm glad you're back safe and sound and that the detours weren't worse than they were or could've been. I hope you had a wonderful reunion with your hubby and Sugar Bear and wish you a big welcome back! :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Holy crap. What an ordeal, indeed! Talk about raising the stress-o-dometer, no?

Thank goodness your back, safe and sound!

Unknown said...

Glad to have you back, Corey! I saw the adventure on television and was stressed out enough being on the other side of the USA. And, in my opinion, you definitely did the right thing by marking "all as read."

Lindy said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound!

...And your priorities are perfect - Good for you for putting family first in line : )

Pam said...

Glad to have you back, safe and sound. :)

Donetta said...

Welcome home.
I love your spit fire attitude. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP