Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 51

I can't believe it has almost been a year since starting this project. It has truly FLOWN by. While next week marks the year....I'll be continuing on through the end of the year, so I can make a 2011 book.

myweekdiptych51web


September 12th was a typical Monday, as far as I can remember. Darn it, I'm getting so forgetful. I can't remember if there was anything special about this day other than obviously watching my child cuddle her favorite little bunny buddy, Cutie! He is such a darling bunny boy, and so patient and tolerant of all of Sugar Bear's love. He is a treasure. I hope he goes to a good home, as we will miss him.


Sept1211_0010ew

September 13th was a long, long, long day. The late afternoon/early evening marked the first day of dance class for the year, and then we had to jet back out to Sugar Bear's school for parent night. I enjoyed it immensely while Sugar played outside on the playground. I wanted to have time to take a GREAT shot of her playing on the monkey bars, but things ran long, and it was freezing...so all I got was this pathetic shot....so I didn't even show it as an individual shot here. ick. Sugar Bear is all about climbing and swings on the bars right now. Her hands keep getting sore. She can hardly wait to get callused hands.



September 14th was my birthday. There wasn't really anything all that super duper special about the day. In fact, it was a pretty darn hectic day, with my water bed springing a leak, and having to fix it after work, BUT we did find some time to blow out a candle. Sugar took this shot of me. She loves to sing for me. She is the BEST gift EVER. I'm one lucky mama.

Sept1411_0002ew


September 15th brought another busy day at work. The Hubby sent me flowers at work, and I could hardly wait to get home and snap some shots. Lucky for me.....it was a gorgeous day, and I was able to find some fabulous light and create a rather dreamy shot of the flowers. This photo brings me JOY.

Sept1511_0012ew


September 16th was quite possibly one of the most emotional days ever. YES, there is no shot for this day. Absolutely NO PHOTO, and I just plain don't care. I had time later in the day to take one, but I just wasn't feeling it. I asked myself, "what marks this day?" and all I could think of was "black". So that is what we have. Around 3:10 pm, I was wrapping up a training with several staff, and we all headed to our cars. At approximately 3:15pm, a co-worker of 14 years fell to the ground with what appears to be a heart attack. 45 minutes of CPR, defibrillation....and so much effort and love was unable to save her. She died in front of our very eyes. I have not felt such emotion in as long as I can remember. There just wasn't a photo I cared to take that day. BLACK....BLANK....MISSING.....EMPTY.


September 17th I drug myself out of the house to honor my friend and LIVE. I took Sugar to a local festival, and watched her very first parade. It was a treat to see her excitement. Her first grade teacher was even in the parade. What a fun surprise. We had a good day, and I held TIGHT to my girl, and remembered to feel grateful for my heart beating....and my breath.

Sept1711_0065ew

September 18th was a day of chores around the house, but I took lots of time to play with my girl. We had fun with 3 different board games, and later in the day took a bike ride while our dinner was cookin' in the oven. We need to do this more often. It was a stunning evening. Unfortunately it ended with a mild crash on Sugar's part, and she skinned up her elbow. I hate to say it but we need some rain. The gravel is just so dry and loose on our road.

Sept1811_0017ew

Looking at this collage is so hard. I see so much JOY, but right in the middle is just sadness. It reminds me that I am blessed. I am loved. I have so much to be grateful for, and I need to say it MORE often.

4 Live It or Love It:

Autumn said...

Big hugs my friend. The shot of the sun on the flowers is so beautiful. Sometimes it's so hard reconciling the pain and joy of life.
This project of yours is my favorite. I hope you continue with something similar next year.

JC said...

So sorry for your loss, Corey.

Jen said...

I am so glad you are going to continue with the weekly recaps through 2011. I look forward to seeing your week in photos each week.

I am so sorry about your loss. I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a big hug.

Just Jinny said...

I'm sending comforting thoughts from across the miles. What a thing to have to go through. I am so sorry for your loss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP