Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 1, 2012

52 Weeks of me 2012~ Week 26

The Theme/Prompt for this week was:  CLOTHES

I really wasn't sure what I was going to do for this theme. I really am not the type of person that pays much attention to what clothes I am wearing. I tend to just wear black jeans, and some sort of shirt nearly every single day.

The other day, however, I was ready a great article titled, "7 Ways You Could Be Holding your Daughter Back." It's a great read, I highly reccommend it. Since my Sugar Bear was tiny, I have been THAT PERSON who thinks about gender steriotypes, and comments on such things often when I hear them. I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to not pigeon hole Sugar into gender specific activities or things. I feel like I've done a pretty good job, but there is always room for improvement.

A friend posted this article on Facebook and mentioned that #5 was where she could use some improvement. Many moms chimed in on that one as well. At that moment, I knew right away what my picture was going to be for this week. I wanted to capture my lawn mowing shoes! My girl knows that her mama mows the lawn. She knows that mama can do lot of cool things around the house. We still leave some things for The Hubby to handle, only because he can make/fix ANYTHING with a rubber band, some duck tape, a toothpick, and a piece of gum. I'm not nearly as handy as him, but I certainly can do hard work, and I hope that Sugar really "sees" it.

So here I am in my lawn mowing, hard working shoes.  I giggle about this because I've had these shoes for years, and they just got demoted to "outside work shoes" this summer.  They are size Youth 5's.  I love the Youth section.  :)

  Jun 29 2012_0005efb


The Theme/Prompt for next week is: COUNTRY


0 Live It or Love It:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP