Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Week 98

myweekdiptych97web

August 6th my little honey wasn't up to her best. She had a summer cold. I helped her find a quiet project to do while I spent the afternoon sewing. Here she is making a friendship bracelet. She is using a contraption she got for Christmas made especially to hold the threads while she makes the knots.

I have been at my sewing machine in months and months and months, but today was the day to "get'er done!"

In one afternoon, I:

-Mended one dress, two pairs of jeans, two shirts, and a pair of pajama bottoms.

I then:

-made THREE hooded towels

-refashioned a shirt into a tunic
 
-refashioned a shirt into a shrug

and

- made two pairs of the cutest underwear I have ever seen out of old t-shirts.

Yes...my kid is the one wearing homemade underwear. tee hee

Aug 06 2012_0010ew

August 7th I just couldn't let the day pass without taking a photo of the underwear I made.  Aren't they adorable?  Other than that....I have no idea what I did this day.  NO IDEA.
 
Aug 07 2012_0085efb
 
August 8th we headed into town for some errands, and then spent part of the afternoon at the park with friends.  I had a great time chatting with the adults, and Sugar Bear enjoyed her time with some kiddos.  After the others left, we walked around the park, and she picked a "lamb's ear" leaf, and spend the rest of the day rubbing it on her face.  :)
 
Aug 08 2012_0065ew
 
August 9th was a daycare/work day for us girls.  After a long day, we dropped by our shop and picked up The Hubby to head home.  Every time I drive by the boat ramp by the slough, I see these flowers in the evening light.  I usually don't take the time to stop, but that night I did.  I loved trying to get the perfect angle to get the bokeh circles from the glimmering water of the slough, and the sun coming through the petals of the flowers, and the cool "Shadow effect" the WIDE OPEN setting of my lens created.  I love it when it all comes together.
 
Aug 09 2012_0026efb
 
August 10th we took a walk today as a family. It has been AGES and AGES since we have done that. We all do it....pretty often, just sort of in mixed groups. This time we were all together. Even stuffed kitty came along. :)

I got several good shots, but I was drawn to this one. My husband isn't fond of me taking photos of him. Actually....he rarely allows it, so this one is pretty special.
 
Aug 10 2012_0040efb
 
August 11th we attended a family reunion at the river on Saturday. It was so beautiful down by the water, and I caught my girl just standing back and taking in all the wonder around us. We can't let these sorts of things go unnoticed.
 
Aug 11 2012_0032ew
 
August 12th Today was such a fantastic day. It was family picnic day for my 20th High School reunion. I so enjoyed hanging out with old friends and getting all caught up. I didn't really take any pictures of the event. I was more about the chit chatting.  Believe it or not....we had a pretty good turn out.  This is half of our entire class.  :)  Gotta love small towns.

We are used to 50-70 degree weather, and it was 96 today, so it was hot hot HOT for us. When we got back to my parent's house following the reunion, I let my little Sugar play in the sprinkler to get cooled off. She is such a goof ball, and wanted to put her goggles on. 
 
Aug 12 2012_0039ew

2 Live It or Love It:

Janet said...

So many lovely photographs today. My favourites are Sugar Bear in the tree, walking with her Dad and .... the pink flowers! :)

Anonymous said...

That underwear is AWESOME! I want a pair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Love It!

Adoring Fans

Recent Reads

For a list of books I read from 9/14/09 until 9/14/10 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/10 until 9/14/11 go HERE!


For a list of books I read from 9/14/11 until 9/14/12 go HERE!

Books starting 9/14/12


“Monsters of Men” by Patrick Ness

“Gregor and The Prophecy of Bane” by Suzanne Collins



www.GabriellasHeart.com Photobucket

Visits to my blog

Blog Styled by:

Analytics

Blog Styled by: NW Designs

  © Blogger Template by 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP